Steve Wilks before a mic: Less flavor than vanilla?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Every time I listen to Wilks on radio or TV, I come away with a feeling what a waste of 10 minutes that was . Not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing. But there is no way to know what his plans for the team are. May be he is a master of obfuscation. I wish he could tell a story or a specific experience in a witty way like Tomlin, Arians etc for a question now and then. that is all. Now, get back to work!

<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/pLRNTybZ4Ewf" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Every time I listen to Wilks on radio or TV, I come away with a feeling what a waste of 10 minutes that was . Not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing. But there is no way to know what his plans for the team are. May be he is a master of obfuscation. I wish he could tell a story or a specific experience in a witty way like Tomlin, Arians etc for a question now and then. that is all. Now, get back to work!

<iframe src="//vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/BxmELC/nbcsports_embed/select/media/pLRNTybZ4Ewf" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

he is still new at his job. Pretty sure right now he is focused on doing what he needs to do and keeping his professionalism in place. By my experience, people tend to loosen up after 4 or 5 months on a new job... so maybe we will see more personality out of wilks by summer time.

or maybe not. some folks keep a solid divider between personal self and professional self

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BA had enough sound bites to last a good while. The new coach has a ton of work to do probably best to focus on that and not the sound bites especially this time of year.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I like the way Wilks said he wasn't going to talk about personnel right now---he said that he and the coaches are still evaluating the roster---and SK corroborated that. That was smart. BA in this spot at the Combine his first year was calling his new LT an elite player. When Wilks has a stronger sense of the roster and players have been added (he said he takes a great deal of pride in building the roster, especially the back end of the roster), then he will be in good position to comment specifically about players and how they will be used.

Additionally, I like that Wilks is maintaining an open mind about what schemes the Cardinals are going to play this year. He is committed to putting the players in the best possible situation to win. "Whatever that takes," he said.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson