The future Cards duo????

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/preview/spotlight/nate_poole/

The pressure for standout student-athletes -- especially NFL-bound standouts -- to graduate in four years is often ... well, nonexistent.

For Nate Poole, there has been pressure. After all, there was more than a diploma riding on his four-year plan -- there was the chance to receive another year of eligibility.

As a former Proposition 48 student or "partial qualifier," Poole was informed in 1999 he would receive a fourth season of eligibility, giving him a chance to play in 2000.

"That was great," Poole said of the NCAA's ruling. "I've got so much more that I want to learn. The extra year will give me a chance to do so much."

The Herd's top receiver has already done his share of contributing: As QB Chad Pennington's main man in 1999, Poole amassed four 100-yard receiving games and was named first-team all-MAC.

Pennington has departed for the NFL, but expectations of Poole are as high as ever. He'll be the primary target for new QB Byron Leftwich, who coach Bobby Pruett says has "a stronger arm" than Pennington.

:wave: :D :thumbup:

Last edited:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Poole, he's paid some dues so far. He's not a speed burner, he reminds me a lot of Frank Sanders. A nice, big, consistant, go over the middle, possession, receiver. An important weapon on any team. Usually they will perform best out of the slot, and won't be catching a lot of long bombs, but will consistantly give you a chance to make an important 1st down play.
I hope Sanders does get signed. If not, I think Poole may be about ready to make a good run at starting there.

As to Leftwich....I'll pass on that part. Not that I have anything against him, I just don't think getting him is as important as a lot of people seem to be making it out to be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison