Suns @ Grizzlies Saturday game thread 2-20-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges is going to be a bigger player as he matures. The talent and IQ is crazy.

what I do like about him is he definitely has added obvious elements to his game. He just needs to get a killer instinct. He actually CAN be a major impact maker because he can effect the game on both sides of the court. He just needs to bring the level of consistency to his offense that he does his defense. He’s added so much to his game shooting wise and he’s so much improved as far as finding and getting to his spots.

the next step this off-season is to really work on those handles. That’s what could really elevate him to the next level.

still wish he was an inch or two taller or had a little more spring in his legs. But he’s got the makings of a damn good player regardless.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love the optimism but you also thought we needed to Max Out Oubre. Bridges doesn’t get that deal from anyone but he needs a solid extension.
Ha! Fair point.

My point was to lock him up this off-season below market value because he seems to be improving each year. There's no telling what he will add to his game this off-season that may get him closer to max dollars.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ha! Fair point.

My point was to lock him up this off-season below market value because he seems to be improving each year. There's no telling what he will add to his game this off-season that may get him closer to max dollars.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro
If he has a competent agent, this isn’t going to happen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul only 250 assists behind Magic Johnson as he passes Oscar Robertson on NBA all-time assist list.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns 3-point record is now 24.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul only 250 assists behind Magic Johnson as he passes Oscar Robertson on NBA all-time assist list.

Its likely he'll bypass Nash in time, probably next season, and that'll be odd seeing it happen with him as a Sun. At least he'll pass Mark Jackson at about the same time and probably the same game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its likely he'll bypass Nash in time, probably next season, and that'll be odd seeing it happen with him as a Sun. At least he'll pass Mark Jackson at about the same time and probably the same game.

It will make it a little more palatable that Chris Paul is a Sun. Seeing Jason Kidd second on the list surprises me a bit.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will make it a little more palatable that Chris Paul is a Sun. Seeing Jason Kidd second on the list surprises me a bit.

Kidd had a very long career so I'm not surprised by him being #2. The gap between Stockton and everyone else is huge though. I'm not sure there is another stat category like that where the leader has such a secure lead. Stockton was around a while and was lucky enough to play for a hall of fame coach and with a hall of famer teammate for virtually his whole career in Jerry Sloan and Karl Malone. He entered the league a year before Malone and Sloan took over as Jazz coach after his 4th year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kidd had a very long career so I'm not surprised by him being #2. The gap between Stockton and everyone else is huge though. I'm not sure there is another stat category like that where the leader has such a secure lead. Stockton was around a while and was lucky enough to play for a hall of fame coach and with a hall of famer teammate for virtually his whole career in Jerry Sloan and Karl Malone. He entered the league a year before Malone and Sloan took over as Jazz coach after his 4th year.

Stockton was flat out good, had Malone and also had a long career so no surprise there.

Without looking at the stats though, it's surprising to see Kidd ahead of Nash. Of course Magic's career was cut short.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stockton was flat out good, had Malone and also had a long career so no surprise there.

Without looking at the stats though, it's surprising to see Kidd ahead of Nash. Of course Magic's career was cut short.
Many people forget Nash’s years before Dantoni weren’t filled with double digit assist seasons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many people forget Nash’s years before Dantoni weren’t filled with double digit assist seasons.

I'm probably not giving Jason Kidd the credit he deserves based upon the way he left Phoenix. He had a great career.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm probably not giving Jason Kidd the credit he deserves based upon the way he left Phoenix. He had a great career.

The Suns did a terrible job building around him with stiffer half-court players. The Nets with K-Mart, Jefferson and later-Vince were smarter about it.

You have to wonder what the late-90’s look like if McDyess stuck around...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did a terrible job building around him with stiffer half-court players. The Nets with K-Mart, Jefferson and later-Vince were smarter about it.

I don't have good memories of Antonio McDyess either. There should be rules for breaking up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Their intended plan of kidd, mcdyess, and pippen would’ve been incredibly exciting to watch if they had been successful in pulling it off.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Their intended plan of kidd, mcdyess, and pippen would’ve been incredibly exciting to watch if they had been successful in pulling it off.

Pippen was a shell of himself after 98’ but I still would’ve taken it over what we saw. He help keep those Blazer teams relevant.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pippen was a shell of himself after 98’ but I still would’ve taken it over what we saw. He help keep those Blazer teams relevant.
He wouldn’t have had to be anything more than 75% pippen with mcdyess and kidd

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose