The Killer (Netflix)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to serial killer-esque basics for the king of the genre.

Count me as super excited.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank God Fincher didn't go the way of so many young filmmakers who have these incredible voices... that they then to decide only to burn on franchise fare. After his infamous experience with Alien 3, he's steered almost completely clear of franchises, making originals or killer adaptations, with Dragon Tattoo being the lone attempt at franchise fare after his infamous experience with Alien 3 wayyyyy back in the day.

I'd hate to see Dennis Villenueve continue on the path he's on and would rather he turn back to more of a Fincher like run. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED Dune, but Prisoners and Enemy were really good originals and Sicario/Arrival are flat out classics and I want to see more where they came from.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Thank God Fincher didn't go the way of so many young filmmakers who have these incredible voices... that they then to decide only to burn on franchise fare. After his infamous experience with Alien 3, he's steered almost completely clear of franchises, making originals or killer adaptations, with Dragon Tattoo being the lone attempt at franchise fare after his infamous experience with Alien 3 wayyyyy back in the day.

I'd hate to see Dennis Villenueve continue on the path he's on and would rather he turn back to more of a Fincher like run. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED Dune, but Prisoners and Enemy were really good originals and Sicario/Arrival are flat out classics and I want to see more where they came from.
I'm a little mixed on this. For the most part I agree. I'd rather not see Fincher or Villenueve doing the next MCU movie but then for something like Dune I don't mind it. Then I wonder if something like Harry Potter would have been better if they tapped Cuarón to do the rest of the movies instead of Yates. As it stands Azkaban is the only one that I thought was really good and want to watch again.

There's a fine line here. Nolan doing Dark Knight is another one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little mixed on this. For the most part I agree. I'd rather not see Fincher or Villenueve doing the next MCU movie but then for something like Dune I don't mind it. Then I wonder if something like Harry Potter would have been better if they tapped Cuarón to do the rest of the movies instead of Yates. As it stands Azkaban is the only one that I thought was really good and want to watch again.

There's a fine line here. Nolan doing Dark Knight is another one.
Right… but Nolan, like Fincher didn’t keep making franchise fare once he finished TDK. That was the series he needed to catapult him to directorial superstardom. But then he used that cache to make original movies. Villenueve is now on his second franchise and talking about extending it. That sucks, IMO.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Right… but Nolan, like Fincher didn’t keep making franchise fare once he finished TDK. That was the series he needed to catapult him to directorial superstardom. But then he used that cache to make original movies. Villenueve is now on his second franchise and talking about extending it. That sucks, IMO.
True, I was forgetting that Blade Runner was another one for Villenueve.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was pretty darn good. There's a fist fight scene that was killer

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard