The Disaster Artist

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
97% on RT so far. Might be worth a look!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This looks really good. You can watch scenes from the original on youtube and man it is so incredibly bad I like, HAVE to hear the story behind it. lol

Franco looks like he nailed this one.

The original scene.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this. Caught The Room halfway through one night years ago when I woke up at 3 am and it was randomly playing on Cartoon Network. I felt like it dosed me with acid it was so confusingly awful.

Hearing nothing but great things, but this movie is probably gonna be wayyyyyyy inside baseball for most of the movie-going public.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean, just that opening scene in the above is quite possibly the worst ever written, acted, directed, shot and edited.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I mean, just that opening scene in the above is quite possibly the worst ever written, acted, directed, shot and edited.

He's wearing sunglasses, and she sees him,,,, with his black leather jacket and long flowing black hair and his ????? accent..... Her first response when he takes off the Sunglasses is: "Hey Johnny I didn't know it was you!" #ClarkKent

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Disaster Artist

Release date: December 1, 2017 (limited; wide: Dec. 8)
Studio: A24
Director: James Franco
MPAA Rating: R (for language throughout and some sexuality/nudity)
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Comedy

Starring: James Franco, Dave Franco, Seth Rogen, Zac Efron, Josh Hutcherson, Kate Upton, Ari Graynor, Jacki Weaver, Hannibal Buress, Andrew Santino, Alison Brie, Sharon Stone

Plot Summary: Based on Greg Sestero's best-selling tell-all about the making of Tommy Wiseau's cult–classic disaster piece "The Room" ("The Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made"), "The Disaster Artist" is a hilarious and welcome reminder that there is more than one way to become a legend – and no limit to what you can achieve when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Holy F...I couldn't make it past 60 seconds of that...so incredibly bad lol. They made that movie for $4M, and netted $1K in theaters...lol. Winning!

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Holy F...I couldn't make it past 60 seconds of that...so incredibly bad lol. They made that movie for $4M, and netted $1K in theaters...lol. Winning!
Not to mention, Tommy Wiseau also paid $5K a month to have a billboard promoting his movie that stood on Highland for 5 years. 300K - Ka ching!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was pretty great, but think it all might be a little too inside baseball for most peeps.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
this was pretty great, but think it all might be a little too inside baseball for most peeps.
Do you have to watch The Room in order to get it? It's not out in theaters up here, so can't see it, but been dying to watch it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have to watch The Room in order to get it? It's not out in theaters up here, so can't see it, but been dying to watch it.

I would think you’d need at least a solid idea of just how legendarily bad that movie is to really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave