Suns trade for Beal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it all looks great on paper. But the nagging thought I have is there is only one ball. What will the chemistry be like?

That said, it is better than standing pat. It's worth the risk, I just see a lot of risk.

Yeah, standing pat was not an option.

The Suns didn't have enough to get over the top without taking the chance, and the price was right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Draymond would actually be perfect for this team I think
[/QUOTE]
He would. Zero chance he will play for the minimum.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draymond is toxic on the Warriors but they put up with him because he's helped them win 4 titles. He would be a nightmare here.

Also, trading Ayton for him in a sign and trade would be stupid and there is zero chance we could sign him outright.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draymond is toxic on the Warriors but they put up with him because he's helped them win 4 titles. He would be a nightmare here.

Also, trading Ayton for him in a sign and trade would be stupid and there is zero chance we could sign him outright.

I want Ayton gone more than most but I wouldn't do Draymond for Ayton even with a pair of 1's thrown in. Dray could tank this teams chemistry before it ever hit the floor.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we even allowed to do a sign and trade while above the 2nd apron?

Also, since Golden State is also above the apron, Green and Ayton's contracts would have to exactly match, that obviously won't happen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we even allowed to do a sign and trade while above the 2nd apron?

Also, since Golden State is also above the apron, Green and Ayton's contracts would have to exactly match, that obviously won't happen.
No.

But we could before July 1st. New CBA doesn't kick in till then.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's an interesting conversation where Gambo gives some insight about the Suns offseason.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reported Isiah Todd, Goodwin, Beal all for CP3 and Shamet and some picks that’s a huge win for Suns. Goodwin solid young defender PG on cheap contract for a few years. Todd also in a very friendly contract which we need with the big salaries at play as well. This is just a home run deal imo for 2 guys most of us wanted gone. We got younger and better imo not sure why anyone would be saying otherwise!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I may be overreacting, but I think the entire roster should be geared at matching up with Denver - I think they are by far the biggest threat.
I disagree. That’s how teams generally fail. You can’t match up with jokic, so trying is trying to fail. You build the best team you’re capable of building and then hope for health and luck.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I disagree. That’s how teams generally fail. You can’t match up with jokic, so trying is trying to fail. You build the best team you’re capable of building and then hope for health and luck.

Agreed. Read something on another forum that the last 5 or so teams, that were best on paper, during the regular season (including Phoenix), didn’t win it all. It takes luck, guts and balls. Our new owner has the latter two covered.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, the CBA makes his wallet irrelevant after this move.
Lol at “after this move.” Well, it was damn relevant in bringing us Bradley freaking Beal. In my (and everybody else’s) world that’s pretty dang relevant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What I don't fully understand is why the Wizards weren't more patient.

They must have wanted to get rid of Beal's contract bad.

The Wizards had probably already explored the market and that was it with Beal's no trade clause.
They had zero leverage. The suns trade let them get out from under beals deal and Beal held all the cards.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I like this deal for the Suns.

1. They moved on from Paul and that was a necessity.
2. Booker can be the primary ball handler with this setup and the offense doesn't have to stall out at any point in the game with 3 playmakers.
3. They needed more firepower vs. the Nuggets and depth wasn't a difference maker.
4. They could still deal Ayton for good depth and defense

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Absolutely.

Around the turn of the century everyone out west was picking up every garbage 6'10"+ player they could, just to have bodies to throw at Shaq, the result was teams wasting money and draft slots on garbage players. The Suns alone picked up Luc Longley, Jake Tsuckaleetass, Chris Dudley and Scott Williams... all in an effort to counter one player, and they all were absolute garbage.

In response to Jordan, who could seemingly score on every possession, teams slowed the pace to a crawl, the strategy didn't work, it made slow paced, ball hogging, ISO players even more dominant and didn't go away until the Mike D/Nash Suns decided to blow the doors off the league and focus on speed and ball movement.

Jokic is going to do his thing, unless the league changes the rules or he gets fat again (which I think is kinda likely at the moment), he's going to get his. You just gotta make a great team. Denver was not unbeatable. We had zero depth and even KD sucked in a few of those games and I think if Paul doesn't go down, that series goes 7, or maybe in our favor, same for if KD didn't crap the bed in a few games. Those are not excuses, especially not for Paul, because he is cursed by some voodoo god, but this certainly isn't some juggernaut.

Make a great team, don't worry about what everyone else is doing.