Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Grey

Release Date: January 27, 2012
Studio: Open Road Films
Director: Joe Carnahan
Screenwriter: Joe Carnahan, Ian Mackenzie Jeffers
Genre: Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (violence/disturbing content including bloody images, and for pervasive language)

Starring: Liam Neeson, Frank Grillo, Dermot Mulroney, Dallas Roberts, Joe Anderson, James Badge Dale, Nonso Anozie

Plot Summary: In "The Grey," Liam Neeson leads an unruly group of oil-rig roughnecks when their plane crashes into the remote Alaskan wilderness. Battling mortal injuries and merciless weather, the survivors have only a few days to escape the icy elements - and a vicious pack of rogue wolves on the hunt - before their time runs out.

You must be registered for see images attach

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an Intense Action Thriller about survival in a remote Alaskan forest. When I say intense, lets just say that during one scene the lady next to me jumped so high out of her seat that it even scared the crap out of me. Saddly this movie starts out strong but kind of falls off mid way through.

Like many Hollywood films there were parts that were completely unbelievable. The wolves at times looked very fake. Plus the last half of the movie and the ending were kind of weak. However with that said it was an enjoyable movie that will keep you on the edge of you seat. Liam Neeson did a fine job as well but his character didn't make much sense.

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm bummed to hear that, MCD. I love Liam Neeson and was hoping this would be a goodie. Sounds more like a Netflix movie.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
It's an Intense Action Thriller about survival in a remote Alaskan forest. When I say intense, lets just say that during one scene the lady next to me jumped so high out of her seat that it even scared the crap out of me. Saddly this movie starts out strong but kind of falls off mid way through.

Like many Hollywood films there were parts that were completely unbelievable. The wolves at times looked very fake. Plus the last half of the movie and the ending were kind of weak. However with that said it was an enjoyable movie that will keep you on the edge of you seat. Liam Neeson did a fine job as well but his character didn't make much sense.

Couldn't agree more. At least the ending was....well....different. Loved the poem though.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm bummed to hear that, MCD. I love Liam Neeson and was hoping this would be a goodie. Sounds more like a Netflix movie.

It's worth a Matinee price to see it on the big screen. Especially if you are a big Neeson fan as he puts on a solid performance as always.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than I expected. Another solid Neeson movie.

Edit: wolf CGI totally fake looking. And since when does picking a burning stick out out a fire create a torch that will withstand wind in -10 deg temps? Besides the movies I mean....:)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard