Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Menu​

Release Date: November 18, 2022
Studio: Searchlight Pictures
Director: Mark Mylod
MPAA Rating: R for strong/disturbing violent content, language throughout, and some sexual references.
Screenwriters: Seth Reiss, Will Tracy
Genre: Comedy | Horror | Thriller

Plot Summary: A young couple travels to a remote island to eat at an exclusive restaurant where the chef has prepared a lavish menu, with some shocking surprises.

Starring: Ralph Fiennes, Anya Taylor-Joy, Nicholas Hoult, Hong Chau, Janet McTeer, Paul Adelstein, John Leguizamo, Aimee Carrero, Reed Birney, Judith Light

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife dragged me to this and I ended up loving it. It’s alot of fun and well done. It doesn’t take its self to serious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this hitting streaming.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Little late on this - just hit HBO max

I was looking forward to this. Exciting premise and characters were interesting. Mix of dark humor and thriller. Plenty of "fun" stuff and satire throughout.

The "twist" was revealed maybe halfway through. Overall, unfortunately not quite a fan. It really missed the mark and I can't exactly put my finger as to what it is.

Much like Joy's character with the menu, the ending left me unsatisfied.

It felt like another take on the movie Saw, just through another lense, which is fine. Thought there would be another twist coming, but no. Lots of pretty dumb stuff, like the customer's seemingly acceptance of their deaths and the sous chef cult acceptance of what's going to happen. The subplot of Joy's character and the old man was pointless.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was okay, frankly not as good as I was hoping. Still, watching it for free on HBO Max was worth it.

Anya-Taylor Joy. I can't explain it, but I have a little crush.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was okay, frankly not as good as I was hoping. Still, watching it for free on HBO Max was worth it.

Anya-Taylor Joy. I can't explain it, but I have a little crush.

Watch Queen's Gambit if you haven't already.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch Queen's Gambit if you haven't already.
LOVED Queen's Gambit!

She was awesome in New Mutants. Her with a Russian accent, mystical sword, and a dragon buddy? Oh yeah.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solid B mid-budget movie fun. Something that doesn’t get made enough in Hollywood anymore.