Who do we take?

Go Lakers !!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaVar is a tool of epic proportion.

Lonzo is a sick player. He'll probably be a Laker.

LaVar is going to find a way to ruin my enjoyment of the game, though. Guaranteed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that you guys are getting Lonzo but love that you're getting Levar.

He's a stud, and is well worth your pick, but good God... Levar is a disaster of biblical proportions.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report: Lakers' front office in disagreement about drafting Ball

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...drafting-ball/ar-BBCbSRx?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Lonzo Ball being drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers is apparently still not a done deal. While that report is not new, there are "some genuine disagreements" in the Lakers' front office over who the team should select, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

The organization is also going out of its way to stifle the idea that Ball is a lock for them, Ford reports.

While conventional wisdom for months has linked Chino Hills native and UCLA product Ball with his hometown purple and gold, the Lakers are believed to still have interest in De'Aaron Fox and Josh Jackson with the No. 2 pick in the June 22 draft. While both Ball and his father LaVar have plainly stated a preference for the Lakers, a report last month suggested they were open to working out for the Philadelphia 76ers, who select third.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Aaaron? really? How many A's do you need?

/got nothin'

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers trade D’Angelo Russell, Timofey Mozgov to Nets for Brook Lopez, 27th pick

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lakers-trade-d-angelo-223234408.html

The Lakers were looking to unload the Timofey Mozgov mistake they made last summer and start to clear out cap space for a push next summer.

The Brooklyn Nets were looking to move the expiring contract of Brook Lopez — and his quality offensive big man play — for a promising young player. Say, for example, D'Angelo Russell.

Those two sides have reached an agreement, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Lakers now have the No. 2, 27, and 28 pick in the first round (28th was Houston’s they got in the Lou Williams trade). Expect them to try and use those picks in a deal to get Paul George (throwing in Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson), something Marc Stein of ESPN noted, but I doubt that’s enough.

As noted, for the Lakers this move is about clearing the way for Lonzo Ball, and to clear cap space in 2018 to chase LeBron James and, sign/re-sign Paul George. It’s a smart play by the Magic/Pelinka front office that could have the Lakers as a contender in 2018-19 if the dominos all fall, but the price is fairly high because Russell has potential.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win Summer League Championship. Kuzma championship game MVP with second 30 pt game and shot close to 50% from 3. Ball named SL MVP, didn't play in championship game. Nor did Ingram.

Ball looking like the best vision PG since Magic. Can get to the rack with ease.

Haters are back.

Things are good.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Ok boys..I decided not to post in the regular Cardinals forum because anything I say will be considered inflamatory. I won't insult your intelligence by saying this was a good game, just simply a passing of the torch in the NFC West. It sucks for you that your season is reduced to looking at the 2018 Draft, which I know all too well. Sorry about Carson, but I think we all know a new QB is in your future next year, cause Stanton ain't it. Cheers.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Lakers seemed to run out of gas vs. Toronto tonight. Lonzo did nothing in the 4th. Their box score was reminiscent of the Suns the last couple of years, lots of TOs and poor 3pt shooting. Zubac hasn't played at all this year but he's listed in the box=score so he likely isn't injured... he's a good player so it's kind of puzzling... it's not like Lopez is lighting it up. It looks like they are using Randle to back up Brook.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok boys..I decided not to post in the regular Cardinals forum because anything I say will be considered inflamatory. I won't insult your intelligence by saying this was a good game, just simply a passing of the torch in the NFC West. It sucks for you that your season is reduced to looking at the 2018 Draft, which I know all too well. Sorry about Carson, but I think we all know a new QB is in your future next year, cause Stanton ain't it. Cheers.

A passing of what torch? A good season for the Lambs is all that I see to this point. LA sucks and so do the Lambs and the Lakers.

The passing of a torch in the middle of a season when you haven't had a winning one in 100 years??? Get the blank out of here and enjoy the down year for us and Seattle it might be your last chance at it for another 100 years.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Lonzo Ball beating up on future UPS Delivery drivers and Laker fans cream their pants.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Great words by Reggie Miller. LaVar is an idiot.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still cannot believe the Lakers drafted this guy's kid. UGH. He is a walking talking embarrassment.

LaVar Ball: Lonzo won’t re-sign with Lakers unless they sign his brothers too

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...-brothers-too/ar-BBJ3jjw?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

LaVar Ball made a controversial decision when he decided to pull his youngest son LaMelo out of high school and have his middle son LiAngelo withdraw from UCLA, but the Ball patriarch apparently believes he knows a way he can make sure all three players end up with the Los Angeles Lakers.

While speaking with Lithuanian basketball reporter Donatas Urbonas this week, Ball basically said he is planning to force the Lakers to draft and/or sign both LiAngelo and LaMelo by using Lonzo as leverage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose