Suns @ Warriors Tuesday game thread 1-10-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to high school with a kid that walked like he was hurt, but then he set the AZ state record for the 100 yard dash. True story.

It brings back memories of former ASU great running back Benny Malone.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Suns need to let Duane Washington Jr. take his lumps and start him at point guard. At least he is exciting to watch.
Yep, just let him run amok and jack up shots. It seems like the players that are left are afraid to let it fly. I enjoyed the end of the third quarter last time out due to DWJ. Too bad it was followed by that horrible 4th quarter. At least DWJ gives us a shot. Literally.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is OUT tonight. Torrey Craig is available and Landry Shamet is questionable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet is now listed as out. Only 9 players available, no problem.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Shamet is now listed as out. Only 9 players available, no problem.

The Suns are starting to remind me of some of the rec league teams I played on over the years. Like sometimes we weren't sure if we would have enough players not to have to forfeit, particularly if a game was scheduled at like 6:00 pm or something and it wasn't certain if enough guys would be off work by that time and would show up to play.

Then when you realize that the Suns are actually a professional sports franchise, that's actually pretty pathetic.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Washington Jr. will start tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are starting to remind me of some of the rec league teams I played on over the years. Like sometimes we weren't sure if we would have enough players not to have to forfeit, particularly if a game was scheduled at like 6:00 pm or something and it wasn't certain if enough guys would be off work by that time and would show up to play.

Then when you realize that the Suns are actually a professional sports franchise, that's actually pretty pathetic.

They could have at least added a G-League point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't an NBA team, it's a freaking MASH unit.

And the Suns are apparently content to play that unit. The minimum number of NBA players for a team to play a game is 8.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m impressed with this effort so far. But no way we can keep this up for the whole game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I finally bet against the Suns and they do this to me. WTF
You know I have just about decided every time I don’t think the suns have a chance in hell, that is the time to bet on them.

almost feels like Vegas has a way of influencing the outcome of severely lopsided games because those are the most profitable.

but that’s probably just me being a conspiracy theorist.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know I have just about decided every time I don’t think the suns have a chance in hell, that is the time to bet on them.

almost feels like Vegas has a way of influencing the outcome of severely lopsided games because those are the most profitable.

but that’s probably just me being a conspiracy theorist.

I didn't think it would be this bad but I actually figured the Warriors would lose tonight.

I hadn't realized how short handed the Suns were or I probably wouldn't have predicted that. THis has been the MO all year someone you're not expecting gets smoking hot like Washington from 3, like when Nembhard did it to them but tonight it's 3 guys scoring Washington, Lee and Saric.

The Warriors announcers say the same thing before every game you have to not put the other team on the FT line, and get to the FT line yourself, it's been the problem all year and again tonight. They give up too many easy points on FT's and don't get enough themselves. Too small inside so they end up fouling.

Interesting to see if they make a run. I feel like both teams can't wait for the all star break to rest and maybe get some guys healthy

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a real good effort by the suns, but the warriors are also playing like crap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose