The Bermuda Triangle

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's what I'm going to start calling Big, Clement, and Hodgins.

Can you imagine how Emmitt (and Marcel) are licking their chops in anticipation of running behind these guys?

I think they will take pancaking to a new level

Also....I can't wait for Oct. 5 when the Cards play in Dallas.
Just to see the reaction of all those felon fans when Emmitt runs out onto the field in Cardinal red.
Ahhhh....such a sweet day that's going to be.
And you KNOW he's going to be juiced.
:D

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr

Can you imagine how Emmitt (and Marcel) are licking their chops in anticipation of running behind these guys?

Just to see the reaction of all those felon fans when Emmitt runs out onto the field in Cardinal red.

Although I don't think it will happen, I REALLY want to see Emmitt post a 200 yard game against Dallas. It would bring a smile to my face for the rest of my life just thinking about it.

Go Cards!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
D*mn Right!

If the Cardinals have any brains. (Which they don't) They will be a smash mouth football team. I don't care if it takes them 20 min. and go 4 yds a clip down the field. They will when some games beating up on smaller Defensive lines, and playing time with time possession.

The only problem with that is the Defensive. Regardless whether or not your talent is there. When you play smashmouth football your offensive has to be very patient and steady. The Defense has to come on the field.....well Lawrence Taylor said it best" Like mad dogs going after meat!"

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
D*mn Right!

If the Cardinals have any brains. (Which they don't) They will be a smash mouth football team. I don't care if it takes them 20 min. and go 4 yds a clip down the field. They will when some games beating up on smaller Defensive lines, and playing time with time possession.

The only problem with that is the Defensive. Regardless whether or not your talent is there. When you play smashmouth football your offensive has to be very patient and steady. The Defense has to come on the field.....well Lawrence Taylor said it best" Like mad dogs going after meat!"

Rug,

Yeah Buddy & great signature & avatar!! LOL

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bermuda Trianlge----I thought that was between Madonna's------------------------Uhhh---never mind. I must be thinking of something else.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tango, only one problem. The tandem with Shelton and Kendall is our best run blocking option. Last year, every big run came on their side.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You know it does not matter where you run.

Kendell, Clement, Davis, Shelton: They are all REALLY big and strong guys.

Granted I am no football guru, but I would jam the ball down teams throats at nauseam. Then play action for a huge bomb and take advantage of Blake's arm.

OP
OP
T

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Tango, only one problem. The tandem with Shelton and Kendall is our best run blocking option. Last year, every big run came on their side.

OK, Skkorp, you are right there, and I defer to you on that.

However, remember Clement got hurt so early he was literally out for the whole season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr

it would be worth getting a big group of us together, buying emmitt cardinals jerseys, and actually GOING to the game. how sweet would THAT be?!? 'course, we'd probably have to hire some muscle and get one of those bulletproof pope-mobiles for tailgating...

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Bermuda Triangle

Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
it would be worth getting a big group of us together, buying emmitt cardinals jerseys, and actually GOING to the game. how sweet would THAT be?!? 'course, we'd probably have to hire some muscle and get one of those bulletproof pope-mobiles for tailgating...
<p>I go to every game. The only time I'm ever scared is when the Cards play Oakland. I'm terrified one of those drunks will fall out of the upperdeck, land on my head and tear my brand new Cardinal jersey. Those things cost a bunch of bucks.:D

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should definately be a smashmouth team. We have a bunch of talented but VERY inexperienced recievers (who i think we be a great reciening group in a couple years) and a qb who is new to the system. We have 2 good runningbacks plus a huge fb. I don't know what the collective weight of our starting OL is (anyone want to look it up and post?) but that is a lot of meat pushing forward. If we run the ball consistantly teams will have to bring the D up to the line which would open up deep passes (our qb's strong point) and deeper routes would be better for our fast inexperienced recievers (they require less thought than short routes through covereage and zones which require thinking and adjustments) and we could have a few big plays. Also teams are trying to copy the bucks and move to smaller, fast players on defense. The one way teams have consistently beatent the Bucs is to run right up the middle. Plus if we have a ball controll offense it will keep our bad defense off the field, especially since the teams in our conference like to throw a lot. I don't know about you but I would like to keep Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Shaun Alexander, Koren Robinson and Terrell Owens off the field as much as possible. 4 games every year we face the leagues best reviever and the best runningback.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson