Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sounds like he was telling Ayton to control what you can control

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just how engaged should he be on June 22nd? Maybe he learned his lesson from last season and doesn't want to say anything because of what people on messages boards will interpret it as.

He sounded super checked out in the playoffs and your kidding yourself if you think Paul cares what fans say on message boards

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2021 playoffs seem so far away. This isn't a max player?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be a terrible experience if Ayton signs an offer sheet with the Pistons. They have nothing to lose and the Suns will be their usual quiet self.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's crazy the Suns are in this mess because they are cheap... cheap... cheap.

What I don’t get even if you signed him last year the money doesn’t kick in till next season

You could have total control over this situation right now and still not paid anymore than you have already paid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don’t get even if you signed him last year the money doesn’t kick in till next season

You could have total control over this situation right now and still not paid anymore than you have already paid.

The same with Jalen Smith. It's the same old theme, penny wise and pound foolish.

The Suns could have easily traded Smith this summer or better yet, keep him.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's crazy the Suns are in this mess because they are cheap... cheap... cheap.

Pretty much how it has always been with Sarver running things. The GMs and other front office guys take the heat... and many of them have been less than competent, for sure... but I 100% guarantee Sarver has been behind all of it, ultimately.

The well known fact of the matter is no one should get into sports franchise ownership with the expectation of making huge profits on a year to year basis. Everyone knows you only really make a big profit when you eventually sell off your ownership. If you are trying to maintain some type of profit margin on a regular/annual basis in sports franchise ownership, you have picked the wrong line of investment. You are inevitably going to lose money doing that and still trying to maintain any level of success.

Many of the guys who get into ownership recognize that and do it just for the ego satisfaction. Some, like Sarver, try to have it both ways and thus end up failing completely.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed, PHX was willing to do 4 years last year which will work in their favor this year as any team except PHX can only offer a 4 year max, so teams feel PHX will match.

I also imagine Jones is asking for a king's ransom which should be the case. My starting point would be a young star and picks. For example, Wendell Carter and the #1 overall pick.

It's beginning to feel that way.
Yup & I wish it was Chris Paul that the Suns was sending out & trading away. CP3 has history of being overbearing. And Booker may have been influenced by him. Booker & Ayton for the future could be so much more than Booker & CP3.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the sounds of Atlanta radio today? They claim to be hearing from the organization they are “out” in terms of Ayton. Sounded like to me that they were entertaining the idea but didn’t expect any serious talk about Ayton.

Sounds like to me the possibilities are dwindling for Ayton. Also, I read earlier that Ayton’s camp expressed interest in Detroit which seems to line up.

Unless the Suns can get a 3 team trade going? Maybe Ayton is staying?!?

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup & I wish it was Chris Paul that the Suns was sending out & trading away. CP3 has history of being overbearing. And Booker may have been influenced by him. Booker & Ayton for the future could be so much more than Booker & CP3.

Yeah, the Suns should already have the PGOTF in the organization.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Suns should already have the PGOTF in the organization.

Why? We had no NBA quality PG not long ago and have an All NBA PG now. It would be nice to have a PGOTF but if we somehow stumbled into one since acquiring CP3 then he would have been dealt to bolster other parts of the rotation.

Having a PGotF is a luxury, one that few teams have, especially contenders. Suns fans have been spoiled by having virtually every HoF PG over the last 30 years pass through the organization at some point. We went from KJ to Kidd to Marbury to Nash to Dragic to Bledsoe to CP3. I can't think of another teams that's had as much talent at PG as Phoenix in the last 35 years. Maybe the Mavericks are the closest since they also had Kidd, Nash, and now Luka.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Language. Yes, I'm a stickler for that even though it is one word.

It happens. Even Forest Gump knew that. :cool:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? We had no NBA quality PG not long ago and have an All NBA PG now. It would be nice to have a PGOTF but if we somehow stumbled into one since acquiring CP3 then he would have been dealt to bolster other parts of the rotation.

Having a PGotF is a luxury, one that few teams have, especially contenders. Suns fans have been spoiled by having virtually every HoF PG over the last 30 years pass through the organization at some point. We went from KJ to Kidd to Marbury to Nash to Dragic to Bledsoe to CP3. I can't think of another teams that's had as much talent at PG as Phoenix in the last 35 years. Maybe the Mavericks are the closest since they also had Kidd, Nash, and now Luka.

Chris Paul is 37 and prone to injury. Those who do not plan, plan to fail. I remember the point guard drought before Ricky Rubio.

The Mavericks had three point guards this past season capable of starting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is 37 and prone to injury. Those who do not plan, plan to fail. I remember the point guard drought before Ricky Rubio.

The Mavericks had three point guards this past season capable of starting.

And the Suns have 2 PG's capable of starting. Cam Payne was a solid starter when he filled in for CP3. Unfortunately he struggled later in the season getting accustomed to coming off the bench again but the Suns have 2 good PG's. Payne isn't the answer long term but he's fine now as a backup or occasional starter.

We need shot creators outside of the PG position more than another PG. That was our biggest flaw. Outside of Paul, Payne, and Booker there wasn't anyone who score consistently by creating their own offense.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some team/agent signaling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Suns have 2 PG's capable of starting. Cam Payne was a solid starter when he filled in for CP3. Unfortunately he struggled later in the season getting accustomed to coming off the bench again but the Suns have 2 good PG's. Payne isn't the answer long term but he's fine now as a backup or occasional starter.

We need shot creators outside of the PG position more than another PG. That was our biggest flaw. Outside of Paul, Payne, and Booker there wasn't anyone who score consistently by creating their own offense.

We can agree the Suns need shot creators the most.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the Suns back up point guards who likely will be forced into starting in a number of games next season either due to injury or to rest Chris Paul. Suns need someone besides Payne who can start when necessary, also better than Payton and Holiday.

It would be nice if Iffe turned into that player but that may be a long shot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cam Payne can't start in this league. If Cam Payne is your day to day starter you are not making the playoffs. Guys are paid to fill in small gaps when other guys are out. That's the MOST you can expect a guy like Cam Payne to do. He will never be a day to day starter on a playoff team.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton did not make it to the softball game. Interesting considering McGee is a FA and Ayton is part of the team LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose