Suns-Bobcats-Clippers possible trade?

Dida

Rookie
Reaction score
Trying to figure a way out of this mess we're obviously in right now, there may be a solution - at least it's a possibility...

OUT: Steve Nash
IN: Raymond Felton+Future Pick

OUT: Amare Stoudemire
IN: Marcus Camby+Future Pick

(OUT: Terry Porter)
(IN: Iavaroni, Johnson, Silas, Collins, ???)

Suns:
PG: Felton / Barbosa / (Dragic?)
SG: Richardson / Tucker
SF: Hill / Barnes / Dudley
PF: Camby / Amundson
C: Shaq / Lopez / (FreeAgentCenter?)

Clippers: Davis, Gordon, Thornton, Stoudemire, Kaman
Bobcats: Augustin/Nash, Bell, Diaw, Wallace, Okafor

Basically, we lose one older player for a younger and get one older for a younger - Shaq and Camby would rebound and block like crazy while Felton plays the point for a much better used J-Rich and in-form G-Hill.

Furthermore we could be able to get 2 future picks which would help us after Shaq, Hill and Camby would be gone...

Seriously, the Clips should take Amare instantly and he could be happy about beeing the #1 offensive gun again.
The Bobcats on the other hand already prepared to put Felton on the block before and they would gain a perfect PG from the bench who knows playing with Raja and Boris. Nash could be used fewer minutes and so get in better shape with his back and growing age.

Of course, Porter doesn't look good as our couch at all so far, so maybe we would have to replace him aswell - but I can still imagine he would be a better fit with a slower, more defensive minded Suns team like this (Nash, Amare, Marion, Bell, Diaw - all would've been gone).

Tell me what you think about it ;)

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Great you wrote it up, and I think it would look better in the Trade thread. ;)

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Regarding the trade idea, I'm not crazy about Felton as the future Nash replacement, but it's an option. I think if the Suns trade Steve before his contract is up, they owe it to him to send him where he wants if possible (TOR, NYN, a contender). CHA is probably not where he wants to finish his career.

And, if Amare has to be traded, I hope we get more than Camby and a pick. Camby would look great playing next to Amare - not next to Shaq.

OP
OP
D

Dida

Rookie
Reaction score
Sorry, just noticed the trade forum...maybe the admin/mod can move it? Thx.

yeah, forgot about Steve talking about New York and Toronto...but I can't see Amare bouncing back to his old form - I mean, how long is he playing with no desire and such lack of passion for the game?
He will not stay anyway IMO, so they should try to trade him and get something in return that will really help us.

If we just look at the stats we could also throw in a rookie - 12 pts, 6 reb, 3 turnover or something like that - even Brook Lopez would own Amare these days :( The kid just had a monster game...

And even in form - there are more players in the NBA that are capable of at least 20-10 so I don't know why we should bother with a lazy defender who obviously is more interested in his fame than the game?
Did you see him tonight, just standing there and waiting for another offensive rebound for the Bulls? I mean, Grant and LB were the only two who played with guts (Shaq too) and he does not even help Shaq so he picks up his 6th foul - maybe he was happy to see Shaq thrown out so he had more space I don't know...

It's still pretty sad when a great team like the Suns goes through a rough time like this - but let's hope for better days, soon.

cly2tw

Reaction score
If done right, just one move maybe enough to right the ship. I believe the weakest link to correct is Porter. To make the job of any coach easier, the management might need to part either Shaq or Nash for style conflicts. Moving Amare is afterthought, with more cons than pros as of now.

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
Was Barbosa included in your trade? I didn't see him in your line-ups after the trade or in your trad, or did I miss it?

OP
OP
D

Dida

Rookie
Reaction score
No, Barbosa would stay like it is now - coming from the bench and hopefully be able to be a little bit of Tony Parker with more than just a 3p-shot, hitting from midrange and don't missing his layups ;)

There's something about Nash that's really confusing right now - he always comes up with his clutch turnover (like many of you already written in the game threads) when it matters most and sometimes I think he just doesn't have this certain urgency to win no more.

Don't get me wrong - he can still be great but I think after Bell's departure and Porter's arrival in general all I keep hearing from him is stuff like "...we are a work in progress...we will be work in progress all season...we need to this...we need to that" - sometimes It seems like Steve realised the limited possibilites the current squad has and just gives up in a certain way.

You can clearly see him not caring that much how he used to - for example: after every stupid layup we concede or after another posterizing from the opponent, he just takes the ball and throws it right back in there - no anger, no communication, no reaction - just a "keep playing, keep playing". But where it's the most obvious is at moments when we just lost a game - head down, arms on his waist, that's it.

Sometimes it's better to part ways before it gets ugly - at the moment I can only see the effort we need from Grant, Leandro and Shaq. Louie seems to be a little too erratic sometimes and Matt has completely lost his shot :mad: J-Rich takes the same stupid shots Raja used to take at the end of his Suns days - turning around and pulling the trigger with one foot on the line :bang:
Wasn't he supposed to hit treys like crazy? Remember when he came to the Suns and was the leading shooter? Whatever happened with that?

Problem1: Porter's lousy couching at some times and his lack of respect
Problem2: Stat's ego and his unwillingness to work for this team
Problem3: Steve not into the whole system and so playing just half hearted
(Kinda reminds me of Raja the last few games, he told the media that he did not really know what Porter wanted to him at some times and right now I don't think Steve knows either).

OP
OP
D

Dida

Rookie
Reaction score
Porter blew his credibility when he said after some early losses that it may be better to play faster again - just the opposite what he was trying at the beginning and just the opposite what he's trying right now. He often tells his players to slow the offensive pace down even when he knows that we are a way better offensive while don't milking the clock.

If you wanna stick with your plan, try to force your players to get it into their heads and shut the hell up - but it's too late for him. I'd like to hear the first interview when Stat gets traded - "TP is a bad coach, glad to be here now..."

Kerr tried to put some authority back in Porter when he surprised the complaining Bell by really trading him away, a move so shocking the whole team was suppossed to back down and listen to the new Kerr/Porter philosophy or else...

Did not quite work out, not to this moment...

Rogue

Reaction score
I guess you're more of a soccer fan, Dida. this trade means the start of our reconstruction, but we still hope to get one championship before than, so NO way should we do this deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn