Stupid CONCACAF!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Under the new format, the final eight teams in CONCACAF qualifying will be placed in two four-team groups, with the winner of each group qualifying automatically and the two second-place teams playing off for the third automatic qualifying spot.

So why will you hate it?

No USA-Mexico. No trip to Azteca for the United States and no visit to frigid Crew Stadium for 'El Tri'.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_...new-concacaf-world-cup-qualifying-format.html

All this does is guarantee Mexico and the US advances without ever meeting. It makes qualifying even easier in a watered down qualifying scenario.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, this would suck! Dragging a kicking and screaming US team into the Azteca is pretty much the only way to get them to play there. I guess the domination by El Tri shall continue on US soil during friendlies and Gold Cups.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Man, this would suck! Dragging a kicking and screaming US team into the Azteca is pretty much the only way to get them to play there. I guess the domination by El Tri shall continue on US soil during friendlies and Gold Cups.

Continue? One win since 2000 is hardly domination.

Anyways...I am sure the US would play in Azteca more if Mexico wanted to, the simple fact is Mexico makes more money for friendlies in the US than they do in Mexico. Money talks.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last two games played with the new kids, Mexico has dominated. Get used to it, you guys have yet to meet Chicharito.