The Call of the Wild

Release Date: February 21, 2020
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Chris Sanders
MPAA Rating: PG for some violence, peril, thematic elements and mild language
Screenwriter: Michael Green
Genre: Animation, Family

Starring: Harrison Ford, Dan Stevens, Karen Gillan, Cara Gee

Plot Summary: A sled dog struggles for survival in the wilds of the Yukon. Based on the Jack London novel published in 1903.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw it on On Demand. We were taking my gf's 14 year old niece to see it in the theater one weekend but there were concerns about some virus so we decided not to go, boy did that turn out to be a good decision.

But man, what a great movie. It's funny, it's sad, it's exciting. Just the distraction we needed, we've been waiting for it to go from Buy to Rent, it did and we watched it tonight and will watch again tomorrow since it's a 72 hour rental.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just saw it on On Demand. We were taking my gf's 14 year old niece to see it in the theater one weekend but there were concerns about some virus so we decided not to go, boy did that turn out to be a good decision.

But man, what a great movie. It's funny, it's sad, it's exciting. Just the distraction we needed, we've been waiting for it to go from Buy to Rent, it did and we watched it tonight and will watch again tomorrow since it's a 72 hour rental.
Yeah, this was a fun movie. They did a great job on Buck; gave him a lot of emotion.

Each sled dog on Buck's team (besides Spitz) was given the personality of one of the dwarfs from the Disney classic Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937): Dolly is Bashful, Pike is Grumpy, Joe is Happy, Billy is Sleepy, Dave is Dopey, Dub is Sneezy, and Sol-Leks is Doc.

Ha! I didn't notice that!