Suns trade for Beal

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is the quickest and strongest of KD, Book and Allen imo.
Really? I don't know the numbers but watching them I would have thought that Booker was the quickest of the three.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? I don't know the numbers but watching them I would have thought that Booker was the quickest of the three.
No way. Beal is definitely quicker. Add in his tighter handle and he’s better suited to take an opponent than Devin. Devin plays an expert level game of bumping and changing speeds and keeping defenders off balance.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No way. Beal is definitely quicker. Add in his tighter handle and he’s better suited to take an opponent than Devin. Devin plays an expert level game of bumping and changing speeds and keeping defenders off balance.
No doubt...Book may be craftier but Beal is a better athlete. Probably our most athletic defender.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal is quicker but the statement I was disagreeing with involved Booker, KD and Allen.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
another beal benefit - when things go stagnant he doesn't pass the ball to another player who's just as covered as he is as he doesn't force the shot

it's wild - he dribbles all over the place - often under the basket - until something opens up - sometimes its someone slashing to the rim - some times it's an open 3 for whoevs due to beal's weaving

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
One thing I will say. I am not a big fan of the top heavy roster that the team became with Beal/KD around Booker. However looking at CP3 in Golden State it was clear as day Beal is the better value and player at the moment. We're not the best team by any means, but we're in a better spot today than we were a year ago. With Book, Beal, KD, Nurk, Grayson - you have a chance to compete each night. You're not the best team, but you're in the mix. Looking at this a year later, moving Ayton for Grayson/Nurk, and CP3 for Beal, has made us a better team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing I will say. I am not a big fan of the top heavy roster that the team became with Beal/KD around Booker. However looking at CP3 in Golden State it was clear as day Beal is the better value and player at the moment. We're not the best team by any means, but we're in a better spot today than we were a year ago. With Book, Beal, KD, Nurk, Grayson - you have a chance to compete each night. You're not the best team, but you're in the mix. Looking at this a year later, moving Ayton for Grayson/Nurk, and CP3 for Beal, has made us a better team.
I watched Paul play several times this year. He had moments but justified to me why we moved on. He can't keep ANYBODY in front of him any longer and even being a HOF playing against mostly bench players for long stretches looked mostly pedestrian. Even though we could have used some "pedestrian" PG bench play it was definitely no worth that salary he is getting.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
another beal benefit - when things go stagnant he doesn't pass the ball to another player who's just as covered as he is as he doesn't force the shot

it's wild - he dribbles all over the place - often under the basket - until something opens up - sometimes its someone slashing to the rim - some times it's an open 3 for whoevs due to beal's weaving
I've noticed this also. Sometimes when he drives and weaves, I wish he would just take a short step-back jumper.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Beal has been a savior in 4th quarter of late. Seems to me that KD and Book often get Suns the big lead in quarters 1-3. But they get tired in 4th and start bricking shots and try to win the game on lazy 3s that they are then missing and ball movement comes to a halt. And hero mode ensues. Not to mention KD's inevitable, multiple 4th quarter turnovers. Enter Beal. He seems to play at a high level in the 4th and continues driving to hoop and gets GA involved and other 3 point shooters and plays tenacious defense to boot. I never thought he'd become my favorite of the big 3, but that's what is happening. 4th quarters have been much improved of late in a large part due to Beal.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Beal's contract is a disaster... and trading for him was probably a mistake (one of many we have made). But I respect this guy. His effort has never lacked and he's self aware (something I can't say about our other "stars") and the obvious failure of this team bothers him.

Class act. If I were going to buy a jersey right now... I might by his... partly because I respect him and partly because his contract basically guarantees he will be here for a while!

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Beal's contract is a disaster... and trading for him was probably a mistake (one of many we have made). But I respect this guy. His effort has never lacked and he's self aware (something I can't say about our other "stars") and the obvious failure of this team bothers him.

Class act. If I were going to buy a jersey right now... I might by his... partly because I respect him and partly because his contract basically guarantees he will be here for a while!
I feel bad for this Dude, he is the only one calling the team out for their BS play. Book is mirroring Durant in his flipping attitude. Vogel was such a terrible hire