Target JACKSON

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was almost certain they'd take Bender if he was there at #4.

I do remember an awful lot of talk about Chriss. So much so that I scouted some extra film on him last year just to get a firmer take on him. I must have been hearing it from Gambo. There was almost zero chance of him being there at #13. They would've taken him at #4 but wisely targeted him at #8 and traded up to get him.

Gambo has a lot of short comings, but one thing he seems to nail is who our teams like in the draft. He's almost too good for our own good as other teams are probably keying in on what he's saying and using it against us (see 2017 NFL draft).

Edit: I'm new here, so can someone please explain to me why Goran Dragic is the player in the upper right hand corner of this page. It's been 2 1/2 years.

Thank you for that. I was curious how he was with the draft, I know he's ok with free agency but it seems like he's been out of the loop on trades since McD has been the GM.

As for the Dragic thing, your guess is as good as anyones regarding while he's still up there.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Nope. No one can explain the Dragic thing.

Yeah I don't get it. If you want to look like an old, dead forum, having a picture of Goran Dragic in the header will do it.

The Dbacks forum might be even worse with Montero and .... Wade Miley.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do you or anyone else for that matter, know who Gambo was saying the Suns would draft last year? I seem to recall him saying the Suns had ruled out Bender but I could be thinking of someone else.

He said that they would take Bender and that they had a dream scenario of trading back into the 1st to take Chriss. That they wanted both.

Literally the morning of the draft.

Gambo is like Sarver's buddy. They have dinner together and stuff.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a request on the admin forum to change Dragic for Booker. I will keep trying

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put a request on the admin forum to change Dragic for Booker. I will keep trying

I'm all for Booker being up there but maybe it'd be best to put someone like Nash up there so it'll stay relevant. Nash is arguably the best Suns player ever, top 5 without a doubt, and there's no question of whether or not he stays with the team in free agency or gets traded.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm all for Booker being up there but maybe it'd be best to put someone like Nash up there so it'll stay relevant. Nash is arguably the best Suns player ever, top 5 without a doubt, and there's no question of whether or not he stays with the team in free agency or gets traded.

Truthfully, since ASFN is reluctant to want to change things maybe they should all be ex suns players (all retired) up there. Then it wouldn't seem so strange and it would be kinda timeless.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Truthfully, since ASFN is reluctant to want to change things maybe they should all be ex suns players (all retired) up there. Then it wouldn't seem so strange and it would be kinda timeless.

I think something like Nash, Barkley, Connie Hawkins, and Cotton would be timeless. That's 3 franchise players from different decades and the most respected coach in Suns history. Those 4 would be on my Suns version of Mt Rushmore.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know what's sad? It's difficult to find one of the best Suns players who spent his entirety career with the Suns. I wasn't trying to think of one to it up there but here are the ones I came up with:

KJ - no
Majerle - no
Walter Davis - no
BArkley - no
NAsh - no
Marion - no
AMare - no
Kidd - no
Westy - no

So are we stuck with alvin adams?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhere we need to add Antonio McDyess. :rolleyes:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think something like Nash, Barkley, Connie Hawkins, and Cotton would be timeless. That's 3 franchise players from different decades and the most respected coach in Suns history. Those 4 would be on my Suns version of Mt Rushmore.

It's hard to leave off Kevin Johnson and Tom Chambers though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm thinking Joe Crispin, Mario Bennett, Dan Langhi, and Jerrod Mustaf.

Danny Schayes, Jake Tsakalidis, Joe Kleine, and Pat Burke. Embrace the history of the Suns having the worst Centers in the league year in and out up until the Shaq trade. Hasn't been great at that position since but at least we've kept NBA quality centers on the roster for the last 6-7 years.

You know what's sad? It's difficult to find one of the best Suns players who spent his entirety career with the Suns. I wasn't trying to think of one to it up there but here are the ones I came up with:

KJ - no
Majerle - no
Walter Davis - no
BArkley - no
NAsh - no
Marion - no
AMare - no
Kidd - no
Westy - no

So are we stuck with alvin adams?

That's interesting and a bit disappointing that Alvin Adams is the only player who was above average that played their entire career here. I think KJ is the closest since he didn't go anywhere else after he arrived. He started his rookie season in Cleveland but he finished it in Phoenix and spent the remainder of his career here. Very few players have retired with Phoenix when you look back though.

I was trying to think of other talent that were All Stars or borderline All Stars who came to Phoenix while they were productive and played out their career here and can't think of any that fit that bill either. From all of the big acquisitions though we haven't kept anyone up until they retire. All of the big signings in the 90's like Danny Manning, Tom Gugliotta, Tom Chambers, Barkley, AC Green, Ceballos, Waymon Tisdale, etc. Even more recently with the likes of Grant Hill, Shaq, or Nash, no one finishes their career here in Phoenix. Danny Ainge was the only player I could think of who retired here that was a borderline big name elsewhere.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Danny Schayes, Jake Tsakalidis, Joe Kleine, and Pat Burke. Embrace the history of the Suns having the worst Centers in the league year in and out up until the Shaq trade. Hasn't been great at that position since but at least we've kept NBA quality centers on the roster for the last 6-7 years.

That's interesting and a bit disappointing that Alvin Adams is the only player who was above average that played their entire career here. I think KJ is the closest since he didn't go anywhere else after he arrived. He started his rookie season in Cleveland but he finished it in Phoenix and spent the remainder of his career here. Very few players have retired with Phoenix when you look back though.

I was trying to think of other talent that were All Stars or borderline All Stars who came to Phoenix while they were productive and played out their career here and can't think of any that fit that bill either. From all of the big acquisitions though we haven't kept anyone up until they retire. All of the big signings in the 90's like Danny Manning, Tom Gugliotta, Tom Chambers, Barkley, AC Green, Ceballos, Waymon Tisdale, etc. Even more recently with the likes of Grant Hill, Shaq, or Nash, no one finishes their career here in Phoenix. Danny Ainge was the only player I could think of who retired here that was a borderline big name elsewhere.
That's why, when it comes down to it, I think I choose KJ. He was a Suns icon.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was very annoyed by Jacksons dig at Fultz. Was immature and childish. We already have a super young team, we dont need to add any more babies.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I was very annoyed by Jacksons dig at Fultz. Was immature and childish. We already have a super young team, we dont need to add any more babies.

This is the kind of crap you get with 19 year olds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap you get with 19 year olds.
Yeah. I laugh at any of you expecting maturity. They get paid as adult millionaires but these are kids. They're going to say stupid stuff. You just hope and expect them to learn and grow from it. Violence is a different story. You have to know better at a younger age.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yeah. I laugh at any of you expecting maturity. They get paid as adult millionaires but these are kids. They're going to say stupid stuff. You just hope and expect them to learn and grow from it. Violence is a different story. You have to know better at a younger age.

Exactly. They need to make a rule that you can't give an interview until you're 21.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I must have missed that. What happened?

He said anybody can be good on a bad team. Trying to say Fultz dominance didnt matter because his team sucked.

Not only is that an immature, uncalled for swipe, but its also some moron logic. Fitz was on terrible teams 90% of his career, does that makes him any less of a HOF player? What a *******.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said anybody can be good on a bad team. Trying to say Fultz dominance didnt matter because his team sucked.

Not only is that an immature, uncalled for swipe, but its also some moron logic. Fitz was on terrible teams 90% of his career, does that makes him any less of a HOF player? What a *******.
Even though there is an element of truth (I am ducking away now)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave