So . . who's playing center for the Cardinals??

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
Keim has plugged virtually every position. Is he waiting for Shipley to get desperate or do they think Cole can do the job - that would be ideal. He's bigger, stronger? younger.
Now that I think of it, only one backup QB under contract.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
The radio guys for AZ sports were saying that they don't expect Shipley to be back next season so it's looking like someone already on the roster or a 2020 draft pick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I just saw shipley is already 34, so it probably is time to move on. I think Cole is probably a similar level of player, I just don't know if Gaillard is a capable backup or not.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year the battle for center between Cole and Shipley went right down to the wire.

Shipley May have won the job based on experience.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If he comes back it will be for the vet min.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, what a rough situation. I liked Cole and desperately wanted him to beat out Shipley. Once he didn't, I kinda lost all faith in the Cards having faith in him. I also don't like that they keep moving his position.

I'm gonna be really nervous if the team says we're going with him or Gaillard. Seems like an iffy spot to go with a 6th round pick or a guy who couldn't beat an older guy coming off an ACL tear.

If it does come down to a camp competition, I'll be rooting for Cole. I could see Shipley still being an option late in the offseason, kinda like when we brought back Sendlein (ironically to start over Shipley).

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Trade a future late round pick to the Bengals for Billy Price, OSU guy. They completely messed him up and he was as good a C prospect to come out in awhile.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The underground pod said that Shipley clearly won the Center battle last off season over Cole.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Keim has plugged virtually every position. Is he waiting for Shipley to get desperate or do they think Cole can do the job - that would be ideal. He's bigger, stronger? younger.
Now that I think of it, only one backup QB under contract.
great question. Kind of surprised they haven’t re-signed Shipley yet

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The underground pod said that Shipley clearly won the Center battle last off season over Cole.

last year: I want a very experienced center with my rookie QB.

this year: Kyler in his 2nd year + Cole in his 3rd year / 2nd year in the offense probably works (or at least, they hope so)

Reaction score
last year: I want a very experienced center with my rookie QB.

this year: Kyler in his 2nd year + Cole in his 3rd year / 2nd year in the offense probably works (or at least, they hope so)
Staying with this logic. . . I've heard that Shipley is pretty smart and seems to be a locker room leader. Exactly what you want with a rookie QB, even if you give up a little in on field performance.

This upcoming season those intangibles may not be as important, and they may feel more comfortable to go with the younger guy(s).