The Little Mermaid (live action reimagining)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still stand behind my want for a live action Princess and the Frog. You can still get John Goodman to play Big Daddy. And this song in live action would be epic:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
let's be even more real here... you have no clue what you're talking about. This move... and EVERY casting move is about one thing and one thing only... what the studio thinks will make them the most money. Period.
Really? How'd that work out with the last Annie movie?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that people are fickle. They like what they're used to. And unless this is a knock your socks off production, it's going to bomb.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? How'd that work out with the last Annie movie?

it made back double it's budget worldwide, which means it was a success.

I'd say I find it curious you didn't respond to my first points about there was nothing German about the recent Snow White and Cinderella movies that were both big hits, but I didn't expect you to respond. Your silence there speaks volumes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that people are fickle. They like what they're used to. And unless this is a knock your socks off production, it's going to bomb.

lol... it's going to bomb? Even if it's bad, it will still be a smash. Beauty And The Beast got a middling 71% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes and it still made over 500 million domestic and over a billion worldwide. Alice In Wonderland got a 51% rotten tomatoes score and made over a billion dollars even though it was generally reviled.

This sucker could suck and still make 300 million in it's sleep. It's one of the most beloved cartoons of all time and most people aren't racist enough to keep them from seeing the live adaptation and thinking otherwise... or that's it's "going to bomb" because Ariel isn't white is one of the more laughable things I've ever seen, whether it knocks socks off or not.

Care to make a wager? If it makes less than 250 million domestic, I'll quit posting for a month. If it makes more, you finally take a look in the mirror and admit you're just a racist? Good?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Care to make a wager? If it makes less than 250 million domestic, I'll quit posting for a month. If it makes more, you finally take a look in the mirror and admit you're just a racist? Good?
Yeah because racists always adopt black children. You just made yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah because racists always adopt black children. You just made yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already are.
When looking at your individual parts in the aggregate you’re definitely an odd duck.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything is victim and oppressor with you people. You're so freaking predictable it's sad. Everything is race, race, race.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so... no bet?

And did you really just use your adopted child as a racism shield? Racists can also have black friends. Doesn't make people any less of a racist and almost every post of yours on the subject just makes it clearer and clearer.

but, back to the topic at hand... you're still not going to respond to the fact that Snow White and Cinderella have nothing to do with being German and yet that didn't ruffle your feathers but this did... because it's not staying true to the source? Why didn't that bother you so much, but this does?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is victim and oppressor with you people. You're so ******* predictable it's sad. Everything is race, race, race.

LOL... YOU are the one who played the victim card here, getting completely bent out of shape about a fictional fantasy character having the color of her skin changed. But we made it about race. The level of denial here is stunning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess if they do a live action Princess and the Frog, they'll cast Elle Fanning or Chloe Grace Moretz as Tiana?

here's your victimhood. No one who's bends left on this board mentioned anything about race until YOU DID.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Annie was about a little girl and last I looked they were real and they changed her race even though every other iteration of her was of a little ginger girl.

VICTIMHOOD.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is all of you leftists one way thinking: "If you disagree with us in the slightest degree, you're racist."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all of you leftists one way thinking: "If you disagree with us in the slightest degree, you're racist."

you literally came onto this thread, started complaining about the color of a characters' skin getting changed and then... said it's the left's fault that everything is about race!

If you looked up the definition of hypocritical in the dictionary, there's literally a picture of you next to it. Bravo for outing yourself, as usual.

I mean, didn't you also go on a tangent about the coaching meetings in the NFL that occurred to try and get more black coaches involved and stop being passed over? But again... that was probably about the left!

For someone who doesn't care about race, you sure as hell bitch about it A LOT

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@NJCardFan by the way... in the original Little Mermaid, she FREAKING DIES and doesn't end up with the prince. Why aren't you up in arms over that change from the original story? Seems like a much bigger deal staying "faithful" to the source material than what her skin color is... which is literally never mentioned in the original tale that you apparently cling so dearly to...

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know racists who have married black women. Hell, this being the movie forum, reference Monsters Ball.

A racists prison guard gets with a black woman.

Wait a min....prison guard? Things that make you go hmmm.

Also, black people getting something is like the bat signal to some posters here.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I know racists who have married black women. Hell, this being the movie forum, reference Monsters Ball.

A racists prison guard gets with a black woman.

Wait a min....prison guard? Things that make you go hmmm.

Also, black people getting something is like the bat signal to some posters here.

"Why should I have to pay for THEM???"

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all the uproar about her race is silly. I also think that many who claim they are not racists because they want a white actor playing Ariel are simply lying to themselves.

Will she look different from the cartoon? Yes, because SHE IS A REAL PERSON.

I just think there are way more things people (ahem, white people, that is) could be all up in arms about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose