Steve Albert retiring

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see who his replacement will be. I wouldn't mind Tom Leander.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess Eddie finally let lose with that big slap Steve kept saying he was going to do to him! LMAO!

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I want Dave Pasch. Tom Leander can fill in for Dave while he is doing ESPN and Cardinals broadcasts.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Glad he is gone. Now please don't bring back Leander. I can't stand his "download the three", "AB-SO-LUTE-LYYYY", "Free for three", or "Elevates and detonates" garbage. I despise every single phrase he comes up with. Still better than Albert, but not by much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they let McCoy do the play by play on TV again. He's in the ring, he's calling the games on the radio already so why not let him finish his career on TV?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I always appreciated Steve & Eddie's objectivity during the broadcast. Just watch League Pass for 5 minutes and most team announcers are huge homers.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At least Leander doesn't make nearly as many mistakes as Albert. Sometimes I thought Steve was going through early signs of dementia.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always appreciated Steve & Eddie's objectivity during the broadcast. Just watch League Pass for 5 minutes and most team announcers are huge homers.

Holy crap your telling me. I got league pass this year and other teams anouncers are just flat out jokes. I was shocked

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't cared for Anne this season and most of last season. When she started I really enjoyed her but I think Albert wore her down, he was beyond awful and whenever he'd mess up with EJ, Eddie would put him back in his place, Anne was too nice for that and it seems like she just quit adding personality this last year.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Steve's New Yawk personality just doesn't fit in the Valley. And I think his self-deprecating humor demeans the Suns as well. If he doesn't believe in himself, why would anyone else?

Although he has been a little more aware of what is happening on the court, he rates as poor in that regard. EJ was still correcting him all season long in this, his fifth season.

At Al's age, they are not going back to him doing simulcasts, which actually hurts watching a game on TV. And although I find Tom Leander easy to listen to, he just doesn't have the presence of a major league play-by-play announcer.

And Annie, whom I like by the way, is a color commentator when she fills in, not a play-by-play announcer, as pointed out. Even if she were, I am sure she would not give up her job as V.P. on both the Suns and Mercury to work nights and on the road on a regular basis, just as with Gonzo on the D-backs.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I haven't cared for Anne this season and most of last season. When she started I really enjoyed her but I think Albert wore her down, he was beyond awful and whenever he'd mess up with EJ, Eddie would put him back in his place, Anne was too nice for that and it seems like she just quit adding personality this last year.

I watched very few games this season, so if Myers toned herself down due to Albert fatigue, I wouldn't have noticed.