Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton has been working on the corner 3-pointer.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is the third time I’ve seen comments about extending Ayton’s range and it’s making me nauseous. This guy should learn how to OWN the paint, create his own shot before becoming an even less aggressive player on offense drifting out to the 3.

We’ve heard NOTHING about those aspects of the game which will be crucial to make this team different and better moving forward.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton has been working on the corner 3-pointer.

If he becomes proficient from there it’s alright, but not all the useful in the big scheme of things because:

1. He likely still doesn’t have the handles to take the ball to the rim on a closeout.

2. It pulls him away from the rim for offensive rebounds . . . and he’s our only offensive rebounder.

3. People may argue it opens the floor, which would be great . . . if we had anyone who effectively takes his man off the dribble consistently. But we don’t. So who cares? Ideally the rest of the team should be spacing the floor for him.

So in the end I think this becomes nothing more than a vanity skill for him. He gets to do it because he wants to do it and the team appeases him. Would’ve been much more impactful for him to develop his handles so his midrange jumper becomes even more dangerous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is the third time I’ve seen comments about extending Ayton’s range and it’s making me nauseous. This guy should learn how to OWN the paint, create his own shot before becoming an even less aggressive player on offense drifting out to the 3.

We’ve heard NOTHING about those aspects of the game which will be crucial to make this team different and better moving forward.
Borg-ish

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If he becomes proficient from there it’s alright, but not all the useful in the big scheme of things because:

1. He likely still doesn’t have the handles to take the ball to the rim on a closeout.

2. It pulls him away from the rim for offensive rebounds . . . and he’s our only offensive rebounder.

3. People may argue it opens the floor, which would be great . . . if we had anyone who effectively takes his man off the dribble consistently. But we don’t. So who cares? Ideally the rest of the team should be spacing the floor for him.

So in the end I think this becomes nothing more than a vanity skill for him. He gets to do it because he wants to do it and the team appeases him. Would’ve been much more impactful for him to develop his handles so his midrange jumper becomes even more dangerous.

Borg.

About all we can do is roll with it and if it doesn't work out, trade him.

Ayton has always envisioned himself as a power forward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are going to shoot more 3s this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans seem so excited about training camp, yet the Suns have not replaced Jae Crowder or filled their open roster spot with someone who can play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The starters are who we anticipated.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are going to shoot more 3s this season.

You need to have knockdown 3 point shooters if you’re gonna shoot more 3s. We brought in… zero of those guys.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Monty and Deandre have progressed beyond sign language.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to have knockdown 3 point shooters if you’re gonna shoot more 3s. We brought in… zero of those guys.

Yeah, I'm not feeling good about it. The Suns front office owes the fans more. All we can do is hope James Jones improves the team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne thanks fans for attending open practice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty doesn't understand why the Suns haven't been spoken of as a flagship organization.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Ayton is the only one of our bigs in this clip that doesn't make a move to the basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton is the only one of our bigs in this clip that doesn't make a move to the basket.

I think Jock Landale may be a pleasant surprise and may see time ahead of Biyombo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty, we are expecting you to be in shape. :doi:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Payne says the team is still trying to build chemistry with Crowder gone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty doesn't understand why the Suns haven't been spoken of as a flagship organization.

Maybe because we’ve been saddled with a terrible owner for over a decade… and that was the narrative even BEFORE we all saw how truly disgusting of a human being Sarver was and is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose