The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think to your points the keys to the first round will be the wings. If Mikal can contain PG while still looking for his offense and Cam J/Crowder are hitting threes, I think we either sweep or win in 5.

If they’re not on I could see the series going 6. Tough matchup but it’ll give us a good gauge as we go through this journey.

I don't like the idea of our wings always having to out play their wings. Suns have to figure out a way to get the ball to Ayton if they play the Clippers. They clog the lane as well as any team I've seen. KAT found that out.

Playing a forward oriented team with length is a difficult opponent for the Suns plus the Clippers can shoot. Also Zubac poses more than his fair share of problems. I wish the Suns didn't have to play the Clippers in the 1st round.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch the first few minutes of the Wolves game and just focus on Beverly. He throws his shoulder into any big man he comes near in a completely non basketball way.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch the first few minutes of the Wolves game and just focus on Beverly. He throws his shoulder into any big man he comes near in a completely non basketball way.
Yeah he's far worse than Bowen ever was and the league just continues to turn a blind eye to it. But Silver is convinced that the paying public want more physicality so until he kills someone we're apparently stuck with it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I hate about Beverly is that the commentator praise his “toughness” all game long. It’s crap. It’s not tough. He’s a dangerous, cheap shot artist.
Again, so happy the T-wolves won. The Clippers may be a tougher series (if they win the next game), but you just know Beverly would try to hurt CP3 and Book

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, so happy the T-wolves won. The Clippers may be a tougher series (if they win the next game), but you just know Beverly would try to hurt CP3 and Book
Careful what you wish for here. If we’re not back to being the machine we were pre-clinching, I fear some real uncomfortable moments in a Clippers series.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for here. If we’re not back to being the machine we were pre-clinching, I fear some real uncomfortable moments in a Clippers series.
Oh, I understand that. The Clippers will be an overall tougher opponent. But a better chance, IMHO of making it out healthy against them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What I hate about Beverly is that the commentator praise his “toughness” all game long. It’s crap. It’s not tough. He’s a dangerous, cheap shot artist.

I’ll disagree that he’s not tough. He’s a great defender/rebounder for his size but he’s also a complete **** head. I’m happy we aren’t facing him cause he would take cheap shots at our guys but I’d probably root for him if he was a Sun.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll disagree that he’s not tough. He’s a great defender/rebounder for his size but he’s also a complete **** head. I’m happy we aren’t facing him cause he would take cheap shots at our guys but I’d probably root for him if he was a Sun.
Not me. He is just plain bad for basketball period.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, he does it twice in the first 15 seconds or so. Completely off basketball, not jockeying for position, just goes over to the big guy and throws his shoulder into him. That should be a tech.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Great that we don't have to face Beverley. But we might very well have to face Marcus Morris. Ugh.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morris is a prick and Jackson has been known to be a punk too. Mann has been a thorn in our side at times. Not to mention I think Leonard makes an appearance which makes them a different team if healthy. Look if the Clippers are really that good (with Leonard) we were going to have to face them sooner or later.

Bring on whomever. The Suns have to beat the best in the West to return anyway.

I will be at Game 1 on Sunday. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morris is a prick and Jackson has been known to be a punk too. Mann has been a thorn in our side at times. Not to mention I think Leonard makes an appearance which makes them a different team if healthy. Look if the Clippers are really that good (with Leonard) we were going to have to face them sooner or later.

Bring on whomever. The Suns have to beat the best in the West to return anyway.

I will be at Game 1 on Sunday. Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I agree with you on all this except, no, I don't think Kawhi shows up healthy. But that brings up another subject regarding gambling and full disclosure on health and availability. Silver is playing a dangerous game here. He needs to require teams to release full status on all players. Someone like Kawhi can't play a game in the postseason without a few others having prior knowledge and a huge gambling advantage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What's sad is Beverley could be a good defender without the dirty play. That makes me dislike him even more.

He makes a case for the NBA to bring back enforcers who would put him on his butt when he gets out of line.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on all this except, no, I don't think Kawhi shows up healthy. But that brings up another subject regarding gambling and full disclosure on health and availability. Silver is playing a dangerous game here. He needs to require teams to release full status on all players. Someone like Kawhi can't play a game in the postseason without a few others having prior knowledge and a huge gambling advantage.
Which is why I would rather face the Clippers now. If we were to meet later in the playoffs? I think there would be a chance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ty Lou also takes Monty to school every time

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And a total front runner

Yep, if the Wolves had been down 10 late he would have been diving through knees, crying non stop to the refs and topped it off with an ejection.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yawn Hawks/Hornets.
One of them may have more that 20 pts this quarter