Starts and Ends with Chris Paul

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you are saying what?
What I said before. Paul is done. You can't rely on him. He is a choker who will give you some dynamic plays and improve your team but can't get it done when it counts. He is often injured and this post season proved his body just can't take the regular season and playoffs. If Paul is smart? He ring chases instead of trying to lead a team with what time he has left.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I said before. Paul is done. You can't rely on him. He is a choker who will give you some dynamic plays and improve your team but can't get it done when it counts. He is often injured and this post season proved his body just can't take the regular season and playoffs. If Paul is smart? He ring chases instead of trying to lead a team with what time he has left.

If you remove the word "choker" we might agree. Paul has tried to play injured in the playoffs the past two seasons. Injuries are not related to choking in my book.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you remove the word "choker" we might agree. Paul has tried to play injured in the playoffs the past two seasons. Injuries are not related to choking in my book.
Sorry, but his track record after going up 2-0 series says otherwise. Also, if Paul was playing hurt and hurting this team that is also on him. I don't care how competitive he is. He also played erratic even when he had a good game. So, I am not buying he has been hurt this entire time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but his track record after going up 2-0 series says otherwise. Also, if Paul was playing hurt and hurting this team that is also on him. I don't care how competitive he is. He also played erratic even when he had a good game. So, I am not buying he has been hurt this entire time.

All I know is Paul's play suddenly dropped off the day he turned 37. Players usually decline gradually.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is Paul's played suddenly dropped off the day he turned 37. Players usually decline gradually.
No matter how you slice it? Paul is too old. His body can't take the physical beating.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was curious: How many series has Paul won after being up 2-0? So here are all of his 2-0 playoff leads:

2008, Hornets-Mavericks, won in 5
2008, Hornets-Spurs, lost in 7
2013, Clippers-Grizzlies, lost in 6
2016, Clippers-Blazers, lost in 6
2018, Rockets-Timberwolves, won in 5
2019, Rockets-Jazz, won in 5
2021, Suns-Nuggets, won in 4
2021, Suns-Clippers, won in 6
2021, Suns-Bucks, lost in 6
2022, Suns-Mavericks, lost in 7

So we all know about the five losses, but it turns out that that's against only five wins. If you add up all games in a series after Paul has taken a 2-0 lead, you get 12 wins and 25 losses.

In other words, it's even worse than you think.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter how you slice it? Paul is too old. His body can't take the physical beating.
He missed 17 of our final 41 regular season games but I'm more concerned that during the 24 games he did play in the second half of the season he logged more than 35 minutes in 13 of them. At his age, we should be managing his minutes more closely.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
All I know is Paul's play suddenly dropped off the day he turned 37. Players usually decline gradually.
His best and worst quarter of the series was the 4th qtr of game two and the first qtr of game three. So he must’ve gotten injured on the team plane right? The guy is one of the greatest players of this generation but he’s got some kind of block going on upstairs. I wouldn’t use the term choker like I would for Harden because he’s had some epic performances.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He missed 17 of our final 41 regular season games but I'm more concerned that during the 24 games he did play in the second half of the season he logged more than 35 minutes in 13 of them. At his age, we should be managing his minutes more closely.

He's 37. It's over. Helluva player, but it's only going to get worse.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Especially on his soy boy diet. He needs some meat and amino acids.
It's weird how consistently you jump to conclusions on the basis of nothing more than anecdote and hearsay. I usually assume that you're trolling, but maybe you really think this way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His best and worst quarter of the series was the 4th qtr of game two and the first qtr of game three. So he must’ve gotten injured on the team plane right? The guy is one of the greatest players of this generation but he’s got some kind of block going on upstairs. I wouldn’t use the term choker like I would for Harden because he’s had some epic performances.

There is always practice and shootaround as well. Maybe we will find out more details.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just going to get worse. Paul was completely exposed in the playoffs. Teams EVERYWHERE know they can body him up and force him to play on both ends. It's just going to get harder and harder at his age.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we all know about the five losses, but it turns out that that's against only five wins. If you add up all games in a series after Paul has taken a 2-0 lead, you get 12 wins and 25 losses.

In other words, it's even worse than you think.

That overall W-L is kind of skewed since he can't win more than 2 games after being up 2-0 but he can lose 4. Of course he's lost 5 times when up 2-0 but that 12-25 doesn't tell the whole story since he's actually won more series after being up 2-0 but the wins get halted early because of formatting.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's weird how consistently you jump to conclusions on the basis of nothing more than anecdote and hearsay. I usually assume that you're trolling, but maybe you really think this way.

Meh. I'm a little salty after this game. A vegan diet is inferior for an elite athlete.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We knew Paul was like this since last playoffs, so one has to question the minutes logged? That’s on Monty he played or allowed Paul to play way too many times and minutes when games were already decided. A smart coach could easily have limited Paul’s minutes all season to keep him fresh for the grueling playoff run. But no Monty just runs our starters heavy minutes no matter what, freaking deep bench gets limited minutes makes no sense. Just like not using Holiday and Shamet more in these two rounds to help out at PG. his stubbornness with rotations is a huge deficiency imo, as well as his loyalty to Paul. If you know the dude is hurt at least limit his damn minutes Jesus it’s not rocket science!

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Paul wasn't right, Payne has been off all season and Book can't play point.
so with Monty not willing to play Holiday, we were between a rock and a hard place

there were no adjustments from the game 6 blowout so they doubled the game 7 blowout

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
actually, getting beat by the Mavs makes sense when you consider that a great part of our #1 record was built on Paul being the most clutch player in 4th quarters. with him breaking down, the team with the 2nd best record since January stepped up.

so, the shocker is not that we lost in 7.
it's that we were stripped naked and spanked.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
It’s karma. He’s a dirty player and gets his handed to him in the end. That’s what happens to bullies.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s karma. He’s a dirty player and gets his handed to him in the end. That’s what happens to bullies.
I certainly wouldn't call him a clean player but if you were to rank the entire league by how dirty they play, Chris Paul wouldn't be in the bottom quarter. The fact you keep calling him dirty shows why you're here, you're a frustrated Lakers fan here to enjoy the show and add to the misery.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul wasn't right, Payne has been off all season and Book can't play point.
so with Monty not willing to play Holiday, we were between a rock and a hard place

there were no adjustments from the game 6 blowout so they doubled the game 7 blowout
The team needs to make moves now why Paul has any perceived value. One thing about the Paul move that I kept putting aside was what happen when he moved on? We have all seen "Point Book" and it's not pretty. I was willing to put that aside if Paul brought us a title and wanted to worry about that later. That isn't happening now.