The Durant Sweepstakes

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of some stuff Windhorst is saying it could be a 3-way involving Utah. Maybe Mitchell could be the all-star Brooklyn is coveting? Bridges and picks to the Jazz who rebuild?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If JJ can bring in KD without trading Mikal or Ayton for him then he deserves the Executive of the Year award again and I'll never question his decision making again.

I don't see that happening but it would be huge if it did.

Imagining a KD trade without giving up Ayton or Bridges just seems unfathomable. It's like wanting a good Indiana Jones sequel. You desperately want it, but you know you're not going to get it.

Ayton
Durant
Bridges
Book
CP3

That might be among the best starting lineups in NBA history.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading between the lines of some stuff Windhorst is saying it could be a 3-way involving Utah. Maybe Mitchell could be the all-star Brooklyn is coveting? Bridges and picks to the Jazz who rebuild?
Mitchell can’t be traded there for same reasons Book and Bam can’t go there…

BEN SIMMONS!!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm calling it now like i said, cp3 will be moved. I'm speculating cp3 wore thin on Ayton and suns prefer to keep Ayton, all this to keep a prime Book happy.

I like you are throwing the deep ball. No risk, no biscuit. I hope you are right.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope we have some free agents in our pocket waiting for this to settle out.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagining a KD trade without giving up Ayton or Bridges just seems unfathomable. It's like wanting a good Indiana Jones sequel. You desperately want it, but you know you're not going to get it.

Ayton
Durant
Bridges
Book
CP3

That might be among the best starting lineups in NBA history.

Crystal Skull was awesome!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the what it is worth category.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Guys on the radio said the same thing last night. Said the talks were progressing and that's the Suns focus right now. The focus part scares me. There might not be anybody left in FA before this resolves.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys on the radio said the same thing last night. Said the talks were progressing and that's the Suns focus right now. The focus part scares me. There might not be anybody left in FA before this resolves.

This is what I'm especially worried about if the Suns do not land Durant.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Donovan Mitchell can not be part of the trade. Same issue as Booker

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure who this guy is:
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That's great news and some good insider info if he is legit. I mean, if the Celtics are not giving up Brown? They don't worry me then. If they were willing to give up Brown? I would be. I am not sure why Utah would be a mystery. Durant wants to win. He isn't doing that in Utah.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Worked for the Lakers in the bubble...
And you don't see that was a special situation that isn't going to happen again?

I'm not saying it can't work by the way, just that it is far from a sure thing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it would be awesome if we get him and keep Mikal
The Suns are really high on him. Honestly, I would be through the roof if we got KD. However, the pragmatic side of me would kick in soon after asking how the hell do we replace all the defense lost with Bridges and Ayton. If JJ pulls this off without getting rid of Bridges?!?!? I will let @cheesebeef fulfill his offer to blow him, then I will give him a pat on the back. We would have so much less to worry about. Ayton can be moved to get the other missing pieces.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing about Bridges is the contract is just outstanding. FiveThirtyEight has his value at about 20 million over his current contract. He's basically being our Draymond

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The biggest thing about Bridges is the contract is just outstanding. FiveThirtyEight has his value at about 20 million over his current contract. He's basically being our Draymond
Everything is awesome about him. His contract, his personality, his durability, his willingness to do whatever the team needs. He is the absolute perfect utility player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance another team could take Simmons? I’ll answer that, no.
Ouchie did his best Lord Of The Darkside last night, trying to fill me with fear that someone might OKC him, but I agree. He going nowhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not worried about free agents. There will be mid season buyouts as always chasing rings.
Yeah, but those guys usually suck.

I really just wish we had even 1 or 2 young guys to develop. Wainright was actually showing some promise, but he is even a free agent right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you don't see that was a special situation that isn't going to happen again?

I'm not saying it can't work by the way, just that it is far from a sure thing.
I don’t think anyone’s saying it’s a sure thing. I just think it’s the only way we continue to contend and another two good years with a crack at it is worth it to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose