The Man Who Wasn't There...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hiding in plain sight (clearly the forgotten QB - seldom in the conversation anymore) is: Mason Rudolph.

Is he a viable option for us at #15 (or maybe a few spots higher via a small trade)?

Thoughts?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hiding in plain sight (clearly the forgotten QB - seldom in the conversation anymore) is: Mason Rudolph.

Is he a viable option for us at #15 (or maybe a few spots higher via a small trade)?

Thoughts?

Jeff, Mike Jurecki is reporting Rudolph is not on Cards board at all.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If Lamar Jackson is a late 1st round pick then Mason Rudolph is an undrafted free agent in my opinion.

IF the Cardinals were to look at Rudolph he will be available in the 2nd round.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Mason Rudolph...would be a viable option in the second round. but considering he is unlikely to become an upper tier starter... not likely an option for us

although... dont be surprised if the Pats grab him at 31....with a couple years behind Brady and getting stronger..he could be a player...
the Pats spent several hours with him at the senior bowl in private.... then started spreading rumors about how great Kyle Lauletta is

I am sure Lauletta appreciates that since he now has some foolish people thinking he is worthy of a second round pick when even he knows he is a fourth round guy who will likely never see an nfl snap outside of preseason game two

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Jeff, Mike Jurecki is reporting Rudolph is not on Cards board at all.
If true, that's really dumb. However, Jurecki was wrong before.

Rudolph has flaws, but nothing really big. Jack of all trades, master of none type QB. He could very well be a Dalton type starter, or even better like Cousins. Those 2 QBs are my comparison for him. His floor is a solid long-term backup, like Drew Stanton.

Cards might have a lower grade on him, but imo if he's there in the 3rd you take him, even if we drafted a QB in the 1st. Rudolph in the 3rd would be a huge steal for an organization that took Logan Thomas in the 4th!

I have Rudolph firmly in the 2nd and wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st round. If the grades on him are indeed lower than I expect, I could see another RGIII-Cousins scenario with Rudolph beating out a theoretically more talented QB down the road.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Yeah, I put that in another thread. He and Lauletta are on their radar, but not until pick 47 or a few before that possibly if they're really going after Rudolph. Not necessary though, imo. Lauletta should be there as well. Maybe even in the 3rd.

Just more trade BACK possibilities maybe.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If true, that's really dumb. However, Jurecki was wrong before.

Rudolph has flaws, but nothing really big. Jack of all trades, master of none type QB. He could very well be a Dalton type starter, or even better like Cousins. Those 2 QBs are my comparison for him. His floor is a solid long-term backup, like Drew Stanton.

Cards might have a lower grade on him, but imo if he's there in the 3rd you take him, even if we drafted a QB in the 1st. Rudolph in the 3rd would be a huge steal for an organization that took Logan Thomas in the 4th!

I have Rudolph firmly in the 2nd and wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st round. If the grades on him are indeed lower than I expect, I could see another RGIII-Cousins scenario with Rudolph beating out a theoretically more talented QB down the road.
nfl network is reporting cards like...mayfield, rudolph, lauletta...

that tells me its mayfield if they can get him in the first...if not they see if they can get rudolph in the second,...and if that dont work out they will pick lauletta in the third

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score

Thoughts?
I'd take him, supet smart and extremely accurate. Excellent teammate, no troublmaker. You'd never have to worry about him crotch grabbing or embarrassing your team.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
nfl network is reporting cards like...mayfield, rudolph, lauletta...

that tells me its mayfield if they can get him in the first...if not they see if they can get rudolph in the second,...and if that dont work out they will pick lauletta in the third

If true, all that tells me they're not interested in any of those three. No way in hell is anybody going to tell you who is on their board. They won't even tell you after the draft who was or was not on their board, for the most part.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why? Guess we'll see tomorrow night
The OkSU has the perception of being a very gimmicky offense by NFL coaches. That alnog with Rudolph being a QB who is big but plays "small" by NFL standards will most likely keep him from going in the first round at all in this draft. I'm not saying these are all fair and accurate points, but these are the perceptions he is fighting against.