Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat

Release Date: June 28, 2013
Studio: Twentieth Century Fox Film
Director: Paul Feig
Screenwriter: Katie Dippold
Genre: Action, Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive language, strong crude content and some violence)

Starring: Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy, Demián Bichir, Marlon Wayans, Michael Rapaport

Plot Summary: Uptight and straight-laced, FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) is a methodical investigator with a reputation for excellence--and hyper-arrogance. Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy), one of Boston P.D.'s "finest," is foul-mouthed and has a very short fuse, and uses her gut instinct and street smarts to catch the most elusive criminals. Neither has ever had a partner, or a friend for that matter. When these two wildly incompatible law officers join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected: buddies. From Paul Feig, the director of "Bridesmaids."

You must be registered for see images attach

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it, liked it a lot. McCarthy and Bullock play well off each other.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Pretty funny, but I'm not winning any father-of-the-year awards for taking my 6 year old.

I can't remember the last movie I saw with as much profanity. Seems like there wasn't one sentence where an f-bomb wasn't being dropped.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Wait is this the one where Bullock plays a tough no-nonsense woman who won't take no crap from anyone?

Oh wait. That's all her movies.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seen it thought it was funny as hell. I was actually very surprised by this movie in a good way. And yes I'm very in love with Sandra bullock smoking hot.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny movie, but the McCarthy character starts wearing pretty thin by the end of the movie. While I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars rating, and it did have a number of laugh out loud moments, the predictability and foul-mouthed bully act kept it from being a 4. It's a full 2 hour movie and I did start checking my watch before it was over.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife picked this for her birthday. I have to say, this movie was damn funny. Easily my favorite MM movie. For the first time she plays a character you actually don't despise. I have to admit, I was surprised by how funny this was. Sandra Bullock can still do it all.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
My wife picked this for her birthday. I have to say, this movie was damn funny. Easily my favorite MM movie. For the first time she plays a character you actually don't despise. I have to admit, I was surprised by how funny this was. Sandra Bullock can still do the same character over and over.

FTFY

:D

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Wife and I enjoyed this .... funny movie, a couple drag spots or kind of side angles that weren't needed, but all up pretty funny stuff

They definitely played well off each other although I would definitely drop SB out of the smokin' hot group

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was an OK comedy. Better than I expected but I was really expecting it to suck.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I've seen this 5 times now since buying it on DVD. this is a funny effin movie. I almost lost my damned mind when MM was liking for her captain's balls. the SB " tongue in cheek" joke was masterfully delivered. all in all, 6 it of 5. winner all the way.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I thought it tried way too hard to be funny. While it plenty of funny scenes, like the balls scene, too much of the comedy seemed forced.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought it tried way too hard to be funny. While it plenty of funny scenes, like the balls scene, too much of the comedy seemed forced.

I think nowadays a lot of Melissa McCarthy's stuff is like that. Maybe that's why I enjoyed her a lot in St. Vincent where she played it straight.