The Ayton Plan

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No he said "the Suns HAVE a unique opportunity" then doubled down suggesting the Suns are currently in the right place at the right time. As if the opportunity exists right now. Some speculate it's KD. However, even Shams is hearing their is a posibility KD could stay. So, this opportunity the Suns "have" and are currently in position for can't be KD. Flex didn't say "maybe" or "might". He said "have". But let's say it happens. The "Flexers" will just fill in the blanks to say it was KD all along. That's what Flex does. LOL.

Shams has a much better track record than Flex.

Um, what do you think an opportunity is? It's not a sure thing. Otherwise he would have said, "The Suns are going to get a superstar".

Are you really arguing semantics and Flex? Come on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, what do you think an opportunity is? It's not a sure thing. Otherwise he would have said, "The Suns are going to get a superstar".

Are you really arguing semantics and Flex? Come on.
An opportunity means it's something that can happen right now. It's not a possibility yet because KD has not decided. It seems to hinge on Kyrie. By this logic, the Suns have an opportunity to get LeBron too. Not really arguing semantics but pointing out Flex's skill at generalities and gaslighting. It leaves wiggle room for his "Flexers" to always fill in the blanks and make him right because he is so general. It's smart. I give him credit.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
An opportunity means it's something that can happen right now. It's not a possibility yet because KD has not decided. It seems to hinge on Kyrie. By this logic, the Suns have an opportunity to get LeBron too. Not really arguing semantics but pointing out Flex's skill at generalities and gaslighting. It leaves wiggle room for his "Flexers" to always fill in the blanks and make him right because he is so general. It's smart. I give him credit.
I'm not disagreeing about it being KD or not, I could care less about that. I'm disagreeing that his tweet implied that we are definitely getting a superstar.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing about it being KD or not, I could care less about that. I'm disagreeing that his tweet implied that we are definitely getting a superstar.
I am not saying that either. I am saying this Tweet said we "Have" the opportunity (definition is to possess, own, or hold.) and are currently in the right place at the right time. I am suggesting that it's typical Flex being generic so people can fill in the blanks after. I am suggesting if it doesn't happen he will simply say...oh it fell through in typical Flex fashion. His Flexers will think he is right because he was so generic no matter who we land (assuming we get a Superstar).

Just watch. Calling it now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No freaking way. I would give up Ayton/Cam J. Including Bridges? No.
If you’re willing to easily send away Ayton but hard pass on including Bridges to get Durant, then your franchise deserves mediocrity. Mikal is not the reason this team was a title contender the past two seasons, but his perceived value is enough to move the meter in a deal

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re willing to easily send away Ayton but hard pass on including Bridges to get Durant, then your franchise deserves mediocrity. Mikal is not the reason this team was a title contender the past two seasons, but his perceived value is enough to move the meter in a deal
I never said I wanted to move Ayton. I have said from day one that there is no way we should, unless it's a 3 team deal and we are shoring up multiple positions (getting close to fair value). So adding Bridges on top of Ayton? IMO would massively downgrade us on the defensive end which is a major reason we played so well this year.

TJ

Reaction score
I never said I wanted to move Ayton. I have said from day one that there is no way we should, unless it's a 3 team deal and we are shoring up multiple positions (getting close to fair value). So adding Bridges on top of Ayton? IMO would massively downgrade us on the defensive end which is a major reason we played so well this year.
If Nets simply asked for Ayton and Mikal for Durant, I’d pack for both of them and fly them to Brooklyn myself.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Nets simply asked for Ayton and Mikal for Durant, I’d pack for both of them and fly them to Brooklyn myself.
Fair enough. Not me. The thought of Cam J playing PF and how our defense turns out would be beyond scary.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Assuming he gets traded, does everyone think aytons numbers improve on another team or stay about the same?

I see the recent improvements in his game and at the same time a system that allows him to get some easy baskets with effort. If you feel like he will improve by leaps and bounds, you can’t let him go. If it seems he might stay the same then a shakeup is probably worth exploring even if your offensive strategy changes.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Assuming he gets traded, does everyone think aytons numbers improve on another team or stay about the same?

I see the recent improvements in his game and at the same time a system that allows him to get some easy baskets with effort. If you feel like he will improve by leaps and bounds, you can’t let him go. If it seems he might stay the same then a shakeup is probably worth exploring even if your offensive strategy changes.
I see bust, i dont think DA has the hype from GMs that the media depict. I see Detroit has already moved on, same with Portland and ATL. DA plays like someone who only plays because he is 7ft and athletic, his desire and effort is lacking. Amare was a beast with bad knees, Barkley was a natural that should have physically took better care of himself. But effort and desire was always there. DA i dont think has a competitive bone is his body

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to keep Ayton. But if he leaves, I think his numbers improve but not to absolute superstar level, and in a few years his deal might look okay in a new CBA.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see bust, i dont think DA has the hype from GMs that the media depict. I see Detroit has already moved on, same with Portland and ATL. DA plays like someone who only plays because he is 7ft and athletic, his desire and effort is lacking. Amare was a beast with bad knees, Barkley was a natural that should have physically took better care of himself. But effort and desire was always there. DA i dont think has a competitive bone is his body
I don't get how you see "bust"? Is he a disappointment? Some nights, yeah. But all told he's (at worst) a top 50 player right now with huge untapped potential. That typically gets a high draft pick a max extension on his rookie contract. If he improves, great. And if he doesn't, his floor is close enough to max to justify the risk.

IMO, there's only one reason to not give DA the max and that's if the people who see him regularly are absolutely convinced he'll become even less focused once he receives his big payday. If we give him what he wants, even if he only maintains his current level of intensity and performance, the upcoming TV deal will soon make his contract look reasonable anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Ayton's stats improve if he is traded to a less talented team like the Pistons. That's what generally happens. I do think Ayton will continue to get better. How much I'm not sure but a player of his caliber is not easily replaced.

However, if Ayton leaves and the Suns do not get a return close to equitable, they will be a lesser team.

Seldom do sign-and-trades return comparable value.

TJ

Reaction score
I think as Flex indicated it would be a multi team trade like we would send Ayton and pieces to San Antonio for the +9 pick and Vassell and Poeltel which then get sent to Nets with maybe additional picks etc. I don't think we would part with Bridges well at least I freaking hope we won't but we might lose Cam Johnson.
Flex is as accurate as Shaq is with free throws.

TJ

Reaction score

At UofA, Sean Miller would award a gold practice jersey to the hardest worker in practice that week. Ayton had that jersey from week 1 of practices to around the middle of conference play. That team had Alonzo Trier, who’s a complete basketball junky, and Miller practices were rough

Ayton’s silly and immature, but The notion that he is lazy and uncompetitive is dumb.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At UofA, Sean Miller would award a gold practice jersey to the hardest worker in practice that week. Ayton had that jersey from week 1 of practices to around the middle of conference play. That team had Alonzo Trier, who’s a complete basketball junky, and Miller practices were rough

Ayton’s silly and immature, but The notion that he is lazy and uncompetitive is dumb.

So did he stop working hard once he knew a big payday was in his future? The timing of when he lost that and when he seemed to be a lock as the top college prospect is coincidental.

He is also on record asking how players stay motivated after getting their first big contract. The questions of his work ethic isn't something that's been created from nothing..

TJ

Reaction score
So did he stop working hard once he knew a big payday was in his future? The timing of when he lost that and when he seemed to be a lock as the top college prospect is coincidental.
Who said he stopped working hard? Because he plays video games? He doesn’t become as athletic as he is by sitting on a couch eating French fries.

Ayton’s struggles are more mental. He needs to trust himself

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything to indicate Ayton doesn't have a strong work ethic other than he likes to play video games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I’ve never thought Ayton was really lazy. Driven competitively? I question that. Driven by money? He’s very clearly stated that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson