Suns Sign Frank Jackson to a Non-guaranteed Contract

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are signing point guard Frank Jackson to a non-guaranteed contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson appears to be more of a combo guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Suns looking at anyone who can play point guard. IMO, backup point guard is their biggest weakness.

They also have Duane Washington Jr. on a two-way contract, who could see some minutes there.

The Suns already have a roster spot open, but if they make a trade, it could create more openings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson has played with both the Pelicans and the Pistons. He was drafted number 31 by the Hornets in the 2017 draft.

He played for Duke in college.

This is from HoopsHype.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, what this tells me is this guy was our second choice to shroeder, but Lakers signed him, so we signed this guy.

His numbers don't look awful for a 15th man, but he appears to be much more a shooting guard than a point based on how few assists he has averaged.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, what this tells me is this guy was our second choice to shroeder, but Lakers signed him, so we signed this guy.

His numbers don't look awful for a 15th man, but he appears to be much more a shooting guard than a point based on how few assists he has averaged.

Only guessing, but I think it's a long shot for Jackson to make the Suns roster unless they make a trade where more players are sent out than come back.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
A point guard who averages 22 minutes a game and 1 assist.

No wonder nobody was clamoring for him.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Frank Jackson. Let's see Lakers signed guards Patrick Beverly and Schroder in the off season. The Suns counter by signing Duane Washington jr. and Frank Jackson. What a difference in the two teams approach. Not saying either moves the needle for either team but there's a different method of these two teams.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Jackson. Let's see Lakers signed guards Patrick Beverly and Schroder in the off season. The Suns counter by signing Duane Washington jr. and Frank Jackson. What a difference in the two teams approach. Not saying either moves the needle for either team but there's a different method of these two teams.
We were reportedly in the running for Schroder and Chris Paul would kill or be killed if we signed Beverley so I don't think you can read much into those signings. But yeah, given our cap situation and our owner situation, our best chance to improve the team this season will likely have to come from player development rather than FA signings.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is a different method...

The Lakers lockerroom was already as toxic as possible, and they were garbage last year anyway! What worry is there about adding more cancerous substance?

My only worry about the Lakers is that we're playing them 4 times and that is a lot of opportunity for Beverly to injure people. They are not a contender.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
There is a different method...

The Lakers lockerroom was already as toxic as possible, and they were garbage last year anyway! What worry is there about adding more cancerous substance?

My only worry about the Lakers is that we're playing them 4 times and that is a lot of opportunity for Beverly to injure people. They are not a contender.
The refs do let Beverly get away with a lot. But I do think Anthony Davis will play better this year. We'll see what happens as the season is drawing close. I just want the Suns to do well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the Suns are done and they are still shuffling cards.

The addition of Frank Jackson may only be a training camp move.

I'm thinking Duane Washington Jr. may eventually be on the Suns 15 man roster. If the Suns like Jackson, he might end up on a two-way contract.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome a PG that averages 1 assist a game can't wait to sign our new 5 ft tall 1 legged power forward. TAF

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score

I'm thinking Duane Washington Jr. may eventually be on the Suns 15 man roster. If the Suns like Jackson, he might end up on a two-way contract.
The Suns may get something from one of the two these two guards or hopefully both. Throw enough mud against the wall something will stick. Anything is a plus.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jackson can't sign a Two-Way deal as he has 4 years of experience in the league. Only players with less than 4 years can sign a Two-Way deal. Had that been an option for Jackson then he would have signed an Exhibit 9 deal, which allows the team to transfer the contract into a two-way deal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jackson is a good ball handler and a fairly decent combo guard for the 15th roster spot. He played next to Cade in Detroit who did virtually all of their playmaking so his stats don't accurately reflect what he's capable of, sort of on the opposite end of that spectrum compared to Elfrid Payton as far as Elf's stats looked better than he actually was.

Jackson has speed also. He's not Barbosa but he's quick. Hopefully he's able to be productive here. I like him as a depth signing and to push Payne.

His deal doesn't become guaranteed until January 2023 so he's got a little over 2 months to prove his worth. I have a feeling he'll stick around.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some highlights of Frank Jackson from a 26 point effort while he was a Piston against OKC on 4-1-2022.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose