Custom User Title!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
@
You must be registered for see images

(From RealGM)
When: Friday, April 11th, 2008
Where: Toyota Center - Houston, Texas
When exactly: 8:30pm, Eastern Time (2:30am CET)
TV: MY45, LeaguePass

Suns Starting Lineup:
You must be registered for see images attach

PG - NASH
SG - BELL
SF - HILL
PF - STAT
C - SHAQ
omg all 4 letters!

Rockets Starting Lineup:
You must be registered for see images attach

PG - ALSTON
SG - MCGRADY
SF - BATTIER
PF - SCOLA
C - MUTOMBO

ESPN Status Alert:
Battier (foot) is questionable for the Rockets' Friday contest with Phoenix, the Associated Press reports. (Apr 10)
Despite some lingering soreness, McGrady (shoulder) will play Friday against the Suns, according to the Associated Press.
(Apr 10)

Accuscore Predictions
Houston: 59% - Favorite
Suns: 41% - Underdog

Suns.com Game Preview

The Phoenix Suns have a chance to leave Texas with two impressive victories, particularly with Tracy McGrady back in the Houston Rockets' lineup.
It appears McGrady will be available Friday as the Rockets try to avoid losing their season series with the Suns for what could be a pivotal tiebreaker in the playoff standings.
One potential key tiebreaker went Phoenix's way Wednesday, as the Suns won the season series against San Antonio with a 96-79 road victory over the defending champion Spurs.
"Anytime you come here it's a good win," Steve Nash said. "But we're also still fighting for seeding. It gives us another possibility as far as seeding goes."
While the Suns (53-26) are battling the Los Angeles Lakers for the Pacific Division lead, Houston (53-25) is a half-game ahead of Phoenix in the West with both teams still having a shot at the conference's No. 1 seed. It's very possible the tiebreaker between the teams could be the difference in that race, or even determine seeding if they meet in the first round.
The Suns have won two of the first three meetings this season.

"If we lose, Phoenix and Utah and everybody is going to get over us, we would lose home-court advantage and it would make things much more difficult," Rockets rookie Luis Scola said.
Scola's 13 points and 12 rebounds helped Houston overcome McGrady's absence in a 103-80 win over Seattle on Wednesday.
McGrady sat out to rest his sore left shoulder, which he sprained in a win over Sacramento on March 24, but said Thursday he will play against Phoenix. Since getting hurt, McGrady has shot 37.0 percent from the field, including 6-for-24 from 3-point range.

"I want to be efficient when I'm out there," he said. "This is the time to be on top of your game. My shoulder being the way it is, it's been tough. Hopefully, I can turn it around and not so much worry about my shoulder and have it cause me to shoot so bad."
The Rockets, though, could be missing starting forward Shane Battier, who was limited to 18 minutes Wednesday due to a bruised left foot and ankle.
"I just have to rely on the medical people and those two guys being truthful and telling us how they feel," Houston coach Rick Adelman said.
The Rockets welcomed back point guard Rafer Alston on Wednesday after he missed three games with a strained left hamstring. Houston won all of those games, and enters this matchup with a four-game winning streak - its longest since its 22-game run ended in mid-March.
Phoenix had Shaquille O'Neal back in action Wednesday after he sat out a win at Memphis the previous night with a right hip contusion. He looked very healthy, especially in the fourth quarter when he had eight of his 16 points as the Suns outscored the Spurs 24-11.
"I played through everything," said O'Neal, who was insulted by San Antonio not double-teaming him down the stretch. "I told them that if they play me single coverage, let me make them pay. I'm still the baddest 36-year-old ever created." never get tired of reading that.
It certainly looked that way the last time these teams met, with O'Neal scoring 23 points and grabbing 13 rebounds in a 122-113 home victory over Houston on March 22. It was the same game in which Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire set a franchise record by making all 20 of his free-throw attempts en route to a 38-point, 13-rebound effort.
Stoudemire is averaging 28.0 points and 12.7 rebounds in the season series while shooting 61 percent from the field and going 34-of-35 at the foul line.
The Suns have won seven of their last eight games in Houston
, including a 115-105 victory on Nov. 17 in their only visit this season behind double-doubles from Stoudemire and Nash.

Last edited:

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
extravagant game thread presentation buddy. it feels weird looking at that prediction part. do most people really think suns can't win against a yao-less rockets? not that i have anything against us being underdogs but, really?

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I did have quite a belly giggle when I first saw that prediction.

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Also of note, wasn't Bell out last time we faced them? And we had BARBOSA guarding Battier, as Hill was on Tmac. I also remember being oddly surprised at Barbosa's defensive intensity.

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I would like to nominate this as the official game thread, considering it doesnt like like a piece of **** and was made 8 hours before the ******* "sunsfn" ignorantly posted his own.

Little respect would be nice...

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
RESPECT MAH INTERNETS!

I really hope you are kidding man, this is a cool thread but the huge block of text you quoted and bolded is a painful read. I really hope you're not getting bent out of shape over something so... silly.

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The "huge block of text" isnt even half bolded, and takes up half the room the on in the other thread does, which isnt even quoted, its just simply pasted into the thread. Why complain about this when the alternative is worse? I really dont get it.

I agree it may be silly, but that doesnt make it any less ignorant. I dont see anything wrong with wanting my obvious efforts to not go unnoticed.

Any other solid opinions you cant contain?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maligzar sits in the cube next to me, and I can offcially say he just got Sunsd!!!

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
The "huge block of text" isnt even half bolded, and takes up half the room the on in the other thread does, which isnt even quoted, its just simply pasted into the thread. Why complain about this when the alternative is worse? I really dont get it.

I agree it may be silly, but that doesnt make it any less ignorant. I dont see anything wrong with wanting my obvious efforts to not go unnoticed.

Any other solid opinions you cant contain?

Well since you asked.

I think you take yourself far too seriously. Not just in this thread, or the other thread where you were crying. In general it's my opinion that you take yourself far too seriously for a poster on the internet.

This thread is cool, except for the huge block of text that you improperly cited (traditionally providing links in order to give proper credit would be more appropriate). It's not so much the bolding mid sentence, which is just annoying, but the cut and paste that apparently didn't come over with the proper spacing which makes it a hard read for me.

Mostly I'm just giving you a hard time though, because you take yourself far too seriously.

Ligthen up.

GO SUNS!

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
As far as Internet aggravations go, I thought this was mildly legitimate. Not sure why a guy in a cube would be possessed to mock it with the dumbest reason available.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit, you're a very impressive photographer. You really did capture some outstanding stills.

You do own those pictures right? I mean the thread of the year wouldn't steal someone else's work...

EDIT: What's wrong with being a guy in a cube?

Last edited:
OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Well since you asked.

I think you take yourself far too seriously. Not just in this thread, or the other thread where you were crying. In general it's my opinion that you take yourself far too seriously for a poster on the internet.

This thread is cool, except for the huge block of text that you improperly cited (traditionally providing links in order to give proper credit would be more appropriate). It's not so much the bolding mid sentence, which is just annoying, but the cut and paste that apparently didn't come over with the proper spacing which makes it a hard read for me.

Mostly I'm just giving you a hard time though, because you take yourself far too seriously.

Ligthen up.

GO SUNS!
Right above the article, it reads "Suns.com"

Do you really intend to criticize my ability to attribute? Find something on here that isn't cited in some form, and find me someone else who has a better track record on attribution. Go ahead, I'll wait.

No matter how much of a hard time you desire to give me, might I recommend aiming your future efforts better than at the guy who tried to make a nice game thread and just wanted it to go to good use.

Do you work in a cubicle at a psychiatrist center of some sort, or is your analysis of my online persona free of charge? Im really unprepared for an in depth evaluation if that is as imminent as you make it seem to be.

OP
OP
YouJustGotSUNSD

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
I have to admit, you're a very impressive photographer. You really did capture some outstanding stills.

You do own those pictures right? I mean the thread of the year wouldn't steal someone else's work...

Try to follow me here, I will type slow so you can keep up.

Above the game info is an attribution to RealGM. The next attribution down is the "ESPN" status alert. If one weren't attempting to be an ass, one would find that attribution was given to the source until a new source was used. Do you suggest that you prefer every line have a lazy link for your convenience, because odds are you would complain about how sloppy it looks if that was the case. Congrats on painting yourself into the lose/lose corner of trollish criticisms. I hope you're enjoying yourself in your cube.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Do you really intend to criticize my ability to attribute? Find something on here that isn't cited in some form, and find me someone else who has a better track record on attribution. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I just pointed out that you should really provide links, since that's a traditonally accepted way to attribute work. It's pretty easy to copy and paste it too.

Your track record is irrelevant, since I was just speaking to your self-proclaimed "thread of the year". It's not cited in a traditional sense.

As far as my analysis of you goes, I happen to work for an internet research firm that studdies message board personas in an effort to try and work indirect marketing into threads. We often timse create several personas on boards like these in an effort to saturate the market with the various products we are trying to move.

Once again though, my compliments on your photography. Where could I purchase one of your pictures?

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score
Try to follow me here, I will type slow so you can keep up.

Above the game info is an attribution to RealGM. The next attribution down is the "ESPN" status alert. If one weren't attempting to be an ass, one would find that attribution was given to the source until a new source was used. Do you suggest that you prefer every line have a lazy link for your convenience, because odds are you would complain about how sloppy it looks if that was the case. Congrats on painting yourself into the lose/lose corner of trollish criticisms. I hope you're enjoying yourself in your cube.

Oh so you got permission from the owners to use their photographs for your work.

I'm suggesting that you follow copywrite laws. Nothing more.

No need for the personal attacks, I'm not trolling. You're the one that got his panties in a bunch over people not worshiping your thread. If anything I'm mocking you in an effort to help you get over yourself.

I guess I failed.

As Ryan said, I JSUT GOT SUNSD@!@!#

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to do anything they can not to lay an egg here. They really need to rip off wins in all the remaining games. GO SUNS!!!!!

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Oh so you got permission from the owners to use their photographs for your work.

I'm suggesting that you follow copywrite laws. Nothing more.

No need for the personal attacks, I'm not trolling. You're the one that got his panties in a bunch over people not worshiping your thread. If anything I'm mocking you in an effort to help you get over yourself.

I guess I failed.

As Ryan said, I JSUT GOT SUNSD@!@!#

So, you were trolling him. It takes a good amount of effort to put those game day threads up with all the images and what not. REGARDLESS if he cites or STEALS THEM. lol.

Thanks SunsD for your effort. I take you too seriously too. :D

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Since I posted in the other game thread, and I don't want to be perceived as picking favorites in something as silly as a game thread, I will repeat my post here.

I don't see how we won't win this game comfortably, especially with Yao already gone, Battier out, and McGrady banged up.

On the other hand, we seem to win games we have no shot at, and drop games we should dominate.

Suns 117
Rockets 106

Amare

Just maintaining my neutrality.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
I think the Sun's will win, but Houston is usually very good at home. Could be a fun 4th quarter.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Sun's will win, but Houston is usually very good at home. Could be a fun 4th quarter.

Yeah, it’ll be fun watching Straw, Skinny, Marks, Pike, and Tucker take on the Houston scrubs while we have a 40-point lead. ;)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This game better not be close with a couple minutes to go. T-Mac lives for those situations. We need to put this to bed early.