Stout and the Penn State guys:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Offer an informed opinion on Jimmy Kennedy.

I have to admit....what I saw, I liked. A lot. I thought he looked terrific on the field.

But over the past 3 months I have read nothing but one appallingly negative thing after another about his attitude and laziness. ESPN has quotes from anonymous personnel directors saying all kinds of things about him being dull, emotionless, unmotivated, etc.

Also, I have started to wonder how much playing next to a great college tackle like Adams and a first-round caliber DE in Mike Haynes has helped him.

The DT position seems to attract the most "headcases". McGlockton, Swann, Shaun Rogers, Shawn Gilbert, Haynesworth, Sapp (was regarded as a nut in college), etc. Kennedy seems to be upholding that tradition and it scares me.

So what's the real story?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well Ed, I can actually sum this up fairly quickly. Kennedy will either kick the living crap out of everything he sees in the NFL or he will be a bust of Klingler magnitude. He's your boom or bust pick. I think he'll boom but it's possible he won't.

At PSU there were times he was like a man amongst children. Others I'd scratch my head and wonder what he was doing. With the proper coaching and direction, he'll be good, IMO.

On another note, I think Haynes is the most polished all-around DE in the draft. He won't be spectacular but I can see him turning into a Wistrom.

I think Adams will pleasantly surprise us all and, while not starting, will become a solid rotational guy.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Well Ed, I can actually sum this up fairly quickly. Kennedy will either kick the living crap out of everything he sees in the NFL or he will be a bust of Klingler magnitude. He's your boom or bust pick. I think he'll boom but it's possible he won't.

At PSU there were times he was like a man amongst children. Others I'd scratch my head and wonder what he was doing. With the proper coaching and direction, he'll be good, IMO.

On another note, I think Haynes is the most polished all-around DE in the draft. He won't be spectacular but I can see him turning into a Wistrom.

I think Adams will pleasantly surprise us all and, while not starting, will become a solid rotational guy.

Would you take Kennedy, with Lefty and Suggs available?

OP
OP
E

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout

That was pretty much my take. King Kong on some plays, nonexistent on others.

Any idea what his mental problem might be? Is he arrogant? A party-er? Lazy? Disinterested in football?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn