Star Wars: Ahsoka (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

New Star Wars spinoff series being developed out of The Mandalorian.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since seeing her on Mando I decided to watch Clone Wars. I never had. I'm enjoying it! It's good SW.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. So they are bringing in Ezra from the animation series. Which means it's official that another potential Jedi is out there in the Universe. What is interesting? They are going to have to explain why Ezra is not mentioned anywhere later in the timeline. Which likely means Ezra who animation fans love likely meets his end.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now THAT looks like star wars
I don't know how many people watched the Star Wars Rebels animated series or read Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire books but LucasFilm appears to be going full in on adding both in some capacity to this series.

I had read somewhere that Timothy Zahn consulted on this series. The Heir to the Empire books were IMO, the very best of the extended universe books written in Star Wars. This show seems to be at least loosely based, at least in part, on those stories. If they are even close to those books in terms of writing? I can't wait.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Fantastic official trailer but I think it shows too much.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Fantastic official trailer but I think it shows too much.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Appreciate the warning. In that case, I'll skip the video. Just over a month away for the real thing to drop!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the warning. In that case, I'll skip the video. Just over a month away for the real thing to drop!
I am a bit jaded being a huge Heir to the Empire book fan and having watched Rebels. I don't want to be spoiled as this appears to be creating a bridge between the two stories. You are actually probably safe to see this.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a bit jaded being a huge Heir to the Empire book fan and having watched Rebels. I don't want to be spoiled as this appears to be creating a bridge between the two stories. You are actually probably safe to see this.
Just another story Disney is robbing Luke Skywalker of.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might get this right. Timothy Zahn was brought on to help.
Not to mention Luke Skywalker is now… 73 years old.

But sure… let’s make an entire series built around a 73 year old using de-aging tech that makes actors look like cartoons so the white frightists of the world don’t feel like their precious existence is being stolen from them!

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Thrawn trilogy happened 5 years after RotJ, and Ahsoka is older than Luke. Even if you take the time frame this is supposedly happening in DSW Luke is still in his prime.

Oh, and there is such a thing as recasting.

This isn’t about white frightists (whatever that is), this is about Hollywood being totally bereft of talent and creativity.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might get this right. Timothy Zahn was brought on to help.
I don’t trust them to get anything right, and I believe bringing him into advise is not much more than a courtesy. They can do anything with the character that they want.

You of course could be right, and real SW fans would certainly hope so. But their track record thus far is abysmal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson