Suns @ Wizards Friday game thread 7-31-20 (season restart)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns restart the 2019-20 season in Orlando playing the Wizards.

Before the break the Wizards won/loss record was 24 40. They are in 9th place in the Eastern Conference.

The Suns are in 13th place in the Western Conference with a 26 -39 record.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 1 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an update on Aron Baynes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something on Saric. No update on Oubre.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Devin Booker said Mikal Bridges has been "unbelievable." Doesn't want people to put him in a box as a 3-and-D player and knows he's capable of far more than just hitting open shots and defending.

12:22 PM · Jul 30, 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Bridges credited Suns assistant strength and conditioning coach Jeff Dolan for some specific lifts he had Mikal go through during quarantine that Bridges said made him more powerful and explosive. That would explain the even quicker first step.

12:39 PM · Jul 30, 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

As far as where they are playing, Devin Booker described it as a "hooper's gym" and said he loves it.

12:24 PM · Jul 30, 2020

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The only fault I find with Monty at this point is his attitude toward Oubre. If he's not ready, then why not say he isn't ready??

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre is listed as out for Friday's game against the Wizards.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only fault I find with Monty at this point is his attitude toward Oubre. If he's not ready, then why not say he isn't ready??

We will never hear this publicly, but I think Kelly or his agent have told the Suns he would prefer not to play in these 8 games, but if the Suns look like they have a legit chance to make the playoffs he will play. Ayton was asked about him yesterday and gave an answer like he was perplexed as to why Oubre is not practicing with the team.

We already know Sarver was in favor of it. Based on the video of him I have seen his knee looks to be fine - of course there could be some pain which we are not hearing about, but I think we would of by now if that was the reasoning.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We will never hear this publicly, but I think Kelly or his agent have told the Suns he would prefer not to play in these 8 games, but if the Suns look like they have a legit chance to make the playoffs he will play. Ayton was asked about him yesterday and gave an answer like he was perplexed as to why Oubre is not practicing with the team.

We already know Sarver was in favor of it. Based on the video of him I have seen his knee looks to be fine - of course there could be some pain which we are not hearing about, but I think we would of by now if that was the reasoning.

I will take this a step further. I think Kelly has demanded a trade, but unlike Eric Bledsoe, he is willing to play the good soldier and keep quiet, so that he can maintain some sort of trade value in order for facilitate the trade. It would also explain the delay in processing the ValleyBoyz trademarks despite there being no objection to any of them being filed with the USPTO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I will take this a step further. I think Kelly has demanded a trade, but unlike Eric Bledsoe, he is willing to play the good soldier and keep quiet, so that he can maintain some sort of trade value in order for facilitate the trade. It would also explain the delay in processing the ValleyBoyz trademarks despite there being no objection to any of them being filed with the USPTO.
There is NOTHING that supports this bonkers theory. Why is he even in Orlando if he requested a trade? If he's not going to play anyway due to "injury," why bother having him there? How does that affect his trade value? It doesn't. This is you (again) coming up with bogus conspiracy theories.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is NOTHING that supports this bonkers theory. Why is he even in Orlando if he requested a trade? If he's not going to play anyway due to "injury," why bother having him there? How does that affect his trade value? It doesn't. This is you (again) coming up with bogus conspiracy theories.

It shows Oubre is not a problem teammate, which in turn avoids sabotaging his trade value the way Markeiff Morris and Eric Bledsoe did. And again, the delay in processing the ValleyBoyz trademarks absolutely supports this theory.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It shows Oubre is not a problem teammate, which in turn avoids sabotaging his trade value the way Markeiff Morris and Eric Bledsoe did. And again, the delay in processing the ValleyBoyz trademarks absolutely supports this theory.
No it doesn't. If he's staying home because his "knee isn't fully healed," how does that affect what kind of teammate he is? Let alone him jumping off the bench during the scrimmages. You just WANT things to be bad.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The agent is involved. That is what Tom Chambers just said. My guess is that the team doesn't really know the time table right now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The agent is involved. That is what Tom Chambers just said. My guess is that the team doesn't really know the time table right now.
That tells me that the agent is trying to work out a trade, not that Oubre requested one.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go suns show promise these final 8 gms!!!

Hooing ayton shows aggressive play and booker and rubio play well

Will be interesting to see if payne shows something to maybe make roster cut next yr

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That tells me that the agent is trying to work out a trade, not that Oubre requested one.

I don't think that's how it works.

The agent and Kelly are on the same page, otherwise Kelly would fire him as his agent.

I have to say this doesn't look good. Maybe they found out the suns were already shopping him or something.

It's hard to understand why he isn't playing if he isn't hurt, because there is another season before he becomes a free agent so ducking the games due to fear of a new injury doesn't make much sense.

On the other hand Kelly said himself when interviewed that the suns training staff is the one keeping him from playing. That doesn't sound accurate to me, but I'm not sure why he would lie about that either.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't think that's how it works.

The agent and Kelly are on the same page, otherwise Kelly would fire him as his agent.
So let me get this straight -- you and 1Sun are postulating that Kelly Oubre has asked the Suns for a trade, which is why his "agent is involved" in the decision to not play him? They have a built-in excuse to not play him, his injury, yet they are still allowing him around the team? And don't give me this "it shows he's a good teammate" nonsense. He doesn't need 8 games jumping off the bench in the Orlando bubble to prove or disprove that.

I think it's hogwash, but ok.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You are making things up, again. The Valley Boyz trademark issues have been discussed here before and it's not really anything on Kelly's end. Some other person rushed out and filed before Kelly and tried holding him up for cash while releasing their own VB merch. It's been documented in detail on Reddit and Kelly has spoken about it himself.

Here's a link to a Reddit thread with a screenshot from Kelly's instagram discussing it. There is more info and links in that thread detailing the issues so you claiming it's anything else shows you don't actually know what's going on since you're blaming Kelly for dragging his feet.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So let me get this straight -- you and 1Sun are postulating that Kelly Oubre has asked the Suns for a trade, which is why his "agent is involved" in the decision to not play him? They have a built-in excuse to not play him, his injury, yet they are still allowing him around the team? And don't give me this "it shows he's a good teammate" nonsense. He doesn't need 8 games jumping off the bench in the Orlando bubble to prove or disprove that.

I think it's hogwash, but ok.

Well first off let me say the idea the trademark means anything is complete BS - so I definitely don't agree with him on that.

As far as him wanting a trade - well maybe. I don't understand what is going on. Your right there is a lot of conflicting information, and I can't make sense of it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are making things up, again. The Valley Boyz trademark issues have been discussed here before and it's not really anything on Kelly's end. Some other person rushed out and filed before Kelly and tried holding him up for cash while releasing their own VB merch. It's been documented in detail on Reddit and Kelly has spoken about it himself.

Here's a link to a Reddit thread with a screenshot from Kelly's instagram discussing it. There is more info and links in that thread detailing the issues so you claiming it's anything else shows you don't actually know what's going on since you're blaming Kelly for dragging his feet.

That's actually not accurate. If you look on line at the USPTO records for the Valley Boyz trademarks applied for by Kelly Oubre, there are no objections or competing marks on record.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

come on, man. If Chambers’ report is true, the agent doesn’t just try to work out a trade without his client’s input and most likely agreeing. If he was making that kind of trouble without Kelly agreeing that would probably cause a major rift between the two.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson