Suns Media Day and Training Camp

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not apathtic.

I really don't think either of those guys is that big a loss. We will get more than 20 minutes from Cam which will make us better, and McGee was only useful in some matchups. I have a good feeling about Landale as well.

I'm pretty excited to see how DA, Cam and Mikal have improved as well.

And I actually have a pretty good feeling Ish Wainright may just end up doing most of the Jae Crowder stuff that we need.
You may not be but that is anecdotal. There isn’t a a ton excitement about anything the team has done in the offseason. Those two guys are the majority of this teams toughness. Cam isn’t going to body up guys and is nowhere near as physical as either of those guys.

My guess is if we don’t get a good piece back in a Jae trade this team will be making a move at the trade deadline. We are not getting to the finals as built. Mark it down.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I don’t get it. I mean… the Valley jerseys weren’t even that old. They brought them out two years ago.

Maybe they weren’t selling? Regardless, these new ones are lame.
What are you talking about? You couldn't get one. They were always sold out. I know as I tried. This is all marketing and attempting to get people to buy new jerseys.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? You couldn't get one. They were always sold out. I know as I tried. This is all marketing and attempting to get people to buy new jerseys.
Chill out. I was asking that question because I didn’t understand why the change in New Jerseys after only two seasons, especially ones that seemed to be universally popular.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Chill out. I was asking that question because I didn’t understand why the change in New Jerseys after only two seasons, especially ones that seemed to be universally popular.
I'm perfectly chill but I understand you can't always gauge tone from text. Just trying to make a point that they were impossible to get. At least ones that weren't knockoffs. I tried all season long.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm perfectly chill but I understand you can't always gauge tone from text. Just trying to make a point that they were impossible to get. At least ones that weren't knockoffs.
That makes sense. I’m usually a stick in the mud about new uniforms, but even I loved those Valley joints.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If these new uniforms get rid of the orange ones, I'm good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, who can't be upbeat around Lindsey but she made it clear Deandre was acting upbeat around everyone outside the press conference.
I think Ayton will be alright, he's always been an affable dude.

The press acting surprised that the mood around media day was dark is silly.

Owner selling in scandal, former starter demanding a trade and the first time they've faced the press since the collapse... of course today was going to suck.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ayton will be alright, he's always been an affable dude.

The press acting surprised that the mood around media day was dark is silly.

Owner selling in scandal, former starter demanding a trade and the first time they've faced the press since the collapse... of course today was going to suck.

I felt better about Media Day after we got some information about the team behind the scene off camera.

Yeah, Deandre will be all right, but it didn't feel that way immediately after his interview.

The questions posed to players, GM and coach were bound to create a more solemn mood.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ever since Nike took over they've been all about the money. They've turned each season's jerseys into limited edition items in a way because they change them up every single year now. I used to enjoy when teams rolled out new jerseys because it was something that happened once or twice a decade but this annual stuff is crazy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ever since Nike took over they've been all about the money. They've turned each season's jerseys into limited edition items in a way because they change them up every single year now. I used to enjoy when teams rolled out new jerseys because it was something that happened once or twice a decade but this annual stuff is crazy.
The NBA is going hard down the path of European soccer. Teams might have a somewhat consistent look on a couple of their 4 uniforms but they're going to have at least one totally new uniform every year.

What Nike did to the the Jazz this year is a travesty... thank god it wasn't us. Those things look like Jr High uniforms.
Call me stupied but what is the number 6 on the jersey for?

Bill Russell. The NBA is retiring his number league wide. In Phoenix it was already retired for Walter Davis.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These are the Jazz new uniform designs in 2022-23. Back is the purple mountain design I associate with them.

Speak of the devil...

These are almost certainly the worst NBA uniforms I've ever seen. I bet they're going to end up wearing their "throwbacks" at every opportunity because of the massive rejection of that black and yellow trash.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speak of the devil...

These are almost certainly the worst NBA uniforms I've ever seen. I bet they're going to end up wearing their "throwbacks" at every opportunity because of the massive rejection of that black and yellow trash.

For whatever reason, I thought the Jazz always played better with their purple mountain design.

Those colors they wore last season seemed so unlike them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where were you trying? I went to the games and they were available. There were players at times sold out but they were available at the team shop every single game I went to.

If these new uniforms get rid of the orange ones, I'm good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love these new ones.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speak of the devil...

You weren't kidding. I like their purple throwbacks but the other 3 designs are awful. Junior High might be giving them too much credit. That highlighter yellow is pretty ugly on it's own as well but they've slapped the most generic looking font they could find on there.

Here's an image for anyone interested...
You must be registered for see images attach

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where were you trying? I went to the games and they were available. There were players at times sold out but they were available at the team shop every single game I went to.

I love these new ones.

You just lost all credibility.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not apathtic.

I really don't think either of those guys is that big a loss. We will get more than 20 minutes from Cam which will make us better, and McGee was only useful in some matchups. I have a good feeling about Landale as well.

I'm pretty excited to see how DA, Cam and Mikal have improved as well.

And I actually have a pretty good feeling Ish Wainright may just end up doing most of the Jae Crowder stuff that we need.
My name is Muggz and I approve this message.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose