Reaction score
The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Release Date: April 23, 2010 (limited)
Studio: IFC Films
Director: Ji-Woon Kim
Screenwriter: Ji-Woon Kim, Min-suk Kim
Genre: Action, Comedy, Western
MPAA Rating: N/A

Starring: Kang-ho Song, Byung-hun Lee, Woo-sung Jung, Kyeong-hun Jo, Kwang-il Kim, Cheong-a Lee, Dong-seok Ma, Dal-su Oh

Plot Summary: Set in the 1930s Manchurian desert, where lawlessness rules and ethnic groups clash, three Korean men fatefully meet each other on a train. The Good, Do-won (Woo-sung Jung) is a bounty hunter who tracks down criminals with rewards on their heads. The Bad, Chang-yi (Byung-hun Lee) is the leader of a group of bandits and can’t stand to be second best. The Weird, Tae-goo (Kang-ho Song) is a train robber with nine lives. The three strangers engage in a chase across Manchuria to take possession of a map Tae-goo discovers while robbing the train. Also on the hunt for the mysterious map, are the Japanese army and Asian bandits. In this unpredictable, escalating battle for the map, who will stand in the end as the winner? Never be sure who's good, bad or weird.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Good, The Bad and the Weird

IMDB said:
The story of three Korean outlaws in 1940s Manchuria and their rivalry to possess a treasure map while being pursued by the Japanese army and Chinese bandits.

Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1616380953/

Watched this last night (it's on Neflix streaming). Really good movie. It's a Korean film, so it's subtitled (I mention that because I know it's sometimes tough to be in the mood for a foreign flick and it's even a dealbreaker for some).

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How does it compare to Kung Fu Hustle?

KFH was more goofy. And they really went overboard with the wires in KFH, here, it's not completely realistic, but certainly moreso than KFH. Oh, and no dancing and singing. :D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
This movie was great! I love that Korean cinema still uses mostly stunt work in its films and doesn't rely on CGI the way Hollywood now primarily does. They almost never go with the "Hollywood ending" either, which I also like.

Ji-Woon Kim is a fantastic director. Byung-hun Lee and Kang-ho Song really impress also.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen