Sources: Hawks Hot After Amare..

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Amare wouldn't resign with the Hawks...

I love your authoritative proclamations.

"Shaq won't be traded"

"Amare won't resign with the Hawks"

How the hell do you know? Amare loves JJ, is from the region, and is surrounded by better talent with the Hawks than with the Suns. In addition, they'd be more likely to give him a max extension as well. It's fine to have an opinion, but to go around stating it as fact with absolutely no backing is just annoying.

Bayless2Budinger

Registered
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Amare wouldn't resign with the Hawks...
Actually he most certainly would. Over the past year or so he has been spending a lot of time in Atlanta w/ his record company which merged with T.Is record label awhile ago.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I love your authoritative proclamations.

"Shaq won't be traded"

"Amare won't resign with the Hawks"

How the hell do you know? Amare loves JJ, is from the region, and is surrounded by better talent with the Hawks than with the Suns. In addition, they'd be more likely to give him a max extension as well. It's fine to have an opinion, but to go around stating it as fact with absolutely no backing is just annoying.
Amare wants to go deep into the playoffs every year, the Hawks aren't going to do that with the likes of the Cavs, Celtics and Magic in the same conference. THAT'S WHY.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Amare wants to go deep into the playoffs every year, the Hawks aren't going to do that with the likes of the Cavs, Celtics and Magic in the same conference. THAT'S WHY.
Atlanta has some nice pieces in place with JJ,Horford,Smith.
They've competed in the playoffs. IMO they need a better HC. They also have decisions to make concerning their own FA(Pachulia,Williams).

WTF, lets send them Nash & Amare for J.Smith,Speedy,S&T Marvin Williams and 3 future #1's.
They can revive the SUNS of '05.:p

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
If they had Amare, they could contend with the Magic, but the Magic have purer shooters while JJ can get hot, I still think the Magic would have the better overall team, if they keep this current roster.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horford Williams and the 17? Done.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IIRC, Childress is still their restricted free agent which is why he may not return to the NBA for next season. It's highly unlikely, but we could facilitate a sign and trade for Childress. The question is: How much money does he want? IMO, he's worth Barbosa money.

What kind of package would it take to trade Amare. Childress as the centerpiece is not that appealing. Childress really has no value to Atlanta as he refuses to sign with them. They are going to lose him for nothing anyways. A package of Smith and Childress sounds decent, but not when you consider the contract lengths of Smith and a resigned Childress. There goes our "flexibility." Looking at the possibilities, a trade with Atlanta for Amare probably isn't very feasible.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it.......Stephan A. Smith is usually wrong. I hope he is right this time though, I would do that trade in a second.

Stephan A. Smith IS A TOOL.

You know what would be hilarious? If Smith actually got something right, right after ESPN finally found the stones to can his sorry ass.

:biglaugh:

There is a reason for that. He simply isn't worth much now. As great an offensive player as he is, he is on a one year deal, he plays no defense and he is injury prone. Oh, and he also wants a max deal. It's pretty obvious why his trade value isn't great now.

What do you mean injury prone? Aside from his knee problem the eye was a fluke thing. I would say Amare has been durable.

Also, any team that trades for Amare will want Amare to agree to a contract extension. That is a typical request for players traded within the last year of their contract.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Given the economy situation, I don't believe Amare will opt out his 17.686M contract for 2010-2011 season, no matter which team he plays for. And given the current reputation of Amare's game league wide, he will have to play very hard to repair it, to earn himself another fat contract after this one. I believe we can find a taker for Amare for sure, it is a matter of price.

Stephan A. Smith is a tool but this story has some ground, especially in Atlanta side. They made the playoff for 2 consecutive years, definitely want to get better as Joe Johnson in his peak, Al Horford raising, Mike Bibby still got plenty left (they need an upgrade to convince him to re-sign). Amare will give them a much needed paint scoring power which Josh Smith never could provide.

But for the Suns, it is a different story. They won't give up Al Horford, and their draft pick is a lowly 16th, they don't have any other good piece in their team that we need, Josh Smith or not, any deal won't give us significant financial relief. There is no fair for us.

(Actually, if their draft pick is in top 5, guarantee us to land Jordan Hill, we might swallow Josh Smith and his trade kicker.)

The damn Spurs just got Richard Jefferson for nothing. I'm not sure what Kerr is doing but we got to do something before it's too late.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
IIRC, Childress is still their restricted free agent which is why he may not return to the NBA for next season. It's highly unlikely, but we could facilitate a sign and trade for Childress. The question is: How much money does he want? IMO, he's worth Barbosa money.

What kind of package would it take to trade Amare. Childress as the centerpiece is not that appealing. Childress really has no value to Atlanta as he refuses to sign with them. They are going to lose him for nothing anyways. A package of Smith and Childress sounds decent, but not when you consider the contract lengths of Smith and a resigned Childress. There goes our "flexibility." Looking at the possibilities, a trade with Atlanta for Amare probably isn't very feasible.
I flippin love Childress. He is all hustle, has a well rounded game and has all those intangibles you want from a wing.

Amare, Barnes

for

Horford, Childress, 17, filler

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Horford is a beast down low IMO. He's going to only get better and I think he'll be great add to our low post defense (Amare had 0). I doubt if it goes down but I'll be happy if it went through, Amare is just too much of a risk now (eye, knee) and no improvement on the defensive and IQ end.

AtlHawksFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Horford Williams and the 17? Done.

Ain't happening. There's no way that Rick Sund will trade Marvin Williams or Al Horford so give up on this fantasy. Josh Smith is the guy they're looking to move but there aren't many (or any) teams willing to pay the trade kicker. Childress, the pick and Speedy Claxton will be the only other pieces involved in a trade.

BTW - don't mention this to other Hawks fans but I think JJ's a tad bit overrated so I wouldn't be too upset if he were moved. Of course, that will never happen.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
pretty sure that Barnes is not under contract for next year, so we wouldnt be able to offer him in any trade.

He could be included in a sign-and-trade, just like any free agent. But since any team in the league can sign him for the minimum, which is all he's worth, his trade value is zero. If he were included, it would be only to make some numbers work.