The official Deadwood thread

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That's why it's such an interesting show--a normal television show (or movie for that matter) would depend on the violence and death, whereas here it depends more on ritual, culture and morality. Even with the fight, it was a really well-written scene(s).

The morality issues and character takes on this issue kind of seperate Deadwood from the other drivel and Pablum seen on Network TV. Hell, even a guy like Al Swearengen has some sense of morality in his perverted way.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
I like this show & it is very entertaining.

*spoiler*

On the previous episode where Bullock gets attacked by the Indian, why didn't the Indian finish him off when he was on the ground?

He tells Charlie something about the attack, but I missed it - had to get my daughter some milk when she was in bed.

Why did the attacker not kill hm?

thanks!

If you catch a replay watch the part were Chrarlie comes up on Bullock passed out. Charlie tells Bullock what the brands mean on the indians pony. Some of the brands were for kills with hand to hand combat. Charlie said that indian was a badass and Bullock was lucky to be alive.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
*spoilers******

The story kind of left us hanging with Hickcocks murderer. Charlie and Bullock took him to Ft. Hankock(?) and they just left it at that. I think the brother and sister role is going to be great. There is alot of directions they can take that plot.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My wife tells me Deadwood is in the same time slot Sunday with survivor this week. She asked me what will you be watching? Thats not a tuff choice definetly Deadwood.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
NMCard said:
*spoilers******

The story kind of left us hanging with Hickcocks murderer. Charlie and Bullock took him to Ft. Hankock(?) and they just left it at that. I think the brother and sister role is going to be great. There is alot of directions they can take that plot.
YEah - I liked when he asked her about which place is more loaded & she said that they'll take both.

It seems like they are going to do a bit of a snooker here.

Flora's a cutie!

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
YEah - I liked when he asked her about which place is more loaded & she said that they'll take both.

It seems like they are going to do a bit of a snooker here.

Flora's a cutie!

Did you catch the lesbian innuendo between Flora and Joanie Stubbs.

Definitely a couple of con artists, the brother and sister.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is the long haired guy who works for Al - the one who offed the NY guy - so interested in them (the Buffalo kids?)

He acts like he knows who the guy is in the picture, but doesn't want anyone to know....something smells like dead wood in Deadwood if you ask me!

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Why is the long haired guy who works for Al - the one who offed the NY guy - so interested in them (the Buffalo kids?)

He acts like he knows who the guy is in the picture, but doesn't want anyone to know....something smells like dead wood in Deadwood if you ask me!

I thought he just had the hots for Flora.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:

He's a pedophile. He likes young chicks. Al told him to hold his feelings in. Al knows.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Best Show on T.V.!

I was surprised Al let Bullock find out about the gold in the widow's claim.

The new Government one looks good.

How long before Bullock wears a silver star on his vest?

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Best Show on T.V.!

I was surprised Al let Bullock find out about the gold in the widow's claim.

The new Government one looks good.

How long before Bullock wears a silver star on his vest?
What the hell were Flora & Miles thinking? Man, Silas has no mercy! Blew them both away. Flora got her head all bashed in and all.

I wish they would've been around for a few more shows.

Good call on Bullock. I'm saying soon! I think Farnum is growing a pair. He is starting to make a stand with Al.

I wouldn't be surprised if Farnum becomes mayor of the town if they ever do get civilized!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know, Bullock with a star on his vest just seems too cliche for this show. I'm not sure exactly where it's going, but it's a hell of a ride to get there.

If there is anyone that wants to be mayor of the town, it ain't EB! Definitely Al would demand to be the mayor, no question.

maddogkf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
If there is anyone that wants to be mayor of the town, it ain't EB! Definitely Al would demand to be the mayor, no question.
C'mon! EB could be the patsy! Al could rule through his puppet without the reprocutions (BIM me!) if he stays in the shadows.

Farnum isn't as dumb as we are led to believe!!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
Farnum isn't as dumb as we are led to believe!!!

That's why I believe he may end up turning on Al, or if not, he'll probably be killed by Bullock. It's only a matter of time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I don't know, Bullock with a star on his vest just seems too cliche for this show. I'm not sure exactly where it's going, but it's a hell of a ride to get there.

SPOILER!

Uhhh....Seth Bullock was the first sheriff of Deadwood....

Bullock Hotel - Deadwood, South Dakotah.
633 Main St, Deadwood, SD (605) 578-1745

The hotel was founded by Seth Bullock, Deadwood's first sheriff, and he has never left. His ghost walks the halls. Bullock was sheriff in the 1870s and died here in 1919 but was never really laid to rest. He was the sheriff "whose gaze could stop fights." Since then, nearly three dozen people have seen his ghost. These include guests, employees, and managers of the hotel

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
SPOILER!

The hotel was founded by Seth Bullock, Deadwood's first sheriff, and he has never left. His ghost walks the halls. Bullock was sheriff in the 1870s and died here in 1919 but was never really laid to rest. He was the sheriff "whose gaze could stop fights." Since then, nearly three dozen people have seen his ghost. These include guests, employees, and managers of the hotel

You're a jerk man. Post a spoiler to try to prove someone's speculation wrong. Very cool... :rolleyes:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
SPOILER!

Now that was not right to do. You should be expelled. :rolleyes:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
SPOILER!

Thats just flat wrong. I had no idea that Bullock was gonna be sherriff of that town. Damn!!!

On another note, this is the best show on TV. I was/am a huge Sopranos fan but i find myself wanting Sopranos to end to get to DeadWood!

Al is one of the best characters I have ever seen. He has some many sides. Like someone else said he is even sympathetic in his own way. (i.e calling everyone together to give money for the plague vacine-although his motive was to keep people alive so they would spend their money in the Gem)

My mother in law sai the actor who plays Al use to be on her favorite British comedy/soap show. Does anyone know if he is English or not??

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Thats just flat wrong. I had no idea that Bullock was gonna be sherriff of that town. Damn!!!

On another note, this is the best show on TV. I was/am a huge Sopranos fan but i find myself wanting Sopranos to end to get to DeadWood!

Al is one of the best characters I have ever seen. He has some many sides. Like someone else said he is even sympathetic in his own way. (i.e calling everyone together to give money for the plague vacine-although his motive was to keep people alive so they would spend their money in the Gem)

My mother in law sai the actor who plays Al use to be on her favorite British comedy/soap show. Does anyone know if he is English or not??

I believe he is Irish. His name is Ian McShane. He was the lead character in a long running BBC series called Lovejoy. He played Frank Lovejoy, an art dealer/detecive/scam artist. A & E carried it for years.

I'm predicting him for an Emmy. Hell, this show will blow the Emmy's and Cable awards away. As much as I like the Sopranos, I'm with you on the Deadwood anxiety. I'm watching the clock during the Sopranos, in anticipation of Deadwood.

My question is, who does the lead in and closing music. I have scanned the credits to no avail. I am putting my money on Ry Cooder, but I don't know. I find the music enhances the show and the previews. Does anyone know who it is?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
You're a jerk man. Post a spoiler to try to prove someone's speculation wrong. Very cool... :rolleyes:

Hey, that's why I first quoted what you said, and then wrote spoiler.

Sorry if you think I was being a jerk, I didn't mean to do that.

It's history, so it's not like you couldn't easily find that info (I found it in like 2 seconds) yourself. I sincerely apologize if I ruined the show for you.

Nice of you to call me a jerk; I won't make in any judgements on you from reading stuff on a message board... :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison