Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd like to see an improved version of Ayton. If not, the Suns might trade him before the trade deadline when he becomes eligible. Of course, he would have to approve the trade.
I think Ayton will again show yet more improvement to his game this year. If he plays well then he'll prove that he was worth the Max & if he plays with conviction then he's young enough for a even greater payday when this max contract expires.
I mean what's not to like & do for Ayton? Great opportunity ahead for Ayton and the Suns.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You need to have knockdown 3 point shooters if you’re gonna shoot more 3s. We brought in… zero of those guys.
We have the shooters, we just need them to actually shoot. Far too often guys were passing open looks.

Top 10 in three point percentage, bottom five in three point attempts.

I can’t tell you how many times I yelled “shoot the blanking ball!!!” only to have our player pump fake and then kick out to a guy with a worse look.

Bridges especially needs to just let loose, Shamet too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure if was Sarver but lets all blame him for everything. Everything is probably correct.

I don't know if it was Sarver or not but I remember all of the "Sarver cheaps out again" talk when DA wasn't signed to an extension. I'm fine with Ayton blaming Sarver if that keeps things cool with him and his teammates and coaching staff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense the Suns let Crowder's camp find their own trade because apparently there is not a high demand for his services that will return fair value in trade.

I'd like to think, at some point, Crowder would return to the Suns if a trade doesn't get done now. He could be more easily traded at the trade deadline.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense the Suns let Crowder's camp find their own trade because apparently there is not a high demand for his services that will return fair value in trade.

I'd like to think, at some point, Crowder would return to the Suns if a trade doesn't get done now. He could be more easily traded at the trade deadline.

I'm not happy with how either side has handled this, more disappointed in Crowder but I wish JJ told him to show up to camp or he won't get paid. I can't see that happening with the ownership issues the team currently has though. However Jae has had plenty of time to find a suitor and hasn't. He's under contract for next season, he needs to show up and earn his money whether that be coming off the bench or not. He's not a star and he's not coming off a rookie contract either, an extension is a luxury for a journeyman like him.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I’m excited for Cam to start. We’re going to improve at that spot drastically with his continued growing game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m excited for Cam to start. We’re going to improve at that spot drastically with his continued growing game.
I think he should be starting too but there are matchups that concern me and his durability has been an issue. I'd feel much better if he were starting and a happy and fully engaged Jae Crowder was backing him up.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Have to put your best product out there. I think they wanted to last season but Crowder was trying to prove he was a starter and was worthy of an extension.

Seems the suns org had their minds made up on who should be starting, and is the obvious right choice imo.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not sure if was Sarver but lets all blame him for everything. Everything is probably correct.
This reason makes sense with Jae. The Suns are ready to move Cam into the starter's spot and bring Jae off the bench. He didn't like that. Sounds like the players want him back--not necessarily in the starter's spot, but on the team. Will see.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This reason makes sense with Jae. The Suns are ready to move Cam into the starter's spot and bring Jae off the bench. He didn't like that. Sounds like the players want him back--not necessarily in the starter's spot, but on the team. Will see.

Suns may have wanted to extend him but not as a starter and at a starter's pay.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose