The Best Way To Improve Our Pass Rush

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dewayne Robertson.

He's big, fast and strong.

That's my bandwagon that I'm on today.

I like T. Suggs but I think that he'll be gone.

Dewayne Robertson in the first round and a center in the second or third.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The thing is that it shouldn't end with Robertson.

#1-Dewayne Robertson-DT
-He's big, fast and would give us on of the most athletic pairs of defensive tackles in football.

#2-Antwann Peek-DE
-Hell yeah he is a situational player but he is fast and gets to the QB. Also with VandenBosch, Wakefield, and Johnson can't we afford a situational player? Sacks are all that matters to us now.

#3-Al Johnson-C (or Doug Gabriel-WR / Tyrone Calico-WR)
-Any of these three guys would help us but my first choice is Johnson because we need to keep our o-line as a strength and it is week at center. A wide receiver would be nice but it is a position that is so weak that unless we get a top player might be futile trying to fill it.

I just do day 1 drafts because anything more is specualtion to the max(as if round 1 isn't unpredictable enough).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chopper0080
The thing is that it shouldn't end with Robertson.

#1-Dewayne Robertson-DT
-He's big, fast and would give us on of the most athletic pairs of defensive tackles in football.

#2-Antwann Peek-DE
-Hell yeah he is a situational player but he is fast and gets to the QB. Also with VandenBosch, Wakefield, and Johnson can't we afford a situational player? Sacks are all that matters to us now.

#3-Al Johnson-C (or Doug Gabriel-WR / Tyrone Calico-WR)
-Any of these three guys would help us but my first choice is Johnson because we need to keep our o-line as a strength and it is week at center. A wide receiver would be nice but it is a position that is so weak that unless we get a top player might be futile trying to fill it.

I just do day 1 drafts because anything more is specualtion to the max(as if round 1 isn't unpredictable enough).

Not a bad idea.

Robertson is my second favorite for our pick.

I don't really agree that receiver is weak, but it is a bit top heavy. After Rogers and Johnson, there are about 6 or 7 guys that could be good players.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I think, he he is available, that Jimmy Kennedy would be a better pick than Robertson. He's massive (330+ pounds!) two-gap style DT, and would immediately improve our run defense, and make life a little easier for Bryant.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that Robertson may also be gone at number 6. I think he is going to make an impact immediately - wherever he goes. As for Peek, he, more that Suggs reminds me of Freeney.

OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I think, he he is available, that Jimmy Kennedy would be a better pick than Robertson. He's massive (330+ pounds!) two-gap style DT, and would immediately improve our run defense, and make life a little easier for Bryant.

One site had Robertson listed at 327. He can play on gap or two gap. He's much faster than Kennedy and he would be effective against the run with Bryant. He would also help out our pass rush with his speed and he would free up the end on his side.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jimmy Kennedy in my opinion, is the victim of inflated expectations. He fits the bill of what teams are looking for in a position of need (DT), but won't ever be worthy of a top ten pick.

I will be disappointed if we select him.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Jimmy Kennedy in my opinion, is the victim of inflated expectations. He fits the bill of what teams are looking for in a position of need (DT), but won't ever be worthy of a top ten pick.

I will be disappointed if we select him.

But damn . . .

if the guy is committed to working his ass off and playing in the nfl, what a force he will be. His situation reminds me a bit of Haynesworth last year. Everyone seemed in awe of his size and natural talent, and then somewhere along the line his work ethic and attitude came into question. Look at him now . . . he sure looked like the "real thing" the latter half of last season. Will this be the case with Kennedy? That's the risk, I guess.

That having been said, Robertson sure is appealing.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
1) Leftwich, Byron, QB, Marshall
2) Calico, Tyrone, WR, Mid Tenn St
3) Williams, Sam, OLB, Fres St
4) Lee, James, DT, Oreg St
5) Stricker, Dan, WR, Vandy
6) Archibald, Ben, OG, Brigham Young
7) Tillman, Charles, CB, Louis-Laf

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
Sorry Jasper, but in the forty-six all the players have to be super talented. We fall a little short in many areas.

Maybe if the NFL lets us play with twelve instead of eleven we could even things out. Could you even imagine the fifty-six D?

:D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: wyh not Mcdougle?

Originally posted by slanidrac16
If he turned out to be this years Dwight Freeney would we care?

Well he doesn't exactly have Dwight Freeney type workout numbers or even college production. He would be a huge reach with the sixth pick and a horrible pick.

With the sixth pick we can potentially grab a dominate player....McDougle is not a dominate player even at the college level. Now if we were picking at number 22+, I would like him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why is everyone on the Dewayne Robertson kick?How many have seen him play?It seems to me that people are basing their judgement on his workout numbers.Yet,alot of people are discounting Suggs bad workout numbers.Another guy i see no reason as to why people are jumping on his bandwagon is Calico.The guy is a project at best and some want him as our #2 draft pick.Calico may be a good 4th round pick.My ideal draft would be 1-Leftwich,2-Rien Long,3-Antwan Peek,and 4-7 the best player available at the time.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it Krang? Or Jordan Gross?

If someone's posted this before - my apologies. But I could swear Krang glommed his avitor photo from a Jordan Gross (T Utah) draft profile page.

OP
OP
earthsci

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Why is everyone on the Dewayne Robertson kick?How many have seen him play?It seems to me that people are basing their judgement on his workout numbers.Yet,alot of people are discounting Suggs bad workout numbers.

I like Suggs CBus and maybe the title to this thread is a little misleading. I just don't think that Suggs will be there when we pick. I would be more than happy if we picked up Suggs, Newman, Robertson, Leftwich, Palmer or, to a slightly lesser extent, Trufant.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn