Sting Fan Appreciation Night

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IT'S FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT!
FRIDAY, APRIL 13 7:30PM
STING VS CALGARY ROUGHNECKS
JOBING.COM ARENA

It's the final regular season home game for your Arizona Sting as they battle for a home game in the NLL Champions' Cup Playoffs! This game is all about you--the Sting fan--so we'll be giving away hundreds of great prizes throughout the game like a Sony Playstation 3, US Airways gift cards, an HDTV, and much more! The first 5,000 fans in the arena will receive a Sting Rally Flag to help cheer on the Sting against Calgary!

If you can't make it to the arena, be sure to tune in to the Sting on television on Cox 7 or online with B2 Networks!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a lacrosse game and have no idea what its all about.. Are the Sting any good?

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Sting are currently in 2nd place in the west and can clinch a home playoff game with a win. Check your PM Gee.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have been thinking about going to see a Sting game. It should be fun.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sting have two games left in the regular season (one here tomorrow and then an away game), one win clinches a home game in the playoffs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should shoot the Playstation 3 and the HDTV into the crowd like they do with t-shirts. :D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a great time tonite at the Sting game.. Im on the horn to find out where Sammie and them have season tickets..

Im amazed how fun it was and how easy it was to pick up the rules..

BTW.. Plunkett is my fav Sting player.. He straight cold knocked out a player tonight.. Dude was shook.. A 15 minute delay was needed.. Dude couldnt get up..

Heres Plunkett..

You must be registered for see images

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game was AWESOME!! I haven't had so much fun at a sporting event in a LONG time. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to follow it very well, but it was pretty easy to pick up, and visually pretty easy to follow. I will probably consider a pair of season tickets next season. So much fun...I recommend it highly to anyone.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you've never seen the Sting play you're missing out. Its great entertainment at a solid price and the team has one of the most dominating and exciting players in the league. Check the team out, you won't regret it.
Why doesn't anybody ever listen to me? :D

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't make it for last night's game but I'm glad you guys had a blast. If Arizona wins today in Minnesota they will clinch a home playoff game to take place next weekend. I'm definitely not going to miss that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they get a home playoff game?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish it would have been a home game.. i woulda went and caused some ruckus..

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If AZ wins and San Jose beats Colorado then the West final will be a home game.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DETAILS OF STING PLAYOFF GAME ANNOUNCED

The date and time of the NLL West Division Semifinal match between the Arizona Sting and Calgary Roughnecks were announced by the National Lacrosse League yesterday. The game will take place on Saturday, April 21, at 7:30pm MST/6:30pm PST at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta.
Saturday’s game will be broadcast online by B2 Networks. Fans can catch the action live by logging onto www.b2live.com.

The Sting have played the Roughnecks once before in the post-season, defeating the then-defending league champions on their home floor in the 2005 West Division Championship by a score of 19-15.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that Cox 7 picks up the Canadian feed of the game like they did last year, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping that Cox 7 picks up the Canadian feed of the game like they did last year, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

They didn't pick it up because Shaw is broadcasting the jumbotron feed on a tape delay locally in Calgary so the logistics just weren't there. B2 isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. The Colorado game will be live on Altitude.