Star Wars question

Djaughe

Reaction score
Pariah said:
Pfft. Everybody like Shaun Cassidy in the 70's...right?
Sad thing - I have a vague memory that my mom got me a subscription to Dynamite magazine.....

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
I still haven't seen Star Wars (please dont hurt me) - when does it come out on DVD so I can rent it?

Kate,

I've never seen X-Files. :shrug:

A-Bomb

Last edited:

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
Originally posted by thirty-two

I still haven't seen Star Wars (please dont hurt me) - when does it come out on DVD so I can rent it?

It comes out next month, but, unfortunately, they're not the originals, they're heavily modified special editions--essentailly, bastardized versions of the originals.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phlegyas said:
essentailly, bastardized versions of the originals.
My dad says the same thing about me and my brother :?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
My dad says the same thing about me and my brother :?
Whew, Im glad we are finally talking in the open about this. Now we all dont have to use private messages anymore.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOG, do everyone a favor and paste a full size picture of your avatar on the board. Some of us old guys don't have real good eyesight and you wouldn't want us to get eyestrain, would ya? :D

Homer Simpson

All Star
Reaction score
Since they're going to ruin the movies with all the changes in the DVDs anyway, here are a few I would like to see:

SPOILERS (since there are people like Kate who haven't seen these yet ;))

At the end of the third one, Darth Vader picks up the Emperor and tosses him into the core of the Death Star. Naturally, the Emperor explodes.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Lando Calrissien (BIM?) is flying through the Death Star trying to get to the center so he can blow this one up.

Instead of having the Emperor explode, what they should do is show Vader toss him over, watch him fall towards the center, then quickly cut to Lando and Admiral Ackbar in the cockpit of the Falcon trying to outrun enemy ships. All of the sudden, the Emperor should fall onto their windshield with a loud thud, bounce off, then Lando and Ackbar can look at each other and go "What the hell was that?". Then the Emperor can explode.

Second, in the end scene where Luke watches the three ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda all waving and smiling, they should show Obi-Wan continually glance over at Anakin in a menacing way. When the latter finally picks up on this, he glances over and mouths "What?" Obi-Wan mouths back "First Death Star" while making a slashing motion with his arms, like a batter swinging a bat. Then he points at his side. Anakin mouths "Oops, sorry" while Obi-Wan turns away in a huff.

Also, did somebody have to drive the Death Star? How did it get from orbit to orbit?

And, in the original, at the end, the Death Star was waiting to orbit the planet so it could get around and destroy the Rebel Base. Why not just blow up the planet, then blow up the base?

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All I know is Greedo was supposed to be a bounty hunter and me misses Han Solo at point blank range??

Also even if Luke used to bullseye womp rats in his T-16 back home. You mean to tell me he can all of the sudden pilot their top fighter plane (the X-Wing) and turn of their targeting system to blow up the Death Star. How many hours of training did the guy have? I'm sure the rebels employ a fine X-wing training program with simulators and such. But he just shows up and they suit him up....

...and did Han Solo get to keep that trunk of money he got for saving the princess?