Semi OT: Chuck Powell no longer doing daily news show

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
He has been shifted to working "digital content" for the three Bonneville stations in the valley. A possible bright side is that he will be doing podcasts with Vince Marrotta again. I have to assume with KTAR "digital content" is where people go to rot until their contract is done.

DOZER's former co-host CHUCK POWELL will move to a new digital content position for BONNEVILLE's three PHOENIX stations, KTAR, Sports KTAR-A, and Adult Hits KPKX (98.7 THE PEAK) and will host a sports podcast with VINCE MAROTTA for ARIZONASPORTS.COM.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/118817/rob-hunter-named-karie-dozer-s-new-co-host-at-ktar

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Bring back Chuck & Vince!!!

Somebody start a petition!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe they are preparing for a local morning show. It would be great to finally have a local morning program instead of having to listen to Mike and Mike. It's been nice to hear Vince fill in for Gambo and Burns a few times.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Maybe they are preparing for a local morning show. It would be great to finally have a local morning program instead of having to listen to Mike and Mike. It's been nice to hear Vince fill in for Gambo and Burns a few times.

The sickness is THE morning show.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If KTAR brought back Chuck and Vince in the mornings, I would be psyched! I am tire of hearing about the almighty Miami Heat, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Yankees every second of every day on Mike and Mike.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So if Vince and Mark Asher are both on digital content, what about Vince and Ash?

I don't think Asher is on digital media anymore as his contract is done. He's popped up as a fill in host on 910 on occasion and currently works in the financial industry.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who remembers Tony Famino? I enjoyed that show with Larry Gaydos and Steve Schoenfeld. It has gone downhill from there.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
If KTAR brought back Chuck and Vince in the mornings, I would be psyched! I am tire of hearing about the almighty Miami Heat, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Yankees every second of every day on Mike and Mike.
:yeahthat:

It would be really nice to have a local morning show to listen to on my way home from work (which is in the mornings). Plus I always thought their show was pretty funny.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just turned on Comcast Sports Net and Chuck Powell has a tv show/radio show that is part of a Seattle station. Looks like he moved up there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should get a national show. Would be so much better than Rome and Mohr.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Sad. When he pinch-hit on 98.7, it was must-listen. I miss him and Vince and a duo.

Jerry the Dog still lives on through digital downloads...

:sad:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Who remembers Tony Famino? I enjoyed that show with Larry Gaydos and Steve Schoenfeld. It has gone downhill from there.

I do.

Steve had maybe the best NFL inside info that we have ever had in Phoenix.

His passion for the NFL and the Cardinals was a joy to listen to. They had great chemistry on that show and I looked forward to hearing Steve talk NFL every week.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do.

Steve had maybe the best NFL inside info that we have ever had in Phoenix.

His passion for the NFL and the Cardinals was a joy to listen to. They had great chemistry on that show and I looked forward to hearing Steve talk NFL every week.

I remember that show very well also. Hands down, it was the best sports radio I've ever heard in Phoenix. Too bad that was when the Cards were mostly miserable. I would love to hear those guys on the air here the last few years talking Cards football.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately the pansies of the world couldn't handle Chuck. Hands down the funniest guy and most intelligent guy we have had in radio in this state in he last decade of not longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson