The fallout injury wise from this game is scary

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went in without Watt and with D Hop having a hammy that he clearly aggravated. Murray limping from that late run. If you noticed on the play where Kirk went the wrong way and slipped on the incompletion on the last drive, he got up limping after that too and was still limping later in the drive. Collins shoulder injury. Edmonds reinjured his shoulder. That's a lot of guys to worry about will they be ok in 10 days. I'd be tempted to sit D Hop against SF but we saw last night how valuable he is.

Also, if you rewatch the last few drives the AJ Green thing something was weird. There's the play where Green running back after a play clearly wants to come out and thinks he is but they tell him to stay in the game. Hop wasn't playing at that point was weird. I think that same drive there's a screen to AJ the same play he scored on earlier in the year by just bullying the DB, here he just goes down without a fight. Then on the 23 yard pass over the middle from the endzone he catches the ball has room to run and instead he ducks his head and falls down? And then the ending of course. Something was wrong with him on the last few drives don't know if physical or mental but he made several weird plays.

And we have to get Rondale going again the punt return was bad, not going after it like he thought if I do they're going to know I touched it? Ran out a KO that he should have downed. On the long pass we got a PI but Kyler was clearly mad at Rondale thought he was going to keep running deep and he didn't. I actually agree with GB there the ball was uncatchable, it was a penalty but it was probably holding or illegal contact, not PI.

We really need Hudson back so we can move Garcia to RG, Josh Jones was a disaster. Bullied around, he caused the first sack of the 2nd half and then he let the man go who rushed Kylers high throw to Rondale that got tipped and picked. He was really bad it was quite clear Kyler was very concerned about protection because of Jones.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Went in without Watt and with D Hop having a hammy that he clearly aggravated. Murray limping from that late run. If you noticed on the play where Kirk went the wrong way and slipped on the incompletion on the last drive, he got up limping after that too and was still limping later in the drive. Collins shoulder injury. Edmonds reinjured his shoulder. That's a lot of guys to worry about will they be ok in 10 days. I'd be tempted to sit D Hop against SF but we saw last night how valuable he is.

Also, if you rewatch the last few drives the AJ Green thing something was weird. There's the play where Green running back after a play clearly wants to come out and thinks he is but they tell him to stay in the game. Hop wasn't playing at that point was weird. I think that same drive there's a screen to AJ the same play he scored on earlier in the year by just bullying the DB, here he just goes down without a fight. Then on the 23 yard pass over the middle from the endzone he catches the ball has room to run and instead he ducks his head and falls down? And then the ending of course. Something was wrong with him on the last few drives don't know if physical or mental but he made several weird plays.

And we have to get Rondale going again the punt return was bad, not going after it like he thought if I do they're going to know I touched it? Ran out a KO that he should have downed. On the long pass we got a PI but Kyler was clearly mad at Rondale thought he was going to keep running deep and he didn't. I actually agree with GB there the ball was uncatchable, it was a penalty but it was probably holding or illegal contact, not PI.

We really need Hudson back so we can move Garcia to RG, Josh Jones was a disaster. Bullied around, he caused the first sack of the 2nd half and then he let the man go who rushed Kylers high throw to Rondale that got tipped and picked. He was really bad it was quite clear Kyler was very concerned about protection because of Jones.

I was wondering the same thing about Green. Seem something wasn't right last night. Saw that he wanted to come put and they had him stay. There was one time I saw him on the sidelines and his face didn't look right. Seemed to be in pain. Hopefully he just had a bad game and we can move forward and upward

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They have to expand the routes he's just being used on screens and end arounds so everyone knows that now and sits on it. We tried to take him deep last night but he broke the route off
Totally agree, I don’t understand why he doesn’t go vertical more often instead of all the sideways / decoy stuff. The guy is fast and can cut on a dime. Feel pretty confident he can run a good route down field

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do have a lot of injuries to work out. Thank goodness we have 10 days to rest

AJ just falling down after the catch on this play and I'm like why?

Coaches need to get Moore to relax and get his thinking straight

It's all mental with him right no

Having an anchor at C like Hudson is invaluable

He stabilizes the entire line and allows KM to relax knowing that protection will be there

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not worried.

I expect Kyler and Hopkins to be full go vs Niners. Hudson will be back. Hopefully Garcia can slide to RG. They didn't put him on IR before the game so doesn't look too serious.

Philips, Lawrence and Peters should be back.

Only question mark is Zaven Collins. He had a shoulder injury before the game and seems to aggravate it. But otherwise I'm not concerned. I expect us to be stronger vs the Niners.

Will be good to have the DL guys back because I expect Niners to try run all over us.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Noticed that also. He was visibly gasping for air on some plays.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noticed that also. He was visibly gasping for air on some plays.

Yeah if you look at the snap counts he played LOTS last night I'm guessing he was just gassed.

Still that last play that's mental not physical

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is getting the Byron Murphy treatment.
I'm not worried long term about Rondale, but I think we need to temper expectations for him a bit.

Like Russ said, teams are expecting those WR screens and they aren't as effective as they were earlier. They look to be too slow developing, and DBs are driving hard on him now.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Gotta love Thursday night football babbbyyyyy!!!

NFL doesn't care about the players that's for sure.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried long term about Rondale, but I think we need to temper expectations for him a bit.

Like Russ said, teams are expecting those WR screens and they aren't as effective as they were earlier. They look to be too slow developing, and DBs are driving hard on him now.

They need to do it where he goes in motion Kyler fakes the screen to him and then he just keeps going like a wheel route. My guess is he'd be wide open if we do that.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They need to do it where he goes in motion Kyler fakes the screen to him and then he just keeps going like a wheel route. My guess is he'd be wide open if we do that.
What I don’t understand is the guy is fast as lightning and they almost never ask him to take the top off the defense. Keep using him as a gadget player.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just goes to show, you can never have enough depth in NFL. If you have holes on your roster they will be exposed at some point because of injuries.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is the guy is fast as lightning and they almost never ask him to take the top off the defense. Keep using him as a gadget player.
You may hate me for saying this but thats exactly why you activate Isabella over Wesley. At least he can do that. They only viewed Kirk as a deep threat.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are making playoffs. Need to get healthy by week 16.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You may hate me for saying this but thats exactly why you activate Isabella over Wesley. At least he can do that. They only viewed Kirk as a deep threat.

AI looks so stiff when he's running routes though. Just terrible.

At least Wesley converted that 4th down. Are we sure AI would have made that play?

What a terrible 2nd round pick that was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave