The Future

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way a lot of you are talking is like missing out on a high picks makes us a bad team! Stuff like 'sucks to be a Suns fan right now' etc.

I'm sorry but the Suns are still one of the top teams in the league without this pick. We still have two other first rounders this year and will get Atlanta's nxt year too.

I really do dispair sometimes with the negative attitude that some have. Let's just move on from this and see what the uns do over the next couple of months.

HooverDam

Reaction score
People are disappointed because mathematically speaking the odds were with the Suns, they shouldve gotten that pick. They currently have two picks, but theyll probably have to deal one in order to get someone to take Marcus Banks off their hands, so in essence they just have their own pick.

Sure its nice to have Atlantas next year, but there is a damn good chance with Brandan Wright and Mike Conely Jr, to go w/ their other players, Atlanta will be in the playoffs in the east, and the Suns will have two late first round picks in a very shallow draft.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Future: pain.

We're finished. Not going to get over the San Antonio hump until Nash is gone (Remember, Duncan is only 30, and Nash is 33), and by then, LeBron, Durant, and Oden will have locked down the future. Stick a fork in this franchise.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People are disappointed because mathematically speaking the odds were with the Suns, they shouldve gotten that pick. They currently have two picks, but theyll probably have to deal one in order to get someone to take Marcus Banks off their hands, so in essence they just have their own pick.

Sure its nice to have Atlantas next year, but there is a damn good chance with Brandan Wright and Mike Conely Jr, to go w/ their other players, Atlanta will be in the playoffs in the east, and the Suns will have two late first round picks in a very shallow draft.
The Hawks moved from 4th to third, it wasn't like a huge leap or anything!

The Suns will still have one of the top 3/4 teams in the league. If we can off-load Banks then i'm all for it too. There will be some moves this summer, with trades and possibly FA. We should all come back next year and if the Suns have had a bad year then people can complain but I don't see that happening.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score

We're finished. Not going to get over the San Antonio hump until Nash is gone (Remember, Duncan is only 30, and Nash is 33), and by then, LeBron, Durant, and Oden will have locked down the future. Stick a fork in this franchise.

Unreal..

Simply unreal.

MrsKneebar

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Happy Birthday To Me

I was hoping for a Spurs win, and for Atlanta to get 1-3. Half of it is complete.

Nothing person, just wanting to protect my own team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Give me a freaking break.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The Hawks moved from 4th to third, it wasn't like a huge leap or anything!

The Suns had a 62% chance or so either way, it doesn't matter that the Hawks only moved up one spot, the numbers were still in Phoenix's favor, so people assumed the Suns would get the pick and got their hopes up. I don't think anyone predicted both Memphis and Boston not ending up in the top 3, it was very unusual and people are justifiably disappointed.

I know the Suns are still one of the best teams in the league, but not getting that 4-7 pick really hamstrings the Suns offseason plans. They'll probably only end up w/ one very late pick, and who knows if that player will even be able to contribute.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not only that, but the #5 pick in this draft was worth a ton more than the #15 pick in next year's draft. The Suns just took a major talent hit, even though we don't know who the players are.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not only that, but the #5 pick in this draft was worth a ton more than the #15 pick in next year's draft. The Suns just took a major talent hit, even though we don't know who the players are.

I'm sure you'd be the first to agree that it's pointless to go on about it. (and the below doesn't not refer to your post, Eric)

There seems to be 2 kinds of people: Those that are ready to give up on the Suns and those that aren't too upset that right now we have the same team that just needs some tweaks here and there. And that's ridiculous--on both sides.

What good does complaining about not getting the pick going to do anybody? Move on.

MonkeyMan22

Reaction score

Oh for Christ sake gimme a freakin break! So much doom and gloom here sometimes. Obviously we missed a major opportunity and it sucks but that doesn’t mean we can’t improve and it doesn’t mean we can’t pick up some talent via FA or trades. Even if we remain more or less status quo we’re still quite legit contenders. Common, think positive will ya!

MM

HooverDam

Reaction score
Please name the 14 teams that Atlanta will be better than.

They don't have to be better than that many teams, they only have to make the playoffs in the east (an easy task) to stay out of the lottery. Lets look at the east next year.

Probable playoff teams:
Detroit
Chicago
Cleveland
Toronto
Orlando
Miami
Washington

That leaves the 8th spot open and will be battled for by teams like New York, New Jersey, Milwaukee and Atlanta. So its certainly reasonable to think Atlanta, with Julian Wright and Mike Conely could be battling for a playoff spot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For everyone that is proclaiming the Suns dead, wanna know who else besides us DOESN'T have a top 20 pick?

Dallas (not even a first rounder at all)
San Antonio
Houston
Utah

It's not like all of a sudden we became a lottery team ourselves. Come on now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For everyone that is proclaiming the Suns dead, wanna know who else besides us DOESN'T have a top 20 pick?

San Antonio
Houston
Utah

It's not like all of a sudden we became a lottery team ourselves. Come on now.

If the Suns really committed scouting and the money to sign their draft picks, I really like having two first round picks this year and two the next. Just look how many Suns fans are swooning over a late round pick like Sergio. This year's draft is supposed to be even deeper.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Think positive? After the last two weeks? Nope. Not for a long while will I think any thought even remotely close to positive. Can't wait to see how we screw up our roster. That's the final point in the Bermuda triangle of pain. 1. Lose to the Spurs due to Stern. 2. Lose the draft pick. 3. Trade Amare for someone old.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am sick of this talk about FUTURE. I've been listening to crap about SUNS FUTURE all my life. I want something NOW. I am sick of "FUTURE". I want something now dammit!:mad:

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

San Antonio
Houston
Utah

Spurs = most likely champs, will find a way to get better next year, much MUCH better salary situation then us

Dallas = billionaire owner with a lot of options

Suns =

Suns =

Suns..... =

Wait what do we have again?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at this point I can see the Suns trying to package their two picks to trade up into the teens and get Rudy Fernandez. At least we know he can play, D'Antoni would certainly play him, and he can probably fill the roll of ball handler fairly well with Nash out. It's almost like trading Banks, just without the cap help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn