Super Size Me!

Djaughe

Reaction score
[url]http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/supersize_me.html[/url]http://trailer/

I dunno if this movie has been discussed on this board (search didn't reveal anything)...But I gotta recommend this documentary. Its available now as a rental.

A fellow named morgan spurlock decides to document a month of eating nothing but McDonald's food....I have to say the results were pretty shocking about the health effects and fast food in general and even the school system in general.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious movie.

:barf:

Man, his doctors were so pissed at him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I always got a good laugh out of the premise of this film. Hmmm...eating all of the bad stuff at a fast food place for every meal is not good for you?! :shock: :doi:

We always felt that an opposing viewpoint could just as easily be shown by a filmmaker going to a fast food place for 30 days and eating more healthy choices (salads, etc). :|

We've still got to check out Super Size Me, but we do know that the main guy's girlfriend is a huge vegetarian (anti-meat protestor, etc). It's no wonder they tried to do all they could to put a black eye on the golden arches.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was great. What made it so entertaining was that the filmaker was so likeable.

I still eat at McD's and love it.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
My wife and I always got a good laugh out of the premise of this film. Hmmm...eating all of the bad stuff at a fast food place for every meal is not good for you?! :shock: :doi:

We always felt that an opposing viewpoint could just as easily be shown by a filmmaker going to a fast food place for 30 days and eating more healthy choices (salads, etc). :|

We've still got to check out Super Size Me, but we do know that the main guy's girlfriend is a huge vegetarian (anti-meat protestor, etc). It's no wonder they tried to do all they could to put a black eye on the golden arches.

There are many people who eat a lot of the bad stuff at these places, and do it many times a week.

The film isn't just about McDonalds, or giving them a black eye...it's giving all fast food, and junk food companies a black eye.

Great documentary, we loved it.

You talk about your viewpoint on it, or an opposing one, but you haven't even seen it Brian...

Mike

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Actually they even talked about how bad the salads and that yogurt parfiat(sp?) thingy was loaded with sugar and calories. Plus he had to eat everything on the menu at least once during the 30 days, so he was eating the salads as well.

And the guy after the show still eats healthier but he is no longer a vegitarian.

Plus the Macdonalds stuff wasnt even the best or most damning part of the movie. I thought the best part of it was when they talked about what we are feeding our kids in school, no wonder our kids are getting fatter every year, taht and video games.

I thought it was a great movie documentary.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I had forgotten about joeschmo...good dude, wonder what happened to him.