The Durant Sweepstakes

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does deserve it's own thread. Hopefully it is a long and happy one that gets bumped during some joyous June in the coming years.

Draftkings has the Suns at -200 to land Durant's services, an overwhelming favorite.

Rumored cost... Ayton, Bridges or Johnson, several draft picks, probably some more filler (Payne Crowder).

Attachments

• 1656650856010.png
    1656650856010.png
    702.4 KB · Views: 8

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It does deserve it's own thread. Hopefully it is a long and happy one that gets bumped during some joyous June in the coming years.

Draftkings has the Suns at -200 to land Durant's services, an overwhelming favorite.

Rumored cost... Ayton, Bridges or Johnson, several draft picks, probably some more filler (Payne Crowder).
Thank you for biting the bullet and starting this. It most definitely deserved it’s own thread.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo responds with what he is hearing as a destination for Kyrie.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can this also be the F ayton thread? Seriously if this guy wouldn’t have played hardball and had any kind of sack instead of clashing with Monty and cp3 we wouldn’t be in this mess.

4 years and 30M is nothing to scoff at. He can re-up when the cap goes up even more when he’s hopefully reached his ceiling.

Does he get boo’d when he plays phoenix?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gambo responds with what he is hearing as a destination for Kyrie.

That would be a bad deal for BKY. They should just ask for us to include Paul in a deal for Durant and Kyrie. Paul is a hell of a better return than a broken Westbrook.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Careful with odds…
-
-

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are a ton of reasons that this is nonsense and that Jake Fischer is making an idiot of himself but the biggest one is that the Nets are literally not allowed to take on Booker's contract... and that was BEFORE the extension. With the freshly signed extension Booker can't be traded anywhere for a while.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot you cant trade him for year now with the supermax

While this is correct in that he can't be traded for 2 more years it's not really the super max that is the issue there. He had 2 years left on his existing deal and added 4 more years to that. A player can't be traded if they have more than 4 seasons left on their contract.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure we needed a separate thread. Especially, if this is done tomorrow……..OK…..wishful thinking.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I like how the media can justify the Lakers getting Kyrie for dumping the worst contract in the NBA (Westbrick) and 2 picks + a scrub. But Phoenix has to trade 3 starters + a 6th man of the year candidate and possibly the best 3 point shooter in the NBA AND 3 1st rd picks for KD? F-that they can have DA + Johnson and filler along with 2 1st with 1 having like top 10 protection. If other
"super stars" can force their way out then KD can also. Does no good to completely gut the team and end up having Book/KD and a bunch of scrubbs in a loaded western conference

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can this also be the F ayton thread? Seriously if this guy wouldn’t have played hardball and had any kind of sack instead of clashing with Monty and cp3 we wouldn’t be in this mess.

4 years and 30M is nothing to scoff at. He can re-up when the cap goes up even more when he’s hopefully reached his ceiling.

I wont boo him but ******** will.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It'll depend on how he handles a potential departure. If he praises the fans and laments the fractured relationship with the team, then he will get a great applause, especially if he helps facilitate getting Durant.

If he craps on the team and rips on Monty then... yeah, they will boo the piss out of him.

Ayton is often too honest, he probably would have gotten his extension last year if he hadn't openly questioned how players motivate themselves on long long contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if he says something that isn't meant to offend anyone but it is the truth, from his perspective, that ticks people off, if he departs. Or maybe it goes the other way and he is way too honest for his new team as he laments leaving a state he's lived in since adolescence and the team that developed him.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, if the Nets resistance to Ayton is legit and not just posturing and they insist on Bridges and Johnson... then I'm keeping Ayton and telling him he's a Sun, enjoy the ride and we can revisit any wish to leave in a year. He is a big softy, I don't see him being toxic in the long term.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we really want to trade half our team and picks away for a 33 year old player that has only played a total of 35 games the last two seasons due to injuries?

(of course, I am glad to have been wrong about the Chris Paul trade, but this seems different)

Would just hate to lose Bridges or any of these guys that have been with us since dominating the bubble. A solid group to keep building on rather than going for the next bright shiny object.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do we really want to trade half our team and picks away for a 33 year old player that has only played a total of 35 games the last two seasons due to injuries?

(of course, I am glad to have been wrong about the Chris Paul trade, but this seems different)

Would just hate to lose Bridges or any of these guys that have been with us since dominating the bubble. A solid group to keep building on rather than going for the next bright shiny object.
Aparently the answer is yes.

But I am with you that it is a huge gamble that we could easily lose.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose