So, we're picking 3rd....

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't prefer IDL that early. Less overall snaps and unless they are insane, they aren't as valuable as outside pass rushers. Too much development usually needed and too few snaps played per game.

But what do I know. I loved Kyler and Simmons.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't prefer IDL that early. Less overall snaps and unless they are insane, they aren't as valuable as outside pass rushers. Too much development usually needed and too few snaps played per game.

Depends, if it's a Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald, Reggie White, etc. I am good with that!

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Time to do some research on carter and Anderson. Leaning more Anderson right now

Reactions: PJ1

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Depends, if it's a Warren Sapp, Aaron Donald, Reggie White, etc. I am good with that!
I would be good with that too..... But only Reggie went in the first ten picks IIRC. Quinnen is really the only guy we can compare Carter too in the recent past and his development has taken forever and was considered a dominant but inconsistent enigma for the first few years.

I don't think Carter is Quinnen Williams. I think he may be in between a Derrick Brown and a Quinnen Williams. --- But I say again..... I have been horribly wrong a few times now. haha

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would be good with that too..... But only Reggie went in the first ten picks IIRC. Quinnen is really the only guy we can compare Carter too in the recent past and his development has taken forever and was considered a dominant but inconsistent enigma for the first few years.

I don't think Carter is Quinnen Williams. I think he may be in between a Derrick Brown and a Quinnen Williams. --- But I say again..... I have been horribly wrong a few times now. haha
I am torn on the trade down since we have so many holes to fill. But quantity is not always quality. You get one franchise guy in a draft that plays well for a decade and that can pull your whole team forward.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still up in the air on trading down with many factors that play into that decision. Gonna take each looming question in order. GM, HC, Free agency. Once all that becomes clear, will focus on pick #3

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd go Anderson. His play against the run is spectacular for a not huge guy. And he gets into the backfield a lot. Reminds me of a young Von Miller, but he is probably better coming out.
I’ve been coveting this guy since I first saw him play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I‘ve done some quick asking around and I think I have the top 4 picks locked. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer (these QBs are not that strong) the Bears trade down with Indy. Why Indy? I have it from 2 good sources, if the Bears were still at 2 they were debating between Carter and Anderson. It’s a lock Indy takes Young. Texas will take Stroud unless Levis has great workouts, but they take a QB. That means the Cards get their pick of the DLs. I‘ve mentioned some of this elsewhere but I don’t think this is a tough choice. The Cards take Carter. They could trade down, but top DTs who can penetrate are rare. You don’t pass on them. By only going down to 4, the Bears are assured of getting one of the DLs they love and a great haul of picks. They win the draft.
Man Carter scares me. Happy to gamble on him verses less talented players lower down, but I think Anderson is the sure thing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Vance doesn’t factor because he won’t be here so that doesn’t matter.

I want Will, but Jalen is still a great consolation prize.

Trading back is lunacy talk.
Love you summoning the world you want to exist.

Imagine watching JJ Watt this season and also believing we should trade the 3rd overall pick for magic beans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled the Cardinals are drafting 3rd although the lower the better. It should provide lots of options.

Hopefully Keim is gone and will not be making the pick. I want a new GM reshaping the team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would always take an edge over a DT.

but if we can stay in the top 8 or so and trade down that would be my first choice.

just gotta hope the qbs get hyped up enough in the pre draft process we get a buyer

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Carter can be a top three IDL, but he'll have a longer development curve than Anderson.

Anderson is a prototype 3-4 backer, with bend and quickness and rare instincts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't know if I quite agree with the overall premise of this video.
That was helpful for me in regards to Carter. Thx.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Love you summoning the world you want to exist.

Imagine watching JJ Watt this season and also believing we should trade the 3rd overall pick for magic beans.
Especially when you consider it was old broken down Watt... dude had 2 seasons over 20 sacks and neither of them was with us. But that old broken down superstar was still the most impactful and disruptive guy on our D.

At 3.... we have a chance to get a guy like that and have him through his prime years.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, honestly I don’t have the time to follow the college game. So can you give me a comparison of past players drafted to Carter and Anderson. Are they Quentin Williams and Nick Bosa 2.0?
I don‘t honestly think this way but since you asked. Anderson is a Von Miller type player, but stronger physically. If he moves up and puts his hand on the ground, maybe Chase Young. Anderson is very talented, but this up is an Edge rich draft if you want to build a dominant defense and take 2 front end defenders you can get an Edge in round 2. He certainly will be an impact player and is well above the other Edges at this point. He would not be a bad choice. If the Bears were to take Carter, I’d trade down before taking Anderson.

I’m sure I’ll get attacked for this but Carter’s game reminds me of Warren Sapp. He has that rare ability to totally disrupt a game inside. He is the best recently at penetrating yet he anchors well against the run. He is not a 2 down player. He will draw double teams and allow for stunting and penetration by other players. He makes the other linemen better. He changes the nature of the entire line. He has to be accounted for on every play.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'd go Anderson. His play against the run is spectacular for a not huge guy. And he gets into the backfield a lot. Reminds me of a young Von Miller, but he is probably better coming out.
He was supposed to be Von coming into this season. His hype was unreal after his sophomore year and the draftniks were saying he would’ve gone before Walker/Hutchinson if he were eligible. Given his size I expect him to test really well and go no later than our slot.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Anderson could very well be better, but IDL that can generate a pass rush is considered extremely rare, and that is what Carter is. A guy like him eating double teams will make life so much easier for our linebackers and should be invaluable in helping defend the run.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Anderson could very well be better, but IDL that can generate a pass rush is considered extremely rare, and that is what Carter is. A guy like him eating double teams will make life so much easier for our linebackers and should be invaluable in helping defend the run.
Having Carter could really help us get the most out of Allen and Thomas thats for sure.

My only concern are the rumors about his work ethic and love for the game. I didnt like nkemdiche at 30 but at 3 its a disaster....
But its hard to believe those rumors when dudes motor never stops..... seems to me if he were lazy or didnt love the game he would take plays off or stop instead of giving backside pursuit. But he lays it all out there till the whistle.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That was helpful for me in regards to Carter. Thx.
Carter has some unreal talent. That play where he threw the guard out of his way one handed reminded me of stuff Eric Swann used to do.

As much as some people love elite interior guys, I still don't agree that they are as valuable as elite edge guys. Anderson has a damn good chance to be really special on the edge. The Cardinals have really only had one really twitchy guy like that since I've watched the team, Simeon Rice, and he still isn't as twitchy as Anderson is.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don‘t honestly think this way but since you asked. Anderson is a Von Miller type player, but stronger physically. If he moves up and puts his hand on the ground, maybe Chase Young. Anderson is very talented, but this up is an Edge rich draft if you want to build a dominant defense and take 2 front end defenders you can get an Edge in round 2. He certainly will be an impact player and is well above the other Edges at this point. He would not be a bad choice. If the Bears were to take Carter, I’d trade down before taking Anderson.

I’m sure I’ll get attacked for this but Carter’s game reminds me of Warren Sapp. He has that rare ability to totally disrupt a game inside. He is the best recently at penetrating yet he anchors well against the run. He is not a 2 down player. He will draw double teams and allow for stunting and penetration by other players. He makes the other linemen better. He changes the nature of the entire line. He has to be accounted for on every play.
Thanks Harry!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Carter has some unreal talent. That play where he threw the guard out of his way one handed reminded me of stuff Eric Swann used to do.

As much as some people love elite interior guys, I still don't agree that they are as valuable as elite edge guys. Anderson has a damn good chance to be really special on the edge. The Cardinals have really only had one really twitchy guy like that since I've watched the team, Simeon Rice, and he still isn't as twitchy as Anderson is.
Its a tough choice.
But we have Allen, Thomas, and Sanders who are all young and showing potential.
Anderson replaces one of them..... Carter makes them all better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA