So who thinks they will be attending a Cardinals home game this season?

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Am I the only one or does anybody else realize that without a vaccine social distancing is here to stay. Fan less games are what we are looking at this season. It is better that no season at all! Your thoughts????

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO fanless is better than nothing but I don’t think there will be a 17 game season.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there are fans allowed i will definitely go to a gm

Really want to see hop drake Murray in person!!!

Plus amazing atmosphere in person!!!

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I believe they will allow people in at a reduced capacity.

OK, expanding on this, and using the Dolphins idea of allowing approx 15,000 fans into the stadium for each game, how would the team determine WHO or WHICH of the season ticket holders would be allowed at each game? I don't know how many season tickets the Cards have sold, so I can't say what percentage of them would be allowed to each game. But how would you determine which ones would get to see, say, the 49ers when they come, and who gets the Rams or the Hawks? I'm just curious how you, as a season ticket holder, would go about trying to make it fair.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I believe they will allow people in at a reduced capacity.

They will fill the stadium to whatever capacity they are allowed. A 65,000 seat stadium would allow them to seat 13,000 at a 20% capacity rating. There will probably be no need to sell single game tickets if you have enough season ticket holders. The secondary ticket market (stubhub, ticketmaster, etc.) would tank. I wonder how they would handle the corporate boxes? What percent of concessions would actually be opened. If there are to be attendance restraints, then there is no reason to open every concession stand. What about tailgating, will they even allow it? One thing for sure parking will not be a problem.

Wilmot 1

Reaction score
If fans are allowed and tickets are available, I will be coming from Naugatuck, CT to see at least 4 games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I the only one or does anybody else realize that without a vaccine social distancing is here to stay. Fan less games are what we are looking at this season. It is better that no season at all! Your thoughts????

Look man I am sick of this BS about waiting around for a vaccine. The odds of a successful vaccine are very small.

Look at the flu so called vaccine is 35% effective on average. Tons of viruses no vaccine has ever been created for, like HIV for instance. Herd immunity is the only realistic resolution.

95%+ of deaths are people with comorbiditys and the average age of death is 80. This virus is not a problem for the vast majority of the population. The ones at risk need to stay isolated, and eventually the virus will disappear. Very good chance that happens this summer.

In China they are back to complete normal, economy is completely up and going. This is not something that is going to be around for months and months - even if it is, we can't continue to quarentine because the harm that causes is clearly greater than the effects of the virus.

There is going to be a season, and most likely for a good portion of it, fans are going to be in the stands.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look man I am sick of this BS about waiting around for a vaccine. The odds of a successful vaccine are very small.

Look at the flu so called vaccine is 35% effective on average. Tons of viruses no vaccine has ever been created for, like HIV for instance. Herd immunity is the only realistic resolution.

95%+ of deaths are people with comorbiditys and the average age of death is 80. This virus is not a problem for the vast majority of the population. The ones at risk need to stay isolated, and eventually the virus will disappear. Very good chance that happens this summer.

In China they are back to complete normal, economy is completely up and going. This is not something that is going to be around for months and months - even if it is, we can't continue to quarentine because the harm that causes is clearly greater than the effects of the virus.

There is going to be a season, and most likely for a good portion of it, fans are going to be in the stands.

So much bad information in one post... yikes!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, expanding on this, and using the Dolphins idea of allowing approx 15,000 fans into the stadium for each game, how would the team determine WHO or WHICH of the season ticket holders would be allowed at each game? I don't know how many season tickets the Cards have sold, so I can't say what percentage of them would be allowed to each game. But how would you determine which ones would get to see, say, the 49ers when they come, and who gets the Rams or the Hawks? I'm just curious how you, as a season ticket holder, would go about trying to make it fair.

How I would do it and how the NFL will do it will be very different. I would make it fair across the board but I am guessing they will weight it according to how much you pay for tickets.

They are going to want that club level money no matter what.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is more and more evidence that the risk of transmission outdoors (or in large open spaces) are much reduced.

I wouldn't be surprised by that stage to see a compulsory mask program with a normal crowd, possibly temperature scanning. Possibly no away fans though to cut down on mass travel. A bunch of fans packed on planes is bad and masses of people from one region travelling to another vastly increases risk to local populations.

OP
OP
Arealist

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

OP
OP
Arealist

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill will not risk lives in a packed stadium if not for any other reason, the future lawsuits would not be worth the risk. Tv dollars, cable rights and NFL ticket is a good income with no risk. The 95 % comment about dying being average age of 80 is 100% false.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill will not risk lives in a packed stadium if not for any other reason, the future lawsuits would not be worth the risk. Tv dollars, cable rights and NFL ticket is a good income with no risk. The 95 % comment about dying being average age of 80 is 100% false.

So, what do they do? A lottery for which fans get to go to the games? Refunds for those who paid for season tickets but are not chosen to attend? :shrug:

Anything other than "all or none" is going to cause a ton of issues with diehard fans. None of us want to be left out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This C19 crap from what I hear hangs in the air for maybe a good hour and can also sit on metal for a while or whatever this weird crap does and I do not see how any social distancing would work in a stadium. I do think the summer months will have its toll on the virus and eventually we will have a season for the most part... good luck C19 surviving the heat in places like Arizona and Texas :)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They don't need a vaccine, they just need a viable and available treatment option. Once that is readily available things can go back closer to normal.

I expect there to be a reduced schedule this season with fans in attendance. I think they were just being optimistic with the schedule release.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

agree 100%

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
So, what do they do? A lottery for which fans get to go to the games? Refunds for those who paid for season tickets but are not chosen to attend? :shrug:

Anything other than "all or none" is going to cause a ton of issues with diehard fans. None of us want to be left out.

This was my point in my reply to Chris Sanders. None of you diehard season ticket holders will want to be left out, but if the crowd size is limited, I don't see how it can be avoided.

Man, I hope I'm wrong cuz I was planning on going to both NY games as well as NE. But I'm VERY doubtful that it will be possible cuz I'm doubtful that the season will even happen. Granted my outlook is definitely colored by the carnage that is happening daily here in the NYC/NJ area.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Point it out.

Ok, co morbidity is 86% not 95% - Guess I was wrong about that.
https://www.the-hospitalist.org/hos.../comorbidities-rule-new-yorks-covid-19-deaths

About 9% of Deaths in NY are people under 75 without a co morbidity.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Here is the yearly flu vaccine effectiveness from the CDC - It probably is closer to 40% effective than 35
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/past-seasons-estimates.html

Even though I was slightly off on a couple things, the point still remains - the danger of this virus to the vast majority of the population is very low, while the danger of keeping the economy shut down is very very high.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can't fathom a 100% reopen. @Proximo, I think a lot of your views should probably be restricted to P&R, but I don't think it's "vaccine or no go," however, finding a treatment that can help reduce the mortality rate or restrict hospitalizations is important.

As to the topic, I doubt I'll be able to make any games on account of what I expect to be limited crowd sizes and living in Vegas. Standing season ticket holders should definitely get priority, and complications around travel might make it hard to get down there and back in a reasonable amount of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard