Terrell Suggs needs to give Dwight Freeney a big hug...

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and about 4 million of his signing bonus. Terrell Suggs is a lucky man. If he would have been in last years draft of in previous years drafts, teams would never have considered him a top 3 pick, but thanks to Dwight Freeney's impact rookie season he is now a hot commodity.

Compare Freeney to Suggs and they are virtually identical. Suggs weighs 262 (yeah right, I'll bet he weighs quite a bit less today when he runs his 40 yd. dash), and Dwight Freeney weighed 260 ( again an inflated number). Freeney actually is faster in the 40 (4.49 to Suggs estimated 4.65). Both were extremely productive in college.

Any bet on where Terrell Suggs would have been drafted last year or where he would be drafted this year if Dwight Freeney would have been a flop? I am not making any guarantees like a few others on this board, but I would venture to say he would not be considered a top 3 selection. Last year many were ripping the Colts for "reaching" for a guy like Freeney even though Freeney broke the single season sack record. The Sporting News 2002 draft guide mentions that some team will reach for Freeney, but he wasn't really first round material because he was too one dimensional.

Is Terrell Suggs a perfect match for the Cards? Sure sounds pretty good, but thanks to Dwight Freeney the Cards most likely will have to trade up to get him.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is one giant difference in the 2 players......height and reach.

Freeney is 6'0" and has a 31" sleeve. Suggs is over 6'4" and has a wingspan of over 80 inches (remember simeon rice's exceptionally long arms?)

The skepticism about Freeney was based on his height, not his weight or production. If Freeney was 6'4" he would have been a top 10 pick too.

OP
OP
Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6'4"?????? The Sporting News has combine heights and weights and Suggs is listed at 6'2". There is no way Terrell Suggs is 6'4". Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Holian
6'4"?????? The Sporting News has combine heights and weights and Suggs is listed at 6'2". There is no way Terrell Suggs is 6'4". Sorry to burst your bubble.

I've never seen him listed at 6'2". If that's the truth, then I'm wrong. ASU called Suggs 6'4", 252 for last season.

Whatever your problem is with me that causes you to be sarcastic all the time is, I wish you'd get over it.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suggs, Terrell Arizona State 6-3 3/8 262

Official combine numbers from the pro scouting organization that runs the Combine.

Call it 6' 3 and a half. Guess we're both wrong.

Ed B

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Freeney Dwight Syracuse 6'0 7/8 267

From last year

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Clayton said on ESPN last night, that if Suggs runs a 4.6 in his workout, Lewis will consider him for the #1 pick.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B

Official combine numbers from the pro scouting organization that runs the Combine.

Shockley, Ken Washington State 5'11" 3/4 313lbs
40 yrd dash: 6.89
Shuttle: 28.9
225 benchpress: 4 reps
Wunderlich: 3 (He beat Rice for lowest ever score!)

If I'm passed over again in this years draft I'm FIRING my agent! I've waited over 13 years to hear my name called dammit!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ketchum, Brandon-DE, Edinboro University of PA (spring ball one season)-Grad School-soon to be Mary Baldwin College, no football team, all-girls school (save for my major :thumbup:

40-Probably around 5.5 right now
Shuttle? Never ran no stinking shuttle!
225 Bench-Probably 10-15 reps

6'3, 285 lbs, good run-stuffer, adequate pass-rusher (at least a couple of years ago.

Major injury concerns

Arizona, here I come, here I come, here I come!!! 7th round baby!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B

I was just about to interject that you were both wrong, and that Suggs was 6'3....:D

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Ketchum, Brandon-DE, Edinboro University of PA (spring ball one season)-Grad School-soon to be Mary Baldwin College, no football team, all-girls school (save for my major :thumbup:

6'3, 285 lbs, good run-stuffer, adequate pass-rusher (at least a couple of years ago.

Major injury concerns

If only there were scrums in the big league!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8

Major injury concerns

So...you are going down to Staunton Virginia, huh? YOu are foloowing my footsteps rapidly my kid

Stout

Reaction score
Originally posted by maddogkf
So...you are going down to Staunton Virginia, huh? YOu are foloowing my footsteps rapidly my kid

Only because certain other universities don't consider a 3.82 GPA, Suma Cum Laude, Honors Degree, with an internship with the PA Governor's Office enough to give me a chance at a PhD in Poli Sci. So I said screw 'em, I'm going to get a degree in something fun and get a Masters of Litt in Shakespearean Studies. Useless, probably, but fun.

So what did you do in Staunton, Maddog?

Stout

Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
If only there were scrums in the big league!

No no NO!!! NO MORE RUGBY!!! That is where the 'major injury concerns', which should read, 'never able to play organized sports again' is from!!!

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
So what did you do in Staunton, Maddog?

When I was living in DC, I worked as an estimator for an insurance company for natural disaster claims.

I spent about 2 months in the Staunton/Waynesboro/Roanoke area.

Not much of a night life!!!!

Although, the female talent wasn't -that- bad at MBC.

Good luck.....after Virginia, all you need to do is move to AZ & you would've completed the tour!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson