The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really can't believe we don't have a thread for this already. It's been out since 2017! The wife and I started this last week and are halfway through season two! I think I'm either going to have to quit watching the news or this because they seem to be running in parallel and could cross over any second now. :hairraise

Anyway:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Handmaid's Tale is an American dystopian drama web television series created by Bruce Miller, based on the 1985 novel of the same nameby Margaret Atwood. It was ordered by the streaming service Hulu as a straight-to-series order of 10 episodes, for which production began in late 2016. The plot features a dystopian future following a Second American Civil War wherein a totalitarian society subjects fertile women, called "Handmaids", into child-bearing servitude.[3]

The first three episodes of the series premiered on April 26, 2017; the subsequent seven episodes were released every Wednesday. In May 2017, the series was renewed for a second season which premiered on April 25, 2018.[4] In May 2018, Hulu renewed the series for a third season,[5]which premiered on June 5, 2019.[6]

The Handmaid's Tale has received critical acclaim and its first season won eight Primetime Emmy Awards from thirteen nominations, including Outstanding Drama Series. It is the first show produced by Hulu to win a major award as well as the first series on a streaming service to win an Emmy for Outstanding Series.[7] It also became the first streaming series to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series – Drama. Elisabeth Moss was also awarded the Golden Globe for Best Actress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid's_Tale_(TV_series)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show! I look forward to every Wednesday right now!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a regular watch for the wife and I. It's one of the few shows we both actually like.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The binge is nearly complete. We're up to Season III, ep. 2. Expect to be caught up by this weekend. Still loving it.

"Your girlfriend is a badass" really says it all.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we're caught up. Let's talk spoilers!

The freakin' scene in front of the monument was epic! Serena really needs to lose some more digits because she's schizo.

I knew something was up with Nick, but I wasn't expecting that! The fact that he never had any repercussions for his antics told me he was connected, but damn.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why pay to watch this when I can just bring up the Alabama News Daily website?

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that we'd get more on Aunt Lydia's past last night but it wasn't in the cards. I'm not sure I feel they've given us enough backstory about her to explain her motivations here and now. If that is all we're getting, I'd feel that was pretty weak. Other than that, I'm really digging the direction they're headed.

I keep hearing what Offred said a while back,

"They never should have given us uniforms if they didn't want us to be an army."

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is bringing it! Wow. I hope they don't run out of juice at this pace.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch the handmaiden on Prime

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fred got what he deserved.

The assassinations at the Twins "tell them the North remembers" type of vindication.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear half of this series is prolonged close-ups of a bleary eyed Elizabeth Moss making an array of facial contortions backed by dramatic music.

I like the series and the underlying plot, but I can't help but notice the plot holes are quickly becoming chasms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose