So, we're picking 3rd....

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am happy to have the 3rd pick, but I am waiting until tomorrow until having optimism about next season. Bidwill needs to hire an outside GM, fire Kliff and hire a coach with autonomy. Otherwise, this is just an exercise in Bidwill going through the motions. I have concerns about Anderson being coached and groomed appropriately and Jalen Carter having issues in an undisciplined environment

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am happy to have the 3rd pick, but I am waiting until tomorrow until having optimism about next season. Bidwill needs to hire an outside GM, fire Kliff and hire a coach with autonomy. Otherwise, this is just an exercise in Bidwill going through the motions. I have concerns about Anderson being coached and groomed appropriately and Jalen Carter having issues in an undisciplined environment
Definitely need a new QB Coach! Kyler is not progressing.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Depends on what they can get. If they get a haul from Raiders and only move down to th 9 spot, that would be hard to ignore. I do agree, if there's not much of a haul, take the top ranked pass rusher if you can and call it a day. We WILL have a new GM. It depends on how good the new guy is. We can't pretend the Cards have been inept in the past, but logic says the new guy is possibly NOT inept.
I think Raiders are 7th, not 9th, which I why I'd Target then as a trade down partner if the chips fell that way on draft night.

Pda4976

Reaction score
To pass on the two blue chip players it would take the Raiders second and probably their top 2 picks in 2024.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I go either guy on defense. Sometimes a franchise guy like that is better to take, instead of getting cute and getting greedy. Except we have 30 free agents. Which is a silver lining if we restart this whole thing. We really will have a whole new team next season in any event.

Pda4976

Reaction score
I go either guy on defense. Sometimes a franchise guy like that is better to take, instead of getting cute and getting greedy. Except we have 30 free agents. Which is a silver lining if we restart this whole thing. We really will have a whole new team next season in any event.
100%, trade back and you are giving this front office a higher chance of picking a bust.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jared Verse going back to school pretty much killed any trade-back talk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vance doesn’t factor so that doesn’t matter.

I want Will, but Jalen is still a great consolation prize.

Trading back is lunacy talk.
It’s just wild overthinking. Teams are built around premium players. We have a shot at one. You take him when he’s there.

Only trade down that would make ANY sense is if the Colts wanted to trade up for a QB. That’s it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd go Anderson. His play against the run is spectacular for a not huge guy. And he gets into the backfield a lot. Reminds me of a young Von Miller, but he is probably better coming out.
He is not as explosive as Von.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I‘ve done some quick asking around and I think I have the top 4 picks locked. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer (these QBs are not that strong) the Bears trade down with Indy. Why Indy? I have it from 2 good sources, if the Bears were still at 2 they were debating between Carter and Anderson. It’s a lock Indy takes Young. Texas will take Stroud unless Levis has great workouts, but they take a QB. That means the Cards get their pick of the DLs. I‘ve mentioned some of this elsewhere but I don’t think this is a tough choice. The Cards take Carter. They could trade down, but top DTs who can penetrate are rare. You don’t pass on them. By only going down to 4, the Bears are assured of getting one of the DLs they love and a great haul of picks. They win the draft.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I‘ve done some quick asking around and I think I have the top 4 picks locked. Unless someone makes a ridiculous offer (these QBs are not that strong) the Bears trade down with Indy. Why Indy? I have it from 2 good sources, if the Bears were still at 2 they were debating between Carter and Anderson. It’s a lock Indy takes Young. Texas will take Stroud unless Levis has great workouts, but they take a QB. That means the Cards get their pick of the DLs. I‘ve mentioned some of this elsewhere but I don’t think this is a tough choice. The Cards take Carter. They could trade down, but top DTs who can penetrate are rare. You don’t pass on them. By only going down to 4, the Bears are assured of getting one of the DLs they love and a great haul of picks. They win the draft.
I do think that qbs will go on the first two picks and the Cards will have their choice of Carter or Anderson. I don't think they will trade down but pick one of these, I'm just not sure which one.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry, honestly I don’t have the time to follow the college game. So can you give me a comparison of past players drafted to Carter and Anderson. Are they Quentin Williams and Nick Bosa 2.0?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Harry, honestly I don’t have the time to follow the college game. So can you give me a comparison of past players drafted to Carter and Anderson. Are they Quentin Williams and Nick Bosa 2.0?
I think Carter can be a top three IDL, but he'll have a longer development curve than Anderson.

Anderson is a prototype 3-4 backer, with bend and quickness and rare instincts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't know if I quite agree with the overall premise of this video.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose